Page 1929 of 2033 FirstFirst ... 929142918291879191919271928192919301931193919792029 ... LastLast
Results 38,561 to 38,580 of 40649
  1. #38561
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    But don't you deserve it for wearing sandals?
    What do you have against my flippy floppies?

  2. #38562
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What do you have against my flippy floppies?
    I apologize. That was aggressive. But ain't nobody want to see your feet. Put shoes on.

  3. #38563
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I apologize. That was aggressive. But ain't nobody want to see your feet. Put shoes on.
    Youíre such a heel.

  4. #38564
    Using the ignore function.

  5. #38565
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Why is The Masters so famous?

  6. #38566
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central New York state
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Why is The Masters so famous?
    Among other reasons, very fast, sloped greens make low scores very difficult.

  7. #38567
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Why is The Masters so famous?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Among other reasons, very fast, sloped greens make low scores very difficult.
    And, it is the only major played on the same course every year. Incredible history on every hole.

    The back nine is very risk/reward. Someone will shoot 31; someone will shoot 38. Huge swings, great hole designs, lightning fast undulating greens. Usually sets up for great drama.

  8. #38568
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And, it is the only major played on the same course every year. Incredible history on every hole.

    The back nine is very risk/reward. Someone will shoot 31; someone will shoot 38. Huge swings, great hole designs, lightning fast undulating greens. Usually sets up for great drama.
    And the azaleas are gorgeous.

  9. #38569
    GNR covering Bob Dylan at the Freddie Mercury Tribute in '92.

  10. #38570
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And, it is the only major played on the same course every year. Incredible history on every hole.

    The back nine is very risk/reward. Someone will shoot 31; someone will shoot 38. Huge swings, great hole designs, lightning fast undulating greens. Usually sets up for great drama.
    Thanks to you and BT. Sitting around watching it yesterday with a couple of golfers and neither really had a good answer.

    Why is it the only one played at the same course every year?

  11. #38571
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And the azaleas are gorgeous.
    Yes they are. Been in South Carolina last 10 days and it has been peak bloom!

  12. #38572
    So to recap yesterday: Bostondevil is like LeBron and professionally she goes off weekly while I am Tony Delk and you see my name and go: "Tony Delk. He didn't suck. Nice little change of pace point guard. Wait? He had a 50 point game one time?

  13. #38573
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thanks to you and BT. Sitting around watching it yesterday with a couple of golfers and neither really had a good answer.

    Why is it the only one played at the same course every year?
    So basically the Masters started as a tournament before the real concept of majors became a thing. There were just some tournaments more prestigious than others. So it was a tournament played at the same course, just like the Kemper open or the TPC at Sawgrass. It was just the most prestigious one. Here is a good article on the modern concept of majors. Golf is like tennis in that many of these tournaments were open only to amateurs and not professionals. This persisted for a long time so a lot of the past champions of tennis and golf tournaments may not have been among the greatest players of their era. So basically it's a major because people decided it was and it's played at the same course because it always was.

    https://www.golfmonthly.com/tour/us-masters/augusta-blog/why-is-the-masters-a-major-152766

  14. #38574
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thanks to you and BT. Sitting around watching it yesterday with a couple of golfers and neither really had a good answer.

    Why is it the only one played at the same course every year?
    The Augusta National was founded by Bobby Jones and they started an invitational event in 1934. It is an annual invitational event put on by the golf course itself. All the other events on the U.S. calendar, I believe, are sponsored by the PGA.

    The other three majors (U.S. Open, British Open, PGA Championship) have locations chosen by their respective committees and they move them around.

  15. #38575
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Jack Russell Terriers are a pain in the butt when they visit.

  16. #38576
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Jack Russell Terriers are a pain in the butt when they visit.
    I would like you to explain more about this. I'm interested in why so many Jack Russells come to your place. Do you have a Jack Russell terrier haven? I have so many questions right now. Is this federally protected Jack Russell land? Are there feral packs of Jack Russells? Why the hell does a dude named Jack Russell have a terrier named after him? My mind is absolutely swirling right now. I'm a little dizzy. Going to sit down.

  17. #38577
    Aimo is going to read my post and think I'm either asking too many questions about Jack Russells or not enough. But she will definitely think one of those.

  18. #38578
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would like you to explain more about this. I'm interested in why so many Jack Russells come to your place. Do you have a Jack Russell terrier haven? I have so many questions right now. Is this federally protected Jack Russell land? Are there feral packs of Jack Russells? Why the hell does a dude named Jack Russell have a terrier named after him? My mind is absolutely swirling right now. I'm a little dizzy. Going to sit down.
    Reverend Jack Russell first bred them as hunting dogs in the 1800ís, I believe.

  19. #38579
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would like you to explain more about this. I'm interested in why so many Jack Russells come to your place. Do you have a Jack Russell terrier haven? I have so many questions right now. Is this federally protected Jack Russell land? Are there feral packs of Jack Russells? Why the hell does a dude named Jack Russell have a terrier named after him? My mind is absolutely swirling right now. I'm a little dizzy. Going to sit down.
    we have one who visits us with its owner for dinner...the first thing it does each time is jump over and deck railing and disappear for hours, inducing stress in its owner, and hence us. It can stay home next time. My wife even provided it with a perfectly lovely marrow bone, but it still had to bolt...I remember our Exalted Leader Julio telling me all about his Jack Russell Terrorist...now I get it.

  20. #38580
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Reverend Jack Russell first bred them as hunting dogs in the 1800ís, I believe.
    This sounds right and I don't know that I care enough to fact-check. You could have told me anything and I would have just nodded. I cared enough about the Masters to read that entire article and I had no idea the definition of the term major was so recent.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •