Page 1879 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 87913791779182918691877187818791880188118891929197923792879 ... LastLast
Results 37,561 to 37,580 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I am beginning to think I could pick ClemmonsDevil out of a crowd.
    Short, bald, stocky, big nose.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I especially liked thunderstorms when I was in the Navy and out at sea. One of my radar spaces (7 decks above the water line) had an overhang at the entrance hatch. It made for great viewing. If the storm got too severe, I could merely step inside and close the hatch. Fortunately, I never got seasick, as the waves tended to increase during storms. (My ship survived 1 hurricane and 2 tropical storms.)
    Very cool and whoa on the hurricane. Heck of an experience I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Short, bald, stocky, big nose.
    Except for the nose and the fact that you are from NC, I would think you were a former co-worker. He kept trying to fix me up with his brother. And this was right after telling me a story about his brother that involved digging at his rear end in public and an underwear "issue". So I asked him, "your brother is shorter, fatter, balder, and less refined than you - and you want me to go out with him?" He enthusiastically nodded yes. Didn't happen. The underwear story was the clincher.

Except for the nose and the fact that you are from NC, I would think you were a former co-worker. He kept trying to fix me up with his brother. And this was right after telling me a story about his brother that involved digging at his rear end in public and an underwear "issue". So I asked him, "your brother is shorter, fatter, balder, and less refined than you - and you want me to go out with him?" He enthusiastically nodded yes. Didn't happen. The underwear story was the clincher.
    So my brother is 6'3", skinny and no evidence of prior broken noses. Handsome too. I hate that guy.

and no evidence of prior broken noses..
    So, you've been punched in the nose before? Pink boxing gloves involved?

I love storms. Probably because the family used to watch them together. The lightning would outline all the leaves in the trees and, when it was over, you could stand along the curb with the water rushing down the street.

I was always TERRIFIED of storms when I was little. As in screaming and crying and hiding until they were over. Now, I would say I respect their power. I still get a little unnerved sometimes.

So, you've been punched in the nose before? Pink boxing gloves involved?
    I broke my nose 3 times playing basketball. 8th grade, JV, and varsity. I'm elbow height for post players.

I was always TERRIFIED of storms when I was little. As in screaming and crying and hiding until they were over. Now, I would say I respect their power. I still get a little unnerved sometimes.
    Same here. Tornadoes are utterly terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Whoa! Ain't nobody say nothing supportive of tornadoes. This seems like a breach of weather discussion etiquette.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The Drewsk loves storms.

Growing up in the hills we would hear them before we would see them, especially if I was out fishing with my buddies in the creek nearby.
    Some of my very best celebrations of meat have been at Gibson's in Chicago...they actually have their own USDA Prime designation...

Meanwhile, Fancy Weather Radio just went off, official NWS Thunderstorm Watch, woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Some of my very best celebrations of meat
    We REALLY need to hang out.

We REALLY need to hang out.
    drop by when the glacier fully recedes in May, meat and alcohol on the deck!

drop by when the glacier fully recedes in May, meat and alcohol on the deck!
    Is the invitation open to all? I've never been to Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is the invitation open to all? I've never been to Vermont.
    we would welcome you with open arms and fired up grills! You could do a lot worse than a summer visit to Vermont...temperate, lots of marvelous scenery, and a dining scene that is poised to rebound...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yeah, I was talking plain old thunderstorms. Tornados are a whole different ballgame. Still terrified of them along with hurricanes that can bring down one of my giant trees. We dodged a bullet last weekend and I hope to dodge another this Sunday. We are in a #2 risk so far. I have very little faith in weather forecasting anymore. I stick with what the Dopplar is showing at the time.

Yeah, I was talking plain old thunderstorms. Tornados are a whole different ballgame. Still terrified of them along with hurricanes that can bring down one of my giant trees. We dodged a bullet last weekend and I hope to dodge another this Sunday. We are in a #2 risk so far. I have very little faith in weather forecasting anymore. I stick with what the Dopplar is showing at the time.
    Well, I mentioned tornadoes because they so frequently grow out of the powerful thunderstorms people were discussing. I like thunderstorms too, but I always carry the back-of-mind fear that a twister is coming next.

we would welcome you with open arms and fired up grills! You could do a lot worse than a summer visit to Vermont...temperate, lots of marvelous scenery, and a dining scene that is poised to rebound...
    These things are all true! I can vouch.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Paddies will graduate from UVM in May. Not that I can't go visit Vermont even when my kid isn't in Burlington, but having that reason to make the trip multiple times a year has been one of the things I've liked best about UVM. Maybe Arrow will go to UVM.