Page 1887 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 88713871787183718771885188618871888188918971937198723872887 ... LastLast
Results 37,721 to 37,740 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Husband and wife had a routine of swilling hard liquor on the way home every night from the business they own. As a result, a door barn was left open, gate door to pool was left open, plunk goes the horse. Toxicology results on the horse were inconclusive. There have numerous other "miscues" including lots of falls off horses, tractors, vehicles marooned in ditches, it's almost like a circus act...but no clowns, at least not of the painted face/scary variety...
    How do you know they drink on the way home, out of curiosity? Wouldn't think that was info they willingly share. It is pretty amazing how quickly social (and legal, obvi) standards change. My wife remembers her dad drinking beer during long road trips in 80s. My grandfather used to own a newspaper business in a small town and all my aunts/uncles remember him driving out in the country to deliver the papers and regularly taking a roadie with him.

In some parts of the country, I don't think that would be all that out of the ordinary still.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How do you know they drink on the way home, out of curiosity? Wouldn't think that was info they willingly share. It is pretty amazing how quickly social (and legal, obvi) standards change. My wife remembers her dad drinking beer during long road trips in 80s. My grandfather used to own a newspaper business in a small town and all my aunts/uncles remember him driving out in the country to deliver the papers and regularly taking a roadie with him.

In some parts of the country, I don't think that would be all that out of the ordinary still.
    I have a good friend who will sometimes indulge in a "road beer," though it sounds like insanity to me.

They talked openly about it, and from our deck we can see them pop out of the car with their travel mugs...they'd invite us to their pool, and they were well lubricated upon arrival.

I will admit to this: until the late 1970s or so, it was perfectly legal to drink and drive in Vermont, as long as you didn't exceed the blood alcohol limit. For a period of time, I worked in Stowe and had an incredibly nice commute thru Smuggler's Notch each evening, and I'd stop at the Edelweiss store (what else do you think they'd call it?) and nab two dark Heinekens for the journey (never more than that). It was nice.

What did it get angry about?
    Tell that tea to chill! Tell that tea be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Just don't call them crawdads in Lafayette, or you're going to get some funny looks!

Funny enough, my mom grew up in Jennings, LA - not far away. We would always go down and visit family 2-3 times a year.

My Dad's family is spread across New Orleans/Hammond/Amite area.

Have some boudin while you're in SW LA!
    Nice! Yeah I get to Hammond and New Orleans 3 or 4 times a year.

What did it get angry about?
    Not enough sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I have a good friend who will sometimes indulge in a "road beer," though it sounds like insanity to me.
    They talked openly about it, and from our deck we can see them pop out of the car with their travel mugs...they'd invite us to their pool, and they were well lubricated upon arrival.

I will admit to this: until the late 1970s or so, it was perfectly legal to drink and drive in Vermont, as long as you didn't exceed the blood alcohol limit. For a period of time, I worked in Stowe and had an incredibly nice commute thru Smuggler's Notch each evening, and I'd stop at the Edelweiss store (what else do you think they'd call it?) and nab two dark Heinekens for the journey (never more than that). It was nice.

Hah. Like I said, it's probably more common than we might think. Step-brother used to do it with his buddy on the way to band practice. They were in an adult rock band with all dentists. Called themselves The Analgesics or something like that. So, yeah, they knew how to party.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not enough sugar.
    Understandable thing for sweet tea to get angry about.

So, yeah, they knew how to party.
    Did they at least have good teeth?

Not enough sugar.
    Understandable thing for sweet tea to get angry about.
    Bitter, even.

-jk

There’s a Sherwood Forest neighborhood in Atlanta too.

As Bill Rafferty has pointed out, when K was first hired even he couldn't pronounce Krzyzewski...
    Ironically, you meant Bill Raftery.

perhaps I find a mystery solved: always wondered about the sugar level of NC sweet tea, could dentists be behind this?

Did they at least have good teeth?
    Yes. My step-brother sleeps with all the things in his mouth, has all the pastes and washes and whiteners, etc. His teeth sparkle like in the movies.

perhaps I find a mystery solved: always wondered about the sugar level of NC sweet tea, could dentists be behind this?
    They are well-compensated people. Wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Ironically, you meant Bill Raftery.
    him!

him!
    Onions!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    There’s a Sherwood Forest neighborhood in Atlanta too.
    And one in Shawnee, KS.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And one in Shawnee, KS.
    Seems there are many Robin Hood hoods.

My dog hates getting his nails clipped.

I don't live in a Robin Hood neighborhood.

No further comment.