Page 2003 of 2315 FirstFirst ... 1003150319031953199320012002200320042005201320532103 ... LastLast
Results 40,041 to 40,060 of 46300
  1. #40041
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You and I also need to hang out.
    we need to gather up a bunch of us and eat some dead animals sometime. Maybe this Fall in Derm (football game)?
    One of the biggest heartbreaks of the Covid year has been the shutdown of our local store's most excellent wing bar, great place to grab a few fistfuls of wings when you're out and about.

    Bostondevil notes a local eating challenge here. I remember about 45 years ago going into a local legendary bar/restaurant call The Black Cat where they had "yards" of beer to chug, enormous tapered glass...and one day I saw a kid take the challenge, down it went, and it was splendid watching his face transform...then it ALL came back up.

  2. #40042
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My personal records include 40 plus chicken wings, 17 slices of large Pizza Hut pizza, 2 Subway Footlong Subs, 5 Whoppers. And those are just attempts to eat a lot and keep track of it. I didn't keep track of how much I ate. The chicken wings and the Whoppers wer during college when my buddies bet a table of bigger guys that I could eat more than they could. As I was finishing my fourth Whopper one of the dudes at the other table asked me to stop because I was making him sick. I once went to a Brazilian Steakhouse with buddiess from the University of Vermont and I ate for an hour and a half. Which meant that they all sat there for 45 minutes to an hour just watching. That was my best night but it was unofficial. When my family had Easter dinner a few years ago and we made steaks but I ate at least two and a half 18 Oz steaks. My gastric rapacity knows no satiety.
    that is truly impressive.

  3. #40043
    I'm not a fan of the Oxford comma either.

  4. #40044
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Oxford comma either.
    I just bought some pink boxing gloves.

  5. #40045
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I just bought some pink boxing gloves.
    I might change that answer...

  6. #40046
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ya know, I usually have this in mind at the dump as I find it (also) be be quite cathartic...splendid performance at the Costco, $490 in 18 minutes including two lbs. of Prime filet mignons for this evening on the grill...
    I wonder if I can still make it to Vermont by this evening...

  7. #40047
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I wonder if I can still make it to Vermont by this evening...
    Plenty of food for you! This has been one of the changes in our lives caused by the pandemic; we haven't eaten inside a restaurant for 14 months (that could soon change) but we've found that we can splurge on food (e.g. Costco Prime filets) and still save a bunch of money on dining, and we don't have to worry about the limitations of drinking and driving.

    We'll still enjoy the social aspects of dining out, but there's something to be said for glorious meals at home, too...

  8. #40048
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we need to gather up a bunch of us and eat some dead animals sometime. Maybe this Fall in Derm (football game)?
    One of the biggest heartbreaks of the Covid year has been the shutdown of our local store's most excellent wing bar, great place to grab a few fistfuls of wings when you're out and about.

    Bostondevil notes a local eating challenge here. I remember about 45 years ago going into a local legendary bar/restaurant call The Black Cat where they had "yards" of beer to chug, enormous tapered glass...and one day I saw a kid take the challenge, down it went, and it was splendid watching his face transform...then it ALL came back up.
    I guess that would be better than eating LIVE animals . . .

  9. #40049
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I just bought some pink boxing gloves.
    We can get matching T-shirts sponsored by Affordable Dentures!

  10. #40050
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I guess that would be better than eating LIVE animals . . .
    not uncommon in parts of Asia. We'll have some groundrules and stick to the dead ones when we gather.

  11. #40051
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    We can get matching T-shirts sponsored by Affordable Dentures!
    I don't love this.

  12. #40052
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    We can get matching T-shirts sponsored by Affordable Dentures!
    Yes! Matching pink t-shirts, I assume.

  13. #40053
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Dogs with lolling tongues: another snapshot of happiness.

  14. #40054
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Dogs with lolling tongues: another snapshot of happiness.
    Most things asleep are also.

  15. #40055
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Most things asleep are also.
    Apparently not adult male bundabergdevils.

  16. #40056
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Iíll crowd the pan if I want to, thank you very much.

  17. #40057
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Apparently not adult male bundabergdevils.
    Most leaves room. Perhaps not as much as many, which may have been the better choice.

  18. #40058
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    I'm surprised no one around here has made a May the fourth joke. Seems the crowd.

  19. #40059
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I'm surprised no one around here has made a May the fourth joke. Seems the crowd.
    Are you serious? Only a bunch of nerds would make that kind of joke.

  20. #40060
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    are you serious? Only a bunch of nerds would make that kind of joke.
    nerds!!!


    intro-1507658461.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •