Page 1937 of 2328 FirstFirst ... 937143718371887192719351936193719381939194719872037 ... LastLast
Results 38,721 to 38,740 of 46546
  1. #38721
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And the thunder rolls...
    Does the lightning strike?

  2. #38722
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, I though they were on about catch, neuter, release with feral cats again but then I realized Id misread.
    I'm just trying to keep people on their toes. Furry or not.

  3. #38723
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Does the lightning strike?
    I like to think of the lady in Two Pina Coladas as the same lady in The Thunder Rolls, just a year or so later getting her groove back.

  4. #38724
    What a difference between threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Experts, please feel free to correct me.
    In other threads, this might say:

    Experts, please feel free to FIGHT ME!

  5. #38725
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Have other skills though.
    Hmmmm...I am willing and comfortable speaking in front of large groups and I seem to be compelling enough that people will at least entertain what I discuss. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a skill. I can do a little woodworking (I made our valances) and I can rewire a lamp or light fixture. I can change a ceiling fan and light fixtures too. I can change a tire in less than 10 minutes. I can cook most anything, but I'm awful at baking...can't follow directions. Not sure how many of these are actually skills or proof I die as "unnamed character" in the opening scene of a zombie apocalypse movie.

  6. #38726
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That song is older than I am.
    Apparently, I am the same age as that song, so thanks for making me feel old!

    And isn't it 25 or 6 to 4? Or did I miss a joke somewhere?

  7. #38727
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Apparently, I am the same age as that song, so thanks for making me feel old!

    And isn't it 25 or 6 to 4? Or did I miss a joke somewhere?
    It was either a typo or a reference to post scored by Zion?

  8. #38728
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, I though they were on about catch, neuter, release with feral cats again but then I realized Id misread.

    Not a car guy. Or a machine guy. Or a tool guy.

    Wish I was. Am not. Have other skills though.
    Oh, you guys!

  9. #38729
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not sure, ones that lived but beyond that I don't know the detail. Plus I've never seen the movie. The subject did come up in a class somehow.
    Read the book. It's better.

  10. #38730
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    nipping into a store today to buy carpeting for our stairs...a pretty rare public appearance, may have to go with sunglasses.

  11. #38731
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    nipping into a store today to buy carpeting for our stairs...a pretty rare public appearance, may have to go with sunglasses.
    I wear my sunglasses at night.

  12. #38732
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What a difference between threads.



    In other threads, this might say:

    Experts, please feel free to FIGHT ME!
    I'm just smart enough to know that there's a lot I don't know.

  13. #38733
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm just smart enough to know that there's a lot I don't know.
    Rummy!

  14. #38734
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm just smart enough to know that there's a lot I don't know.
    Early in the Pandemic and UFO threads I weighed in. But then RSVman, John B and Devilhorse weighed in in those 2 threads and I recognized that I was like Donny. Out of my element.

  15. #38735
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Early in the Pandemic and UFO threads I weighed in. But then RSVman, John B and Devilhorse weighed in in those 2 threads and I recognized that I was like Donny. Out of my element.
    Definitely they are carrying the load. I feel like I have gained more reliable information from DBR about COVID than any other source.

    Not sure what that says, actually, now that I type it and read it.

  16. #38736
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Definitely they are carrying the load. I feel like I have gained more reliable information from DBR about COVID than any other source.

    Not sure what that says, actually, now that I type it and read it.
    I think that is 100% accurate. We have been lucky in neonatology that this is not something that affects babies. I have taken care of a few babies that were covid positive but not many.

  17. #38737
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think that is 100% accurate. We have been lucky in neonatology that this is not something that affects babies. I have taken care of a few babies that were covid positive but not many.
    My co-worker's grandbaby (3 mos) was just tested for COVID this weekend. Turns out he was just clogged with pollen.

  18. #38738
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My co-worker's grandbaby (3 mos) was just tested for COVID this weekend. Turns out he was just clogged with pollen.
    Those kids have been brutal to take care of. Glad your coworker's grandchild was negative.

  19. #38739
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think that is 100% accurate. We have been lucky in neonatology that this is not something that affects babies. I have taken care of a few babies that were covid positive but not many.
    It's truly insane to imagine how burly this could have gotten if it were infectious and lethal to younger folks.

  20. #38740
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Got a 33 inch, 26 pound monster with some flint stones band aids from his boosters.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •