Page 2018 of 2316 FirstFirst ... 1018151819181968200820162017201820192020202820682118 ... LastLast
Results 40,341 to 40,360 of 46303
  1. #40341
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And here we go again.
    Same old stuff again.

  2. #40342
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Time to make the doughnuts? I am making red beans and rice for dinner. My daughter is moving into an apartment next year and we love to cook together. The problem is I don't write anything down, so we are trying to record my recipes so she can make them.
    Yeah. I need to do that, particularly with all the pizzas I make.

    Sounds like quality daddy-daughter time. I thought you didnít eat rice though?

  3. #40343
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah. I need to do that, particularly with all the pizzas I make.

    Sounds like quality daddy-daughter time. I thought you didnít eat rice though?
    I don't. They do. So basically red beans and sausage (and ham hock) for me.

  4. #40344
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ah. Plus Burlington is great.
    All Hail ClemmonsDevil!

    Meanwhile: preparing for the first lawn mowing of the season, but overnight moisture could kick this into Wednesday or Thursday, very exciting!

  5. #40345
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    All Hail ClemmonsDevil!

    Meanwhile: preparing for the first lawn mowing of the season, but overnight moisture could kick this into Wednesday or Thursday, very exciting!
    Is the mulch out?

  6. #40346
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is the mulch out?
    Oh yeah, he's now moved on to protecting the mulch beds from enemy infiltrations.

  7. #40347
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is the mulch out?
    mulching is done, though I have about a cubic yard in reserve for future plant acquisitions by Mrs Womble.

    Hoping to be able to mow in the Central Park District this year, the site of some of the Great Tree Catastrophe of Halloween, 2017...tried weed whacking it last year, but it's too big for that, so I've put mulch over some exposed
    roots, hoping this allows for mowing, without running into nasty woody protrusions. Too much info, I know...

  8. #40348
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    mulching is done, though I have about a cubic yard in reserve for future plant acquisitions by Mrs Womble.

    Hoping to be able to mow in the Central Park District this year, the site of some of the Great Tree Catastrophe of Halloween, 2017...tried weed whacking it last year, but it's too big for that, so I've put mulch over some exposed
    roots, hoping this allows for mowing, without running into nasty woody protrusions. Too much info, I know...
    Solid plan. Like it!

  9. #40349
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Category: Pop songs about Mondays. Go!

  10. #40350
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Manic Monday by The Bangles.

  11. #40351
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Category: Pop songs about Mondays. Go!
    Macarena means Monday in Spanish if I recall my 2 years of high school Spanish correctly.

    Or maybe itís bibliotheca, one of the two.

  12. #40352
    My strongest media memories of Monday were of course Monday, Monday back in the day.

  13. #40353
    https://youtu.be/ek4k6rZfFsk

    Problematic because this is about a school shooting. But first song I ever heard about Mondays.

  14. #40354
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    https://youtu.be/ek4k6rZfFsk

    Problematic because this is about a school shooting. But first song I ever heard about Mondays.
    I used to blast this song as I drove into the parking deck at work every Monday morning.

  15. #40355
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    yeah, the Boomtown Rats take the Monday cake.

  16. #40356
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Category: Pop songs about Mondays. Go!
    Rainy Days and Mondays

  17. #40357
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    "Come Monday" is a personal favorite.

  18. #40358
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    "Come Monday" is a personal favorite.
    Thanks. Loved the intro on this.

  19. #40359
    https://youtu.be/A4B0pLDqYqI
    This is how I feel. It's absolutely nuts but I have worked since I was 16 and I have loved every job I have ever had. I was a stock boy at a Hallmark store, worked construction building Hallmark stores after the guys who renovated our store asked me to come work for them. Did that all through college and then managed American Eagle Outfitters and that was just a wonderful job. I loved it and I stay in contact with so many of those kids who worked for me. Then I worked in the NICU and PICU at Wake Forest and did ECMO for 5 years before moving to the NICU at Forsyth Medical Center. Both of those were great jobs and I learned so much. I got signed as a consultant by a large ventilator company and got to travel all over the country for them and then got my current job. So 31 years of just absolutely fantastic jobs. And just got promoted to my dream job. I have been very fortunate.

  20. #40360
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Not my favorite Duran Duran song, but the only one that is about Monday.

    New Moon on Monday

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3a4OTh2Y8w

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •