Page 1955 of 2106 FirstFirst ... 955145518551905194519531954195519561957196520052055 ... LastLast
Results 39,081 to 39,100 of 42112
  1. #39081
    Who turned off the heat?

  2. #39082
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    They spent half the movie googling all the Scottish and English people (based on real events) and asking one another whether they remembered them. One of them is hard of hearing -and the movie was on - so the exchanges were loud and Scottish. There was a sex scene and father in law yelled, ďYouíre missing the tits and bums, dear!Ē to his wife who was in the kitchen. He also burps with his mouth open and every time he does, his wife says ďmore tea vicker?Ē They ruined the climax of the movie by asking each other if they remembered x, y and z before x, y, and zed had happened.

    My wife is about to lose her mind. Speaking of stereotypes, I think they share a few qualities with the So I Married an Axe Murderer parents.
    That sounds highly entertaining. From the outside and at a safe distance.

  3. #39083
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Who turned off the heat?
    You live in Texas. Could be a long list.

  4. #39084
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You live in Texas. Could be a long list.
    Lol, yeah, fallout from the February mess is going to take a while to work it's way through. But the local utility did send a note that they were going to refund the electricity availability fee of $8.75 for the month of February.

  5. #39085
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Iíve got a triceratops sized pile of mulch to shovel today.

  6. #39086
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Iíve got a triceratops sized pile of mulch to shovel today.

    torosaurus-size.jpg

    Yikes!
    The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

  7. #39087
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I guarantee it! It would probably involve Mr. Moose from Captain Kangaroo, but still . . .
    a friend of mine bought Captain Kangaroo's house.

  8. #39088
    I am meeting another DBR poster for lunch and a beer exchange today. He is in for a real treat, obviously. Aimo, I will let you know if he punches me in the nose so you can send him a gift basket.

  9. #39089
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Iíve got a triceratops sized pile of mulch to shovel today.
    I just got delivery of seven cubic yards...not prepared to deal with it until at least Monday, my excuse is that it's too wet now...i've got a love/hate relationship with mulch...hemlock!

  10. #39090
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ...hemlock!
    Sherlock Hemlock is on the case!

    SherlockHemlock.jpg

  11. #39091
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I just got delivery of seven cubic yards...not prepared to deal with it until at least Monday, my excuse is that it's too wet now...i've got a love/hate relationship with mulch...hemlock!
    Thatís about what I have. Shoveled out about 1.5 so far. Stopping for a homemade bacon egg cheese biscuit, which should get me through a few more.

  12. #39092
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thatís about what I have. Shoveled out about 1.5 so far. Stopping for a homemade bacon egg cheese biscuit, which should get me through a few more.
    I am at the age where I limit myself to 1-1.5 hours/day of mulching, since it follows a five mile walk...want to keep my back happy...bacon egg cheese biscuit sounds like perfect fuel.

  13. #39093
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Maybe not quite that size but definitely Jurassic Park, "that is one big pile of s***" triceratops stuff!

  14. #39094
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am at the age where I limit myself to 1-1.5 hours/day of mulching, since it follows a five mile walk...want to keep my back happy...bacon egg cheese biscuit sounds like perfect fuel.
    Probably got slightly more than half out, all the front yard is taken care of. Think I'm going to save the backyard for tomorrow and do a few other things today. It is satisfying to see the pile slowly get smaller but boy, it's manual. Usually my wife spreads while I cart but I'm on double duty this year.

  15. #39095
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Probably got slightly more than half out, all the front yard is taken care of. Think I'm going to save the backyard for tomorrow and do a few other things today. It is satisfying to see the pile slowly get smaller but boy, it's manual. Usually my wife spreads while I cart but I'm on double duty this year.
    Are you saying she is lazy?

  16. #39096
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Probably got slightly more than half out, all the front yard is taken care of. Think I'm going to save the backyard for tomorrow and do a few other things today. It is satisfying to see the pile slowly get smaller but boy, it's manual. Usually my wife spreads while I cart but I'm on double duty this year.
    I shovel my mulch into a wheel barrow, then spread it by hand, which is time consuming but allows me to be pretty precise...I'm glad I only have to do this once a year, but it looks great when it's done.

  17. #39097
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Are you saying she is lazy?
    When I tell her that, she starts yammering on about gestating a baby and I'm all, "yeah, I gest-ate a sandwich and I'm still working!"

    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I shovel my mulch into a wheel barrow, then spread it by hand, which is time consuming but allows me to be pretty precise...I'm glad I only have to do this once a year, but it looks great when it's done.
    Yep. I shovel into a wheel barrow and then spread by rake in the big spots and by hands in the tight ones. Front yard looks nice. Back yard looms but tomorrow. Now I'm going to go fill a hole in the gap filler in my shed that a mouse burrowed through. Turd.

  18. #39098
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I shovel my mulch into a wheel barrow, then spread it by hand, which is time consuming but allows me to be pretty precise...I'm glad I only have to do this once a year, but it looks great when it's done.
    We do pine needles but I like mulch much more.

  19. #39099
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central New York state
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    a friend of mine bought Captain Kangaroo's house.
    Bob Keeshan was a US Marine

  20. #39100
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Bob Keeshan was a US Marine
    Did he make it to Captain?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •