Page 2016 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 101615161916196620062014201520162017201820262066211625163016 ... LastLast
Results 40,301 to 40,320 of 67372
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I have oxalis all over the place, and yes, they have pretty pink flowers.
    The variety of oxalis I dealing with has yellow flowers. My neighbor's yard is all oxalis unfortunately, makes it difficult to keep it out of my yard.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The variety of oxalis I dealing with has yellow flowers. My neighbor's yard is all oxalis unfortunately, makes it difficult to keep it out of my yard.
    uh oh, could a suburban dandelion war be brewing? Glad I live in hick country.

Every Spring we have lots and lots of melted snow runoff, which often brings lots of seeds with it...so the driveway area close to our garage finds itself chock full of violets and other colorful flowers..it looks nice all summer...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post

Every Spring we have lots and lots of melted snow runoff, which often brings lots of seeds with it...so the driveway area close to our garage finds itself chock full of violets and other colorful flowers..it looks nice all summer...
    Hah. Yeah, my neighbor thinks any weeds in his yard are because those of us on either side of him don’t manage our yard to the same standards.

I don’t get the serious Sunday dreads but by the time late afternoon rolls around it’s like, well, guess we gotta do this thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t get the serious Sunday dreads but by the time late afternoon rolls around it’s like, well, guess we gotta do this thing again.
    I’ve crossed over. It’s May. This is the last week of regular class before our year-end enrichment program starts (I’m teaching a course on the history of American cartoons…seriously). I’ll be there tomorrow. Everyone else will be there. We will do things. It will be fine. It will be sunny outside and everyone will be distracted and I will wear a Hawaiian shirt to work.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I’ve crossed over. It’s May. This is the last week of regular class before our year-end enrichment program starts (I’m teaching a course on the history of American cartoons…seriously). I’ll be there tomorrow. Everyone else will be there. We will do things. It will be fine. It will be sunny outside and everyone will be distracted and I will wear a Hawaiian shirt to work.
    Nice. What cartoons will you cover? Did you design it yourself or how do you even get that going?

Someone on here, ThroatyBeard I think, designed his own course on The Wire and I think that is pretty darn rad.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post

From one neighbor, I took over care of the grass between our two houses. Half was mine anyways, but we share some bushes and he manages those. The other yard is a lost cause, the other homeowner is rarely outside and never in the grassy part. Every once in a while I will kill the weeds that are creeping into my yard.

2-minute chocolate lava cake in a cup for my resident momma.
    At her request, I baked a lime cheesecake with fresh strawberries. Easy to please.

Bath night!

Nice. What cartoons will you cover? Did you design it yourself or how do you even get that going?

Someone on here, ThroatyBeard I think, designed his own course on The Wire and I think that is pretty darn rad.
    It’s our annual mini-mester…everyone teaches an enrichment course within some area of their expertise, and the kids get a more easygoing change of pace in the last couple of weeks before summer.
    I’ll be starting with WB and Disney shorts beginning in the 1930s, tracing some design evolutions and character growth in those works over the decades. Next we’ll hit some Tex Avery and probably Fantasia, to look at the heights of mid-century animation.
    I want to touch on Hanna-Barbera characters and franchises, so will probably do Flinstones, Scooby Doo, and Wacky Races, with maybe a Huckleberry Hound/Yogi/Magilla Gorilla short thrown in there.
    A look at Japanese arts will probably include a Miyazaki film and an episode of 1980s Voltron as an example of some of the earliest animé to hit the United States on a broadly popular basis.
    We’ll take a look at some Pixar shorts in order to cover the advent of digital animation and its evolution over the years, and close with some time with “modern” animation influence by some of the greats: Animaniacs, Spongebob, and the Simpsons.

…that was indeed Throaty who did the Wire course, which was likely rather more highbrow than what I’ll be doing, though I do plan to examine the evolution of these cartoons’ design, production, and characterizations over time.

I'm highly caffeinated this evening.

Anybody remembers Antonino Rocca, Buddy Rogers, Johnny Valentine or Ricki Starr?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Osmond View Post
    Anybody remembers Antonino Rocca, Buddy Rogers, Johnny Valentine or Ricki Starr?
    Rasslers?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Rasslers?
    Very Bot-like, you also started a thread asking that same question.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil
    Rasslers?
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere
    Very Bot-like, you also started a thread asking that same question.
    I'm very much human lol.

Correct!

I'm very much human lol.
    Okay, just checking.

Correct!

I'm very much human lol.
    My friends growing up LOVED wrestling. Bought magazines. Went to events. Watched every Saturday morning...and I absolutely HATED it. Just despised it, but I watched a ton like I was in a hostage situation.

I'm very much human lol.
    I am the Astro-Creep a demolition style hell American freak yeah
    I am the crawling dead a phantom in a box shadow in your head
    Say acid suicide freedom of the blast read the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.er lies
    Make me do it again, yeah
    More human than human.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I posted before about Paddies application to Boston College, yes? Kudos to BC for coming up with what I think is the best question any school asks on their applications. Not a direct quote but close enough "If you were tasked with designing a new course to teach at BC, what would the course entail?" Paddies described the course he would teach on medieval economic history with specific emphasis on medieval guilds. After his description, I wanted to take the course. He wound up wait-listed at BC, which is rather hard to get into these days, so I was surprised that he did well enough to be wait-listed given his somewhat checkered past at the time. I'm convinced it was that answer to that question. Well that and the fact that the transfer admissions councilor in charge of his application reached out to him directly with questions about the bizarre transcript he had to submit from Michigan State. (He got a medical withdrawal so his transcript lists four courses with no grades, not even incompletes, it's just the courses listed but it doesn't say that he medically withdrew.) He was able to directly communicate about his anxiety disorder and the work he had been doing to get himself ready to return to being a full time student.

Rasslers?
    My friends growing up LOVED wrestling. Bought magazines. Went to events. Watched every Saturday morning...and I absolutely HATED it. Just despised it, but I watched a ton like I was in a hostage situation.
    I didn't start watching until the Bob Backlund era of the WWF. Bruno Sammartino, Gorilla Monsoon and some others come to mind. I watched for 4-5 years regularly then kinda moved on.