Page 2006 of 2170 FirstFirst ... 1006150619061956199620042005200620072008201620562106 ... LastLast
Results 40,101 to 40,120 of 43383
  1. #40101
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    In elementary school the teacher would distribute mimeographed tests by handing everyone in the front row a pile to pass back. Many of us mastered the art of quickly sniffing the piles as we passed them back over our head to the students behind. Good times!
    This is a useful lifelong skill.

  2. #40102
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Warm cookies. Reward for too many brady bunch meetings.

  3. #40103
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Warm cookies. Reward for too many brady bunch meetings.
    I just had a Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale as a reward for not punching my coworkers. Looking up pink boxing gloves.

  4. #40104
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I just had a Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale as a reward for not punching my coworkers. Looking up pink boxing gloves.
    I thought they were your inferiors now?

  5. #40105
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I thought they were your inferiors now?
    They are not accepting of this fact. I keep telling them though.

  6. #40106
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central New York state
    Inferiors or subordinates?

  7. #40107
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Inferiors or subordinates?
    Yes.

  8. #40108
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Pai Gow!
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  9. #40109
    I actually keep saying I am here to work with and for them. And I do believe this. They're not buying it. I actually had one of them go to the CEO and say it was remarkable that I was able to be successful despite the fact that I didn't operate the same way all of the rest of them do.

  10. #40110
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central New York state
    Are they successful too... albeit with a differing approach?

    As their supervisor, are you responsible for their success? Accountable - i.e. graded yourself on their performance?

  11. #40111
    I threw myself a one man pity party last night. Attendees were less than enthused.

  12. #40112
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central New York state
    It's new day!

  13. #40113
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    I am, in fact, too sexy for my shirt.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  14. #40114
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am, in fact, too sexy for my shirt.
    Right Said, OPK?

  15. #40115
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Right Said, OPK?
    Yeah. It hurts.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  16. #40116
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I just talked to two co-workers about my fond memories of mimeograph machines. Of course I sniffed the paper! It smelled great!
    I've read numerous times that smell memories last a long, long time...I very much recall the mimeo smell, along with the chalk dust smell since I often got to "clean" the erasers in this loud machine which just seemed to blow chalk dust all over the place...

  17. #40117
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I actually keep saying I am here to work with and for them. And I do believe this. They're not buying it. I actually had one of them go to the CEO and say it was remarkable that I was able to be successful despite the fact that I didn't operate the same way all of the rest of them do.
    And did the CEO respond with a "DUH!"?

  18. #40118
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I've read numerous times that smell memories last a long, long time...I very much recall the mimeo smell, along with the chalk dust smell since I often got to "clean" the erasers in this loud machine which just seemed to blow chalk dust all over the place...
    Smell and songs. I can listen to random old songs when they pop up on the radio from 25 years ago and they can cause pretty impressive memory flashbacks with intense emotional responses depending on the association.

  19. #40119
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Smell and songs. I can listen to random old songs when they pop up on the radio from 25 years ago and they can cause pretty impressive memory flashbacks with intense emotional responses depending on the association.
    These flashbacks for me usually involve my high school locker. No idea.

  20. #40120
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Smell and songs. I can listen to random old songs when they pop up on the radio from 25 years ago and they can cause pretty impressive memory flashbacks with intense emotional responses depending on the association.
    Same here. I also have a handful of really strong associations with the first time I heard certain songs that are now in heavy rotation. For example, I distinctly recall the first time I heard the Allman Brothers and was like, "What is THAT and where can I get more?"

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •