Page 1899 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 8991399179918491889189718981899190019011909194919992399 ... LastLast
Results 37,961 to 37,980 of 49219
  1. #37961
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Dry

    But fried eggs over easy. I'm ok with the runny yolk but not with wet scrambled eggs.
    I like a runny egg or two over crispy corned beef hash, yes I do...let that yellow goodness flow

  2. #37962
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I like a runny egg or two over crispy corned beef hash, yes I do...let that yellow goodness flow
    I like my eggs runny too. I prefer my scrambled eggs pretty moist too, but rarely actually have them that way because nobody else likes it.

  3. #37963
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    when neighbors give us eggs, we notice how much yellower the yolks are vs the store bought variety...glaring difference...

  4. #37964
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    The projects are graded, the children have left for math, and it's sunny, breezy and quiet in my classroom, where my couches have even returned in one more incremental step back toward normalcy.
    Slowly eeeeeasing into that island state of mind. This time tomorrow, I'll be pointed southward, and holy moly, I can't wait.

  5. #37965
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    On one of the pre-pandemic visits to Burlington, I took Paddies out for brunch at a diner (we love eating at diners). He ordered a breakfast combo plate that came with scrambled eggs and pancakes. When I asked him how he liked his food he replied that it was good but the eggs were nowhere near as good as the ones I make.

    Those are the moments that make parenting worthwhile.

  6. #37966
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    On one of the pre-pandemic visits to Burlington, I took Paddies out for brunch at a diner (we love eating at diners). He ordered a breakfast combo plate that came with scrambled eggs and pancakes. When I asked him how he liked his food he replied that it was good but the eggs were nowhere near as good as the ones I make.

    Those are the moments that make parenting worthwhile.
    Smart lad! We still have some nice diners around (Henry's), just haven't been in any for a year, hope they still exist.

  7. #37967
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Smart lad! We still have some nice diners around (Henry's), just haven't been in any for a year, hope they still exist.
    We love Henry's! We were at another diner when Paddies told me my eggs were better.

    I decided at one point, probably 20 years ago, that I wanted to master scrambled eggs and I worked at it until they became something easy for me to make AND something that I rarely mess up. Mission accomplished. Wilson might even like my eggs because they are fluffy and I take them off the heat just before they are "done" so they retain a lot of fluffiness without being dry. I wouldn't say runny, but definitely still moist.

  8. #37968
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We love Henry's! We were at another diner when Paddies told me my eggs were better.

    I decided at one point, probably 20 years ago, that I wanted to master scrambled eggs and I worked at it until they became something easy for me to make AND something that I rarely mess up. Mission accomplished. Wilson might even like my eggs because they are fluffy and I take them off the heat just before they are "done" so they retain a lot of fluffiness without being dry. I wouldn't say runny, but definitely still moist.
    I’m a big curdle guy, but most “professional” chefs I’ve seen try for small ones. Their loss.

    Gordon Ramsey does a scrambled egg tutorial at the end of his “Hot Ones” episode which is epic if not curse-filled.

  9. #37969
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Gordon Ramsey does a scrambled egg tutorial at the end of his “Hot Ones” episode which is epic if not curse-filled.
    Who is he?

  10. #37970
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    So my brother emailed me earlier telling me he met Crazy Towel Guy at the grocery store this morning. Sent me a selfie. I'm not sure, but it looks like he was wearing his towel over his shoulder even in the store. Turns out he graduated from Duke with our dad in '63.

  11. #37971
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    So my brother emailed me earlier telling me he met Crazy Towel Guy at the grocery store this morning. Sent me a selfie. I'm not sure, but it looks like he was wearing his towel over his shoulder even in the store. Turns out he graduated from Duke with our dad in '63.
    How fun!!!! My kids love when we go to the game and he stands up and starts waving that towel.

  12. #37972
    Almost at 38k posts.

  13. #37973
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Almost at 38k posts.
    We’ll get er done tonight.

  14. #37974
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We’ll get er done tonight.
    That's the spirit!

  15. #37975
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    I'm obviously not a UNC fan but I always hate to see good villains go. I (still) miss Gary Williams for the same reasons. Especially now that players don't last long enough to become these larger than life villains, the coaches - and their eccentricities - is one of the things that still makes the game fun.

  16. #37976
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I'm obviously not a UNC fan but I always hate to see good villains go. I (still) miss Gary Williams for the same reasons. Especially now that players don't last long enough to become these larger than life villains, the coaches - and their eccentricities - is one of the things that still makes the game fun.
    Sweat Gary! Sweat!

  17. #37977
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Sweat Gary! Sweat!
    I was at some of those games. He really did. All the way through his coat. I'm a sweater so I empathize but not enough not to chant.

  18. #37978
    I like my scra,bled eggs drive but like my Ramen with egg wet.

  19. #37979
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I'm obviously not a UNC fan but I always hate to see good villains go. I (still) miss Gary Williams for the same reasons. Especially now that players don't last long enough to become these larger than life villains, the coaches - and their eccentricities - is one of the things that still makes the game fun.
    Lot of people leaving today.

  20. #37980
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Lot of people leaving today.
    I was a resident of DJ Steward Island too. I thought he was going to be amazing as a sophomore or junior.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •