Page 1975 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 97514751875192519651973197419751976197719852025207524752975 ... LastLast
Results 39,481 to 39,500 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    really nice inns in Italy will put an anchovy on your pillow during their "turn down" service.
    Only in Sardinia.

Inland they just cudgel you bologna and insults until you fall asleep or leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Agreed. Anchovies should only go on Nilla wafers.
    But only the crunchy kind.

Burritos. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Burritos.
    Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Tacos
    Where you are I assume your tacos will be better than my burritos

Where you are I assume your tacos will be better than my burritos

There are no losers in this scenario.

There are no losers in this scenario.
    True. It's hard to make a truly bad burrito or taco but I've seen it done.

Couple local spots are pretty good; the one we go to the most has a wide variety of tasty salsas that makes the difference.

Which are worse, anchovies or sardines?

Which are worse, anchovies or sardines?
    Both.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Both.
    That is the correct answer.

That is the correct answer.
    Nah. Neither is bad if they’re proper. The barely there salt bones you buy in the stores aren’t proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have to keep making myself step away from the coronavirus thread because the topics over there just make me angry. Thinking about vaccine deniers is the latest. I don't much care how we do it, but, it's time for the public health minded among us to bring societal pressure down on the vaccine deniers. We did it with smokers. It is possible.
    It is just completely absurd. We've entered the "post facts" phase of our society, where someone with twelve years of school, thirty years of experience, and peer-reviewed published research can be countered with "yeah, but watch this YouTube video with an open mind."

Sadly this isn't just about the vaccine or science, but rather any topic someone wants to disagree on. You can see them coming a mile away, when they start rolling their eyes and saying, "oh, sure, but where did your hear THAT?"

Nah. Neither is bad if they’re proper. The barely there salt bones you buy in the stores aren’t proper.

Tacos
    speaking of which, my friends: the new New Yorker has an amazing article on the gargantuan popularity of "French Tacos." They are not tacos as we know them, and the term for one is a "tacos," but they sure sound great to me...huge fast food chains have sprung up over this marvel. Let me quote from the article:

"a flour tortilla, slathered with condiments, piled with meat, usually halal, and other things (usually french fries)doused in cheese sauce, folded into a rectangular packet, then toasted on a grill." Origins are unclear, but there certainly seems to be some Algerian influence...they term it "a rather successful marriage between panini, kebab and burrito." They've been around for about 20 years, and have become gigantically popular.

This is THE junk food of the French, with a great "cost to calorie" ratio...When you order, you look at various columns and choose: the size, the meat, the sauce (great choices) and the extras.

The author raved about her choice: "The Original" with sauce Algerienne, chicken breast and cheddar, with internal fries and cheese sauce, made with creme fraiche and Gruyere, big enough for "bicep curls."

All this popped up in the environs of Lyons in southern France.

And by the way, the article notes that despite what some think, the French love junk food, and a 2015 study showed that half the population is now overweight or obese...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    really nice inns in Italy will put an anchovy on your pillow during their "turn down" service.
    Budwom, when they tell you “tonight you sleep with the fishes” that’s usually a bad sign!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Budwom, when they tell you “tonight you sleep with the fishes” that’s usually a bad sign!
    uh oh, might have to cancel our reservations! I thought an anchovy on the pillow was a sign of respect! Little did I know...

Whoa. Big response about little fish!

Whoa. Big response about little fish!
    I do live in Texas now. I'll probably go truck shopping next week.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You were right to use the term usually and I assumed you were thinking about Troy McClure when you said that.