Page 1905 of 2287 FirstFirst ... 905140518051855189519031904190519061907191519552005 ... LastLast
Results 38,081 to 38,100 of 45732
  1. #38081
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Attachment 12873

    Well, that didn't work as expected.
    C'mon - you have spring all winter! Well, except the week you had winter.

    -jk

  2. #38082
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    1. Genius.
    2. If Aimo slugs me she doesn't care about my feelings.
    Missed this yesterday. How can you say I don't care about your feelings? Didn't I apologize after calling you squatty?

  3. #38083
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Missed this yesterday. How can you say I don't care about your feelings? Didn't I apologize after calling you squatty?
    We all felt it was tepid.

  4. #38084
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    We all felt it was tepid.
    I don't know how to type any warmer.

  5. #38085
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I don't know how to type any warmer.
    I'm aware.

  6. #38086
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I don't know how to type any warmer.
    Have you tried wearing gloves?

  7. #38087
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Have you tried wearing gloves?
    Nice callback!

  8. #38088
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    ...when check-in starts at 1 and you roll in at 1:02.

  9. #38089
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Have you tried wearing gloves?
    Fhygih virggijbss sjwi49um(()jvs

    Doesn't work.

  10. #38090
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ...when check-in starts at 1 and you roll in at 1:02.
    Eager are we?

  11. #38091
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm aware.
    But I can bake a cherry pie. And I make a mean salsa!

  12. #38092
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    C'mon - you have spring all winter! Well, except the week you had winter.

    -jk
    I enjoy our winter/spring except when the cedar pollen gets overwhelming. Similarly, during spring/spring we are inundated with long tendrils of oak pollen that I sweep off the driveway. Long story short, like many, I complain about the weather no matter what it is.

  13. #38093
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    And I make a mean salsa!
    Aimo's Angry Salsa?

  14. #38094
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Fhygih virggijbss sjwi49um(()jvs

    Doesn't work.
    So this was genius.

  15. #38095
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Aimo's Angry Salsa?
    I may have to copyright that.

  16. #38096
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Good job, Bundabergdevil Son!

    Kids are great to have around - even if it is at a distance.
    Thanks! A good time was had by all. The residents have all been vaccinated but there are still limits on guests, including no children. Great grandma was pleased, at least in part because she could show him off to all her friends and staff. They are all (understandably) bored out of their minds.

  17. #38097
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Blood Oranges story

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Somebody brought up the Blood Oranges in the Covid vaccine thread. I was good friends with the original guitarist back in the late '80s. We worked, not exactly together, but in the same building and we used to meet up for lunch all the time. I went to hear the band a lot back in the day. He wasn't with the band anymore (married with kids) by the time they started releasing EPs/albums, but Shady Grove was a staple of their earlier gigs. It remains my favorite recording of that song.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUCsRvfFFLo
    Wow! Now that's a small world.

    Here's a funny Blood Oranges story. I have a friend here in the DC area named Mary Battiata who is a singer-songwriter (and also an elementary school teacher and before that a journal for the Washington Post covering, among other things, the murder of Dian Fossey, the war in Bosnia, and the revolution in Romania). A few years ago, we discovered that we each were very fond of the CD Northeast Kingdom, by Cheri Knight, the bass player for the Blood Oranges. In fact, Mary said that Northeast Kingdom was a big influence on her before she made her first CD, Cul-De-Sac Cowgirl.

    In the Before Times, probably 2019, I was rummaging through the bins at a local used CD store and came across Cheri Knight's first CD, The Knitter, and also the Crying Tree, by the Blood Oranges. I listened to them for a while and thought they were awfully good. Sadly, the CDs are out-of-print and you can't download or stream the music, as far as I know. Later that year, Mary was playing at an outdoor festival in Takoma Park, Maryland, pretty near my house. My wife and I and some friends went. I brought along the two CDs, because I thought Mary would like to hear them. Before her set, I took them over to Mary, who looked at the Crying Tree and said "people used to tell me my music sounded like the Blood Oranges, but I've never heard their music."

  18. #38098
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    ^ Northeast Kingdom, eh? I know what that's about...

  19. #38099
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ^ Northeast Kingdom, eh? I know what that's about...
    In fact, I was visiting friends in Greensboro VT and sent my friend Mary a picture of something in the Northeast Kingdom, which is what led to the conversation about Cheri Knight's CD. I have no idea why the CD is called Northeast Kingdom, however. From what I've been able to tell, Cheri Knight didn't even live in Vermont.

  20. #38100
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    In fact, I was visiting friends in Greensboro VT and sent my friend Mary a picture of something in the Northeast Kingdom, which is what led to the conversation about Cheri Knight's CD. I have no idea why the CD is called Northeast Kingdom, however. From what I've been able to tell, Cheri Knight didn't even live in Vermont.
    No, but I think she used to live in NoHo, Mass., and that's but a hop skip and jump away...the kind of territory where people might know about the Northeast Kingdom..

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •