Page 2020 of 2276 FirstFirst ... 1020152019201970201020182019202020212022203020702120 ... LastLast
Results 40,381 to 40,400 of 45519
  1. #40381
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That made me guffaw, not chortle. Strong post.
    Glad to hear it. Like to make someone chuckle, chortle or guffaw at least once a day. A giggle or two is also worthwhile.

  2. #40382
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Glad to hear it. Like to make someone chuckle, chortle or guffaw at least once a day. A giggle or two is also worthwhile.
    it was a quality post, and we like quality posts.

  3. #40383
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    it was a quality post, and we like quality posts.
    Drat. Apparently, I'm in the wrong thread.

  4. #40384
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Drat. Apparently, I'm in the wrong thread.
    I am obviously quantity over quality.

  5. #40385
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm trying to figure out which band I've seen the most in my life. I never really liked rock concerts so almost every "big" act I ever saw, it was a one time deal. The only band I can remember seeing multiple times was the Blood Oranges (as has been discussed here before.)

    I did see Duran Duran in the '80s. I never saw The Police.

  6. #40386
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I never saw The Police.
    I saw The Police when I lived in Danvers.

  7. #40387
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which band I've seen the most in my life. I never really liked rock concerts so almost every "big" act I ever saw, it was a one time deal. The only band I can remember seeing multiple times was the Blood Oranges (as has been discussed here before.)

    I did see Duran Duran in the '80s. I never saw The Police.
    Probably Jimmy Buffett for me. Four times, but I only paid for tickets once. The others ended up free. Two of them were box seats at Walnut Creek. Once, Buffett got hold of the t-shirt cannon and I was hit in the . . . umm . . . upper chest area with a t-shirt. Really tacky one, too.

  8. #40388
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Probably Jimmy Buffett for me. Four times, but I only paid for tickets once. The others ended up free. Two of them were box seats at Walnut Creek. Once, Buffett got hold of the t-shirt cannon and I was hit in the . . . umm . . . upper chest area with a t-shirt. Really tacky one, too.
    My FIRST concert ever was Jimmy Buffett. I was a senior in high school and accompanied 3 junior girls. Our parents let us go alone. I was pretty sheltered at that point still. It was, Um, an eye opener.

  9. #40389
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which band I've seen the most in my life. I never really liked rock concerts so almost every "big" act I ever saw, it was a one time deal. The only band I can remember seeing multiple times was the Blood Oranges (as has been discussed here before.)

    I did see Duran Duran in the '80s. I never saw The Police.
    The handful I’ve seen most would be Brandi Carlile, Wilco, and the Old 97s. Willie Nelson and Jimmy Buffett in the next tier.

  10. #40390
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Grateful Dead, by a wide margin.

    Bands I’ve seen (I think there was a separate thread on this):

    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple — no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue Öyster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets
    Black Crowes
    Dash Rip Rock
    Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians
    Widespread Panic (small party on Emory’s campus — less than 50 people I am sure)
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd (young teenager)
    Butch Trucks (young teenager)
    Elizabeth Cook
    Flaming Lips
    The Jody Grind (multiple — if you know, you know)
    Junior Brown (multiple)
    Keller Williams
    Marcus King (the next big thing)
    Eddie Arnold
    Sha-Na-Na
    Robert Hunter
    Steel Pulse
    Tower of Power
    Warren Zevon

    I’m sure I’m forgetting a lot.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  11. #40391
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Grateful Dead, by a wide margin.

    Bands I’ve seen (I think there was a separate thread on this):

    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple — no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue Öyster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets
    Black Crowes
    Dash Rip Rock
    Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians
    Widespread Panic (small party on Emory’s campus — less than 50 people I am sure)
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd (young teenager)
    Butch Trucks (young teenager)
    Elizabeth Cook
    Flaming Lips
    The Jody Grind (multiple — if you know, you know)
    Junior Brown (multiple)
    Keller Williams
    Marcus King (the next big thing)
    Eddie Arnold
    Sha-Na-Na
    Robert Hunter
    Steel Pulse
    Tower of Power
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Warren Zevon

    I’m sure I’m forgetting a lot.

    You sure you're a suit, man? You seem pretty cool.

    Did you/do you play?

  12. #40392
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You sure you're a suit, man? You seem pretty cool.

    Did you/do you play?
    Guitar. Not well.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  13. #40393
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Grateful Dead, by a wide margin.

    Bands I’ve seen (I think there was a separate thread on this):

    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple — no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue Öyster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets
    Black Crowes
    Dash Rip Rock
    Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians
    Widespread Panic (small party on Emory’s campus — less than 50 people I am sure)
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd (young teenager)
    Butch Trucks (young teenager)
    Elizabeth Cook
    Flaming Lips
    The Jody Grind (multiple — if you know, you know)
    Junior Brown (multiple)
    Keller Williams
    Marcus King (the next big thing)
    Eddie Arnold
    Sha-Na-Na
    Robert Hunter
    Steel Pulse
    Tower of Power
    Warren Zevon

    I’m sure I’m forgetting a lot.
    Wow. You win. Wow.

  14. #40394
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Grateful Dead, by a wide margin…I’m sure I’m forgetting a lot.
    Yeah, that tracks.

  15. #40395
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    …hell of a list though. I’m impressed and jealous.

  16. #40396
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Shakespeare Plays I've Seen On Stage (not film):

    Romeo & Juliet (multiple)
    12th Night (multiple)
    As You Like It (multiple)
    Hamlet (multiple)
    Macbeth (multiple)
    King Lear
    Cymbelline
    Henry IV, Part 1
    Henry IV, Part 2
    Henry V
    A Midsummer Night's Dream (multiple)
    Julius Caesar (multiple)
    Antony & Cleopatra
    Troilus and Cressida
    The Taming of the Shrew
    The Merchant of Venice
    Richard III
    The Winter's Tale
    The Tempest (multiple)
    Love's Labors Lost (multiple)
    Much Ado About Nothing (multiple)
    Measure for Measure (multiple)

    I have acted in Pericles and Othello without having seen other productions of them on stage. I will defer to the LTE to decide if they count.

    I do not claim that the designation of multiple is comprehensive. I listed multiple if I could immediately remember having seen it more than once.

  17. #40397
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Shakespeare Plays I've Seen On Stage (not film):

    Romeo & Juliet (multiple)
    12th Night (multiple)
    As You Like It (multiple)
    Hamlet (multiple)
    Macbeth (multiple)
    King Lear
    Cymbelline
    Henry IV, Part 1
    Henry IV, Part 2
    Henry V
    A Midsummer Night's Dream (multiple)
    Julius Caesar (multiple)
    Antony & Cleopatra
    Troilus and Cressida
    The Taming of the Shrew
    The Merchant of Venice
    Richard III
    The Winter's Tale
    The Tempest (multiple)
    Love's Labors Lost (multiple)
    Much Ado About Nothing (multiple)
    Measure for Measure (multiple)

    I have acted in Pericles and Othello without having seen other productions of them on stage. I will defer to the LTE to decide if they count.

    I do not claim that the designation of multiple is comprehensive. I listed multiple if I could immediately remember having seen it more than once.
    I would count them. I get to claim education credit for lectures I deliver.

  18. #40398
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yeah, that tracks.
    Flip side is, some I remember in vivid technicolor detail.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  19. #40399
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Flip side is, some I remember in vivid technicolor detail.
    I saw “The Dead” on their ‘02 tour in Roanoke and then again in summer ‘03 in Atlanta, and would describe both experiences thusly.

  20. #40400
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    It's Tuesday eve. Blech.

    We should really rethink this 7 day week thing and drop Tuesday. It can be the Golden Globes of days of the week.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •