Page 1989 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 98914891889193919791987198819891990199119992039208924892989 ... LastLast
Results 39,761 to 39,780 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I’m in the “those aren’t push-ups” camp.
    whoa Nelly, the gauntlet has been thrown!

I’m in the “those aren’t push-ups” camp.
    Watched the video. Couple of issues for me. First 10 to 20 were legit, but after that he stopped breaking the 90 degree plane. This is still an absolutely gargantuan and grueling undertaking. Also I can't fathom how he can use such a wide grip. I think my shoulders would actually pop off of my body. I pop out sets of 70-80 every 15 minutes up to 500 6 days a week. I assume not all of mine are picture perfect form either, but I go a little slower than him to try to keep my form tight(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This is still an absolutely gargantuan and grueling undertaking.
    Not an ounce of argument from me on this point.

As he even notes, the military has a different standard. That's where I had to do my pushups.

Not an ounce of argument from me on this point.

As he even notes, the military has a different standard. That's where I had to do my pushups.
    I can't comment - I'm the one in the 2200 push up challenge that has to do wall push ups. I can't do real ones but I figured it might be the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I can't comment - I'm the one in the 2200 push up challenge that has to do wall push ups. I can't do real ones but I figured it might be the thought that counts.
    Absolutely it is and wall push-ups 100% count if it’s a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Absolutely counts!

I just vacuumed and cleaned the downstairs bathroom for a visitor this afternoon, so I'm feeling rather special.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I just vacuumed and cleaned the downstairs bathroom for a visitor this afternoon, so I'm feeling rather special.
    The visitor helping with that mulch pile?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The visitor helping with that mulch pile?
    In a way, yes...I've got more than I need, and I'll let her take a bunch if she wants it...she's my number one barter partner, this is just another example of that...my own mulch work has again been suspended due to rain, and there's a rumor we may get an inch of snow tonight, jeopardizing tomorrow's mulching agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    In a way, yes...I've got more than I need, and I'll let her take a bunch if she wants it...she's my number one barter partner, this is just another example of that...my own mulch work has again been suspended due to rain, and there's a rumor we may get an inch of snow tonight, jeopardizing tomorrow's mulching agenda.
    I’m beginning to think you don’t want to mulch. Wait too long and you’ll have a pile of dirt!

I’m beginning to think you don’t want to mulch. Wait too long and you’ll have a pile of dirt!
    I have a love/hate relationship with the pile, but once I get scooping and tossing, I'm all in...a couple more days should do it, with a fair amount left over for future plant acquisitions...rained pretty hard all day, don't feel bad about not mulching today.

And my, the rain makes the mulch and blooming plants and flowers look oh so nice.

The rain (and subsequent pooling of water in my yard) left quite a bit of mulch scattered about. I'm going to have to rake/shovel it when the rain stops.

Pool nearly empty. Rescued one dumb squirrel, still chasing a few frogs.

It’s always a little pond-y when first reopening but it got dirtier than normal this year since we’re cleaning it out and replacing the liner.

Loaded my daughter's stuff up at Alabama and spending the night in Birmingham before heading home.

Loaded my daughter's stuff up at Alabama and spending the night in Birmingham before heading home.
    Is it the end of the semester already?

Is it the end of the semester already?
    Yep. People were all over taking graduation pictures.

Yep. People were all over taking graduation pictures.
    Wow. Thought it was usually a Mother's Day affair, least it was in my day.

I look forward to hearing (on this thread or by PM) how she enjoyed the year. Certainly not a tropical year.

DaughterPK helped with sorority rush at U of A this fall — the rules were very restrictive. I hope your daughter’s next 3 years are a more typical college experience!

Yes, I am aware I need to sweep the pollen off my porch, but . . .

Any idea what critter made this? I'm thinking coyote. A smaller one.

IMG_0476.jpgIMG_0479.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Any idea what critter made this? I'm thinking coyote. A smaller one.

IMG_0476.jpgIMG_0479.jpg
    That's a baby swamp ape paw if I ever saw one.