Page 1927 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 92714271827187719171925192619271928192919371977202724272927 ... LastLast
Results 38,521 to 38,540 of 67388
    Sorry, but you did ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Sorry, but you did ask.
    It appears to be all one paragraph?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Mr. Faulkner deserves credit for ghost writing this. I have never recounted this story and that may all be one sentence for all I know.

Mr. Faulkner deserves credit for ghost writing this. I have never recounted this story and that may all be one sentence for all I know.
    If you are ever in the KC area, I want to take you out for a beer and dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If you are ever in the KC area, I want to take you out for a beer and dinner.
    I would love that, but I am concerned about this self-loathing you seem to be demonstrating.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh - what's my triple double?

Easy. Although I tend to call it a triple threat. It's when I participate in a short play festival by writing one, directing another one, and acting in a third one.

Banana nut muffins. Need more nuts.
    My bananas don't have nuts. Can't help.

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The one I have right now. Or had.
    Did you manage to enjoy it anyway, or is your whole day ruined?

My triple double would be the time my company got bought out, and I was dealt the hand of designing the plan to merge two completely different systems into a unified whole. This was before cloud services days, so there were physical servers in 20-some offices in 4 countries to change over without disrupting business on either side. In house HR/payroll, accounting, email, files, and some arcane stuff, too.

Then seeing it through - successfully - as my last project as a contract "employee" for them.

-jk

And one post.

These posts by BD and CD need to be broken up into multiple - they're that impactful. Spread the love, and all.

I would love that, but I am concerned about this self-loathing you seem to be demonstrating.
    I thought it was good to acknowledge your flaws and work on them. Was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I thought it was good to acknowledge your flaws and work on them. Was I wrong?
    Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did you manage to enjoy it anyway, or is your whole day ruined?
    I enjoyed a few of them. Unless I get food poisoning, food cannot ruin my day.

I enjoyed a few of them. Unless I get food poisoning, food cannot ruin my day.
    I eat a ton of nuts. Do not like them in desserts at all. This has the potential to spiral out of control like the smooth/crunchy thing. Tread lightly everyone.

Some urinals are intentionally designed to splatter pee back on your shins. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Some urinals are intentionally designed to splatter pee back on your shins. Prove me wrong.
    Impossible to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    My triple double would be the time my company got bought out, and I was dealt the hand of designing the plan to merge two completely different systems into a unified whole. This was before cloud services days, so there were physical servers in 20-some offices in 4 countries to change over without disrupting business on either side. In house HR/payroll, accounting, email, files, and some arcane stuff, too.

Then seeing it through - successfully - as my last project as a contract "employee" for them.

-jk
    Ew. Mergers suck.

Annual remove patio furniture, sweep, leaf blower, hose out, squeegee, blow dry and then air dry the back patio day.

One of the companies I worked for was acquired in '97. Little to no systems integration required. The 6 months as we were waiting for the deal to close were some of the most cushy days of my working career. We were there to make sure it didn't all fall apart. Luckily, it didn't. The manufacturing plant or the deal.

Oven suddenly not working. Ignition on gas stove top not working. Can light with a match. Clock on range clearly pulling electricity.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oven suddenly not working. Ignition on gas stove top not working. Can light with a match. Clock on range clearly pulling electricity.

Any thoughts?
    Don't blow up your house!

-jk