Page 1968 of 2384 FirstFirst ... 968146818681918195819661967196819691970197820182068 ... LastLast
Results 39,341 to 39,360 of 47668
  1. #39341
    Hmmmmm. Was leaning towards a Simpsons-like:
    "In a way we're all winners. But in another more accurate way, I am the winner."

  2. #39342
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hmmmmm. Was leaning towards a Simpsons-like:
    "In a way we're all winners. But in another more accurate way, I am the winner."
    You could do the Homer “I am so smart” chant.

  3. #39343
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You could do the Homer “I am so smart” chant.
    S-m-r-t Smart!

  4. #39344
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I dated a girl who thought "Bring us some figgy pudding" was "Bring us some piggy pulley".
    There’s a great joke along these lines on the Muppets/John Denver Christmas album.

  5. #39345
    Lots of consternation around 1.1 points per game on the main page.

  6. #39346
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    There’s a great joke along these lines on the Muppets/John Denver Christmas album.
    Egad, I did give Sherlock Hemlock a shout out in this thread. So, there are some here that would like to hear this.

    *stops shameless Muppets pandering

  7. #39347
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Lots of consternation around 1.1 points per game on the main page.
    He was the 3-4 year player that so many could get behind. Good development and progress every year, ala Quinn Cook. We miss those guys.

  8. #39348
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Egad, I did give Sherlock Hemlock a shout out in this thread. So, there are some here that would like to hear this.

    *stops shameless Muppets pandering
    The gang is singing “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” and Gonzo starts in on “Now bring us some figgy pudding.” Miss Piggy mishears the line and cuts him off with the interjection, “PIGGY PUDDING?!?!?”, in inimitable Piggy style. Gonzo sets her at ease by reassuring her, “No, no, figgy pudding. It’s made with figs.” Piggy breathes an audible sigh of relief and just as Gonzo strikes up the verse again, he sneaks in the under-his-breath aside “...and bacon.”
    Rimshot.

  9. #39349
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The gang is singing “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” and Gonzo starts in on “Now bring us some figgy pudding.” Miss Piggy mishears the line and cuts him off with the interjection, “PIGGY PUDDING?!?!?”, in inimitable Piggy style. Gonzo sets her at ease by reassuring her, “No, no, figgy pudding. It’s made with figs.” Piggy breathes an audible sigh of relief and just as Gonzo strikes up the verse again, he sneaks in the under-his-breath aside “...and bacon.”
    Rimshot.
    Piggy pudding sounds kind of good.

  10. #39350
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Egad, I did give Sherlock Hemlock a shout out in this thread. So, there are some here that would like to hear this.

    *stops shameless Muppets pandering
    For fans of the Muppets . . . And Ted Lasso . . . And salty language . . .

    I present the Ted Lasso ensemble on their SAG nomination:


  11. #39351
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    He was the 3-4 year player that so many could get behind. Good development and progress every year, ala Quinn Cook. We miss those guys.
    Not a great comp to me. Cook was coming off a high school knee injury as a freshman and started as a sophomore. Henry was a 'tweener at 6'7" and was definitely not going to start next year. Banchero is a much better pro prospect than Matt Hurt. Plus Williams may ne an absolute unicorn. I liked Henry and thought he could become a good player (I was MUCH higher on Brakefield). This just seems like an overreaction to me.

  12. #39352
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Not a great comp to me. Cook was coming off a high school knee injury as a freshman and started as a sophomore. Henry was a 'tweener at 6'7" and was definitely not going to start next year. Banchero is a much better pro prospect than Matt Hurt. Plus Williams may ne an absolute unicorn. I liked Henry and thought he could become a good player (I was MUCH higher on Brakefield). This just seems like an overreaction to me.
    Microanalysis when dealing with matters of the heart rarely turns out well.

  13. #39353
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The gang is singing “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” and Gonzo starts in on “Now bring us some figgy pudding.” Miss Piggy mishears the line and cuts him off with the interjection, “PIGGY PUDDING?!?!?”, in inimitable Piggy style. Gonzo sets her at ease by reassuring her, “No, no, figgy pudding. It’s made with figs.” Piggy breathes an audible sigh of relief and just as Gonzo strikes up the verse again, he sneaks in the under-his-breath aside “...and bacon.”
    Rimshot.
    Thank you! Please sir, may we have some more?

    *I know they did a Christmas Carol, did they ever do Oliver Twist?

  14. #39354
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    For fans of the Muppets . . . And Ted Lasso . . . And salty language . . .

    I present the Ted Lasso ensemble on their SAG nomination:

    I till haven't checked out AppleTV yet.

  15. #39355
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Microanalysis when dealing with matters of the heart rarely turns out well.
    Agreed. Strike from the record please.

  16. #39356
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    I think Annie Lennox is underappreciated and would do very well today.

  17. #39357
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think Annie Lennox is underappreciated and would do very well today.
    Would I lie to you?

  18. #39358
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Would I lie to you?
    How else would you get me to walk on broken glass?

  19. #39359
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How else would you get me to walk on broken glass?
    Sweet dreams are made of this...

  20. #39360
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sweet dreams are made of this...
    Do be do be do do do oh Do be do be do do do ohs?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •