Page 20 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230701205201020 ... LastLast

Ipod p.s., and pushing the post count up

The first thing I do load on my ipod when I get a chance to is going to be my DUMB CD. I love it!!! Now I can play it anywhere I go and anytime I want to. Yippee, woo hoo! Though I hope I don't start chanting with it in the middle of somewhere, like a group of Tar Heels. hee hee

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Bringing our either/or game into the world of theater.

Comedy or tragedy?

Musicals or straight plays?

(I've got another play coming up in the Boston area in a couple of weeks. I'll post another shameless self promotion thread next week.)

Hey, I'm the G-man! I'm going to relish it for a little while. Carry on.

Comedy

Definitely comedy over tragedy. There's enough real tragedy.

Saw the G-Man. Brilliant!

Dogs.
    Manual.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I did a little (very little) research about the movies and audio books (is that an oxymoron). It would be cheaper for me to buy the movie/book than purchase it for my ipod. Plus the screen is so small for viewing (wait don't reply yet ). BUT, if I were a traveler like, say BillyBreen, then I could see why downloading a movie/book to my ipod would be beneficial. Or if I had a laptop and could watch the movie from that, again I could see the benefit. So I'll just have to download music and pictures. Yea, I know boo hoo.

Hey, if everyone at DBR sent me their picture I could put it on my ipod. And still have room for a few CD's.

Disclaimer: I don't mean to pick on BillyBreen. He is a HUGE Apple fan, and he does do quite a bit of traveling. Perhaps a bit of jealousy on my part. I'm sorry Billy's ipod was stolen. Billy, Billy, don't lose your ipod. I'm feeling EarlJam deprived. Anyone else suffering with me?
    Well, it was only one of my iPods. And I've never really watched a movie on an iPod. Fortunately, I always have my Apple MacBook Pro with me if I want to watch anything I've bought from iTunes or ripped from DVD, but usually I'm playing games or reading on flights.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Yeah that's royally awful for BillyBreen. I'm pretty anal about keeping anything of any worth in the car.
    Yeah, I guess I should be, but ever since moving out of Durham, I haven't had any issues. Also, my car has an alarm (which works if the car is locked, which it wasn't )

Dell laptop + T-Mobile SDA smartphone bluetooth modem over EDGE cellular speeds = speedy fullscreen DBR browsing in a snowy Denver airport. Goodness, I love technology. What would I have done before all this???

Oh wait, I would have just read a book... <sheepish grin> Excuse me while I pull out my copy of "I am Legend."

Or, I could finish watching Season 1 of Arrested Development, hmmm...

Oh, and:

Dogs (duh)
    manual (except in rush hour)
    drama (over comedy or tragedy)
    musicals (comedic musicals)

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yeah, I guess I should be, but ever since moving out of Durham, I haven't had any issues. Also, my car has an alarm (which works if the car is locked, which it wasn't )
    Easier said then done. I have a bag of stuff that I take in and out of my car every time I drive it (GPS, iPod), but frequently I just leave it in the car. Ditto locking it.

Sorry to hear about your stuff.

Almost 10 hours between DA's and my posts. It's like some of you guys were sleeping or something.

- exotic birds over cats and dogs
    - automatic over manual (I'm old and have nothing to prove, and would feel really stupid shifting gears in a minivan)
    - comedy over tragedy (both on stage and in life)
    - DVDs over plays and musicals (uhm, can't get to the stage with three pre-schoolers)

Choices...

comedy definitely
    no musicals please

New preferences:

city living versus country? (over 90% of people live in cities)

Miles versus Kenny G.?

Piano versus violin?

Franz Klein versus Holbein (younger or elder)?

Pound cake versus fruit cake?

I did a large version of this...

but for some reason DBR did not use it??? Anyway...a belated Seasons Greetings again...

Go Duke!!!

12. Bush mispronounces Battier

This thread should not count toward a Longest Thread title. It has no focus or real continuity. It is like the Phony War of 1940. Form attempting to supplant substance.

Haha, we are trying to stuff the stat sheet on meaningless opponents.

As far as the Longest Thread title, well the criteria seem self-explanatory. I mean it isn't the Longest Thread on a continuous topic or the Longest High-quality Thread on Coach Cutcliffe's impact on uncommitted recruits for 2008-09.

Quote Originally Posted by dukepsy1963 View Post
    comedy definitely
    no musicals please

New preferences:

city living versus country? (over 90% of people live in cities)

Miles versus Kenny G.?

Piano versus violin?

Franz Klein versus Holbein (younger or elder)?

Pound cake versus fruit cake?
    I live in a city sort of. I mean there aren't any buildings over 4 stories within miles of me. So is that a city. The cities of the South and the West are very different from those of the Northeast: NYC, Philly or Boston. If you can't tell, I struggle with the definition of what a city is.

Miles, any doubt?

Violin...

No idea...

Pound cake...

Talking There you go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    This thread should not count toward a Longest Thread title. It has no focus or real continuity. It is like the Phony War of 1940. Form attempting to supplant substance.
    It's that Indoor mafia again from who knows where (within one meter)!

Suburb/Exurb
    Miles
    Piano
    Hans
    Neither one ... I can't stand them both, but I'll be willing to try allenmurray's coconut custard pie!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Who needs substance?

It's overrated.

Doing my part for this thread:
    suburbs
    Miles
    violin
    Franz Klein
    Pound cake versus fruit cake? Difficult choice--if the fruit cake is well done (real high-quality fruit, no nasty green pieces), and liberally marinated with brandy, then I have to give the fruit cake the nod.

How was that Dip's coconut pie anyway? I'm curious. I miss that place so much.

Green tea or black tea?

Green tea...but hot chocolate over both(okay, I still have my childhood sweet tooth).

Posting from enemy territory...Kentucky (Her house). Nobody's looking though, so I'm safe. I did have to leave my brand new Duke hat (thanks, Santa Mom!) in the car in favor of my utterly destroyed Braves hat (which, sad as it might look, is still functional and hands down the best one I've ever owned).

city
    miles
    piano
    i have no idea what you are talking about
    pound cake
    and
    white tea

gum: fruit flavor or mint flavor?