Page 19 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129691195191019 ... LastLast

Cake Pans

Best gift this year - two 9" cake pans with bottoms that lift out. There is a ridge on the bottom so better doesn't come out.

Don't laugh, I claimed my mother's pans like this when she passed away because I couldn't find any like them in the stores. She got hers as a wedding gift in the 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay, new thought...best Christmas present you got this year?

Planet Earth on HD DVD(sister) or a new watch(parents)...not sure which yet.
    Here's what I got:

and:

Yippie.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Southeastern CA is more or less like western AZ and many parts of Southern Nevada.

PS Feels like we are running out of steam...
    Hey, there have been 360+ posts in 5 days, including Christmas! I'm not concerned.

Dogs or cats?

Best present

It's toss up for me as well.

80 GB ipod (from Dad) - how in the heck am I going to fill 80 GBs, I'm sure BillyBreen can/will tell me.

Cal Ripken pillow his wife designed and sold on QVC prior to Cal going into the HOF (from Mom)

Spending my 7th Christmas in a row with my parents - priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Dogs or cats?
    Cats!

Party on New Year's or just another night and go to bed at decent hour?

Up until 6 weeks ago, dogs. Then I adopted two little kittens. (See my avatar) Now, either. (Okay, maybe its me running out of steam!)

Just another night and go to bed at decent hour...

Paper or plastic?

Paper

Manual or Automatic transmission?

Depends upon the driving situation. I like a manual transmission and it is much more fun, But if you have to slog through bumper to bumper traffic the mindlessness of an automatic is useful.

Dogs
    Paper
    Manual

Best Christmas present was a dog. Unfortunately, we could not keep her.

The popcorn from the big tin: do you eat the caramel popcorn or the cheese popcorn?

(Definitely cheese)

Caramel, cheese and the plain/butter flavoring. If you want some popcorn, don't leave the tin in plain sight when I am around. Yes, I will use it as a substitute for a meal.

Sorry about the dog...

And yes I have the day off

Am being a PW as no one has posted in about 45 minutes. Plus, I'm at work and a little bored.

Snow skiing or water skiing?

For the knitters out there, that means you BostonDevil

Metal needles or bamboo needles?

I'm beginning to really prefer bamboo as they are never cold.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Am being a PW as no one has posted in about 45 minutes. Plus, I'm at work and a little bored.

Snow skiing or water skiing?
    Water. Nicer falls.

This is an easy one - snow in the winter, water in the summer.
    Have cake, will eat it too...
    But if pressed, then I would have to say snow.

Best gift

The iPhone I got for my wife. Posting this from it now. She's never gonna get it back from me.

Cool What to do w/80GB?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    It's toss up for me as well.

80 GB ipod (from Dad) - how in the heck am I going to fill 80 GBs, I'm sure BillyBreen can/will tell me.
    How many movies do you want to download? How many photos do you want to store?

DukeUsul: Yeah ... I just bought a car adaptor for my iTouch. ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS for my trip back down to Atlanta. Just be very careful w/the iPhone in the car (see BillyBreen's other thread on the OTB ... truly sad news B'Breen).

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I used my iPod a lot for videos when I moved from NC to my current location. I haven't used it much since, unless I've been travelling and missed an epsiode of a show I would normally watch. I paid for the episode even though it was sitting on my DVR.

I post, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

DukeUsul: Yeah ... I just bought a car adaptor for my iTouch. ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS for my trip back down to Atlanta. Just be very careful w/the iPhone in the car (see BillyBreen's other thread on the OTB ... truly sad news B'Breen).

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Yeah that's royally awful for BillyBreen. I'm pretty anal about keeping anything of any worth in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I did a little (very little) research about the movies and audio books (is that an oxymoron). It would be cheaper for me to buy the movie/book than purchase it for my ipod. Plus the screen is so small for viewing (wait don't reply yet ). BUT, if I were a traveler like, say BillyBreen, then I could see why downloading a movie/book to my ipod would be beneficial. Or if I had a laptop and could watch the movie from that, again I could see the benefit. So I'll just have to download music and pictures. Yea, I know boo hoo.

Hey, if everyone at DBR sent me their picture I could put it on my ipod. And still have room for a few CD's.

Disclaimer: I don't mean to pick on BillyBreen. He is a HUGE Apple fan, and he does do quite a bit of traveling. Perhaps a bit of jealousy on my part. I'm sorry Billy's ipod was stolen. Billy, Billy, don't lose your ipod. I'm feeling EarlJam deprived. Anyone else suffering with me?