Page 2011 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 101115111911196120012009201020112012201320212061211125113011 ... LastLast
Results 40,201 to 40,220 of 67384
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Bad Moon Rising is one of my karaoke go-tos. I always slip in directions to the bathroom during at least one of the choruses.
    I saw Fogerty in concert a number of years back, and he sang the last line, "There's a bathroom on the right . . ." It was awesome!

I worked summers and Christmas breaks at the Duke Textbook Store. We were forced to deal with the god-awful Musak playing 24/7. We had to get creative. Paul McCartney's My Brave Face became My Shaved Face, then My Thick Shake, then My Bald Head. Anything goes when you're bored.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I worked in a movie theater for awhile when I was in grad school. Old style theater that they converted to two screens (it had a balcony when it was built), so, upstairs/downstairs. The soundtrack for the downstairs movie starts to become a part of the fabric of your life. We showed Hannah and Her Sisters for three months.

This theater also showed Rocky Horror every Friday and Saturday night while I worked there, the theater set a record for the longest continuous run of a movie in the US. We had a big birthday party for Rocky and the staff all dressed in costume, so yeah, I had a French maid's outfit for one night. I went to grad school at SMU in Dallas. Sexism in Texas was something I struggled with, but, occasionally I appreciated some of the attitudes. I was the only female employee and the manager thought it wouldn't be safe for me to close on Fridays or Saturdays because of the Rocky Horror crowd, so, he didn't have me close on Fridays or Saturdays. I didn't complain. We shut concessions down about 10 minutes after the movie started and everybody working would clean up, but only the box office manager and one more staff member had to stay until the movie was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I worked in a movie theater for awhile when I was in grad school. Old style theater that they converted to two screens (it had a balcony when it was built), so, upstairs/downstairs. The soundtrack for the downstairs movie starts to become a part of the fabric of your life. We showed Hannah and Her Sisters for three months.

This theater also showed Rocky Horror every Friday and Saturday night while I worked there, the theater set a record for the longest continuous run of a movie in the US. We had a big birthday party for Rocky and the staff all dressed in costume, so yeah, I had a French maid's outfit for one night. I went to grad school at SMU in Dallas. Sexism in Texas was something I struggled with, but, occasionally I appreciated some of the attitudes. I was the only female employee and the manager thought it wouldn't be safe for me to close on Fridays or Saturdays because of the Rocky Horror crowd, so, he didn't have me close on Fridays or Saturdays. I didn't complain. We shut concessions down about 10 minutes after the movie started and everybody working would clean up, but only the box office manager and one more staff member had to stay until the movie was over.
    That's a pretty cool job. What theater was it (I'm from the DFW area)?

Meanwhile:

1. Changed spikes at a golf course and clean the restroom
    2. Sold ice cream at a Marble Slab Creamery (don't eat anywhere teenagers work)
    3. Sold shoes at a mall shoe store (don't buy shoes from a place teenagers work)
    4. Worked the cater side of a restaurant business (see 2)

I did have a cool research assistant job at Duke. Worked out in one of the forests helping the PhD students collect data.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Maybe it's just an evil brother
    Probably adopted from before

Answer can be highlighted here:
    I had not heard that one before.

I was more of a Street Fighter kid myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The DBR has a a longstanding policy not to allow postings that promote other websites, except on rare occasions for charitable or public interest purposes. We allowed the Deeber thread to persist for a while because of the general goodwill that some of the Deeber folks had earned here. However, now that the thread has been around for a bit, the mod team decided that it was time to be consistent in our rules and treat it as we have treated others who have also attempted to use the DBR to promote themselves.
    Podcast much???? 🤣🤪😆

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Podcast much???? 🤣🤪😆
    He does. It's the DBR podcast for SB Nation. It's part of our product. And it's very good! 🤣🤪😆

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I was more of a Street Fighter kid myself.
    Blanka is green in SF2 is because he ingested too much chlorophyll? That's silly.

I feel like this is how my eventual first meeting with Aimo is going to go.

Blanka is green in SF2 is because he ingested too much chlorophyll? That's silly.
    Whoa. Did this post ever become the meat in an unpleasant sandwich.

Whoa. Did this post ever become the meat in an unpleasant sandwich.
    Well we all blame you

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Well we all blame you
    Street Fighter versus Mortal Kombat incites passion. No doubt.

I feel like this is how my eventual first meeting with Aimo is going to go.
    Well, I am confused. What exactly is going on?!?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Well, I am confused. What exactly is going on?!?
    It got erased. There was an angry post on here from a deeberer. And I am cool with people being upset and all, but don't sully the LTE. That's my job. Get off my corner.

It got erased. There was an angry post on here from a deeberer. And I am cool with people being upset and all, but don't sully the LTE. That's my job. Get off my corner.
    Yeah, I saw it. Didn't really understand it. Was more intrigued with how he got away with his verbage without being wankerized. Used an image?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yeah, I saw it. Didn't really understand it. Was more intrigued with how he got away with his verbage without being wankerized. Used an image?
    I know. I was jealous.

I know. I was jealous.
    Well, they may need to add the word to their wankerizer or the wankerizer is broken...

Well, they may need to add the word to their wankerizer or the wankerizer is broken...
    Yep, that did not last long!

Good night, all! Watch out for falling rockets this weekend!