Page 2006 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 100615061906195619962004200520062007200820162056210625063006 ... LastLast
Results 40,101 to 40,120 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    In elementary school the teacher would distribute mimeographed tests by handing everyone in the front row a pile to pass back. Many of us mastered the art of quickly sniffing the piles as we passed them back over our head to the students behind. Good times!
    This is a useful lifelong skill.

Warm cookies. Reward for too many brady bunch meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Warm cookies. Reward for too many brady bunch meetings.
    I just had a Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale as a reward for not punching my coworkers. Looking up pink boxing gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I just had a Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale as a reward for not punching my coworkers. Looking up pink boxing gloves.
    I thought they were your inferiors now?

I thought they were your inferiors now?
    They are not accepting of this fact. I keep telling them though.

Inferiors or subordinates?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Inferiors or subordinates?
    Yes.

Pai Gow!

I actually keep saying I am here to work with and for them. And I do believe this. They're not buying it. I actually had one of them go to the CEO and say it was remarkable that I was able to be successful despite the fact that I didn't operate the same way all of the rest of them do.

Are they successful too... albeit with a differing approach?

As their supervisor, are you responsible for their success? Accountable - i.e. graded yourself on their performance?

I threw myself a one man pity party last night. Attendees were less than enthused.

It's new day!

I am, in fact, too sexy for my shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am, in fact, too sexy for my shirt.
    Right Said, OPK?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Right Said, OPK?
    Yeah. It hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I just talked to two co-workers about my fond memories of mimeograph machines. Of course I sniffed the paper! It smelled great!
    I've read numerous times that smell memories last a long, long time...I very much recall the mimeo smell, along with the chalk dust smell since I often got to "clean" the erasers in this loud machine which just seemed to blow chalk dust all over the place...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I actually keep saying I am here to work with and for them. And I do believe this. They're not buying it. I actually had one of them go to the CEO and say it was remarkable that I was able to be successful despite the fact that I didn't operate the same way all of the rest of them do.
    And did the CEO respond with a "DUH!"?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I've read numerous times that smell memories last a long, long time...I very much recall the mimeo smell, along with the chalk dust smell since I often got to "clean" the erasers in this loud machine which just seemed to blow chalk dust all over the place...
    Smell and songs. I can listen to random old songs when they pop up on the radio from 25 years ago and they can cause pretty impressive memory flashbacks with intense emotional responses depending on the association.

Smell and songs. I can listen to random old songs when they pop up on the radio from 25 years ago and they can cause pretty impressive memory flashbacks with intense emotional responses depending on the association.
    These flashbacks for me usually involve my high school locker. No idea.

Same here. I also have a handful of really strong associations with the first time I heard certain songs that are now in heavy rotation. For example, I distinctly recall the first time I heard the Allman Brothers and was like, "What is THAT and where can I get more?"