Page 1911 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 91114111811186119011909191019111912191319211961201124112911 ... LastLast
Results 38,201 to 38,220 of 67680
    15 months is a little young to truly grasp Easter egg hunts. Fun time picking up shells at the beach though.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    day 3 of working on the salt stain on the basement carpet...deploying Hints from Heloise.
    Don't you just rent a carpet cleaner and run a ton of water through it?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought this was the carpet you didn't like?
    Yeah, I'm just equivocal about it...it was installed knowing full well that water can appear in basements...There's quite a bit of salt in the carpet since it was the water softener discharging that precipitated the incident.
    It just has a modest but sizeable stain right now, I think I can work on it. Not much else to do in April.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Don't you just rent a carpet cleaner and run a ton of water through it?

-jk
    yeah, that's my fall back position, right now vinegar and water seem to be having a decent effect...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on a 1962 Airstream Bambi 16' Travel Trailer?
    Airstreams are wonderful. That’s the eventual RV dream for me (I’m late responding to this because I’m out in my RV right now).
    How many people are you planning to sleep regularly in this trailer? A Bambi is gonna be quite tight for any more than 2.
    Also wondering what you’re planning to pull with.
    I love talking RVs...excited to see where this might go for you!

Yeah, I'm dumb on this sort of stuff. Specs say 5200 pounds of towing capacity. Trailer is 1800. There is a "tow button" on the dash, which I assume engages extra torque for the trailer. There's a 2" square hitch in the back.

It seems like I'm good to go?
    Tow ratings are notoriously squirrelly to figure out but it sounds like your numbers are good.
    Good rule of thumb is to keep it at half or a little more of your tow rating. Then adding gear won’t cause trouble.
    You also need to think about vehicle payload, especially if you’re looking to buy a small trailer and store a lot of stuff in your tow vehicle. That number is also an important part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Tow ratings are notoriously squirrelly to figure out but it sounds like your numbers are good.
    Good rule of thumb is to keep it at half or a little more of your tow rating. Then adding gear won’t cause trouble.
    You also need to think about vehicle payload, especially if you’re looking to buy a small trailer and store a lot of stuff in your tow vehicle. That number is also an important part of the equation.
    Sadly, it's all for naught at the moment. Scroll up and read my near-scam post. Quite a disappointing day. I feel like a dope.

At Olde Mecklenburg Brewery in Charlotte. It's so good.

Big eating day. Ribs, Mac n cheese, baked beans, deviled eggs, dirt pudding’. Yeesh. Glad I did my push-ups and went for a walk.

Brisket (from sous vide), scalloped potatoes, asparagus, Easter basket

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Big eating day. Ribs, Mac n cheese, baked beans, deviled eggs, dirt pudding’. Yeesh. Glad I did my push-ups and went for a walk.
    I ate roughly 25 ounces of Ribeye and a salad. 500 pushups in 7 sets. Personal best.

Pretty good end in the women's natty. Good D by Stanford on the final possession to push the Arizona guard to take a bad shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Brisket (from sous vide), scalloped potatoes, asparagus, Easter basket
    Now updated and amended: ... Easter basket, Easter basket, Easter basket, and Easter basket

I tried to watch the women's championship game. The winning team had 18 turnovers. I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Now updated and amended: ... Easter basket, Easter basket, Easter basket, and Easter basket
    According to jk, you can only put 'Easter' in front AFTER it's been hidden, otherwise it's just the thing. Did you hide all those baskets? Did you hide your brisket to make it an Easter brisket basket?

I tried to watch the women's championship game. The winning team had 18 turnovers. I tried.
    I watched the entire thing. I thought Arizona's defense kept them in it. Stanford was a much better team but Zona scrapped and stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Pretty good end in the women's natty. Good D by Stanford on the final possession to push the Arizona guard to take a bad shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I watched the entire thing. I thought Arizona's defense kept them in it. Stanford was a much better team but Zona scrapped and stuck around.

I only watched the last few minutes. Neither executed well at the end offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I only watched the last few minutes. Neither executed well at the end offensively.
    No. I think defenses had a lot to do with that.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    There are women's sports that I love to watch - tennis, hockey, track & field - basketball is not one of them. I'm glad that there are women's basketball teams/leagues/competitions but I do not feel the need to be a fan.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I find all soccer boring but I will make myself watch World Cup Finals, both the women and the men.