Page 1874 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 87413741774182418641872187318741875187618841924197423742874 ... LastLast
Results 37,461 to 37,480 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    SonPK is a HS junior too. Condolences. He would rather be dating and hanging out with friends than staying home. But he gets his first shot Saturday so better days are coming. Hope the same is true with your son.
    I hope so. I'm not a worrier. I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I hope so. I'm not a worrier. I'm worried.
    That means you’re a good parent. But it’ll be fine. Growing is a process, and dealing with adversity is part of the process. Fits and starts, sometimes with setbacks. But everyone runs their own race.

Parenting, as best I can tell, is all about laying a good foundation then praying like hell that they come out the other side well. There is only so much you can control.

Have peace, have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That means you’re a good parent. But it’ll be fine. Growing is a process, and dealing with adversity is part of the process. Fits and starts, sometimes with setbacks. But everyone runs their own race.

Parenting, as best I can tell, is all about laying a good foundation then praying like hell that they come out the other side well. There is only so much you can control.

Have peace, have faith.
    Thanks and yes.

Spring is so great. I feel strongly that we should have one of these every year.

We are headed into early summer shortly, 85+ temps in the next couple of days. We’ve had heavy thunderstorms and hail the last couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We are headed into early summer shortly, 85+ temps in the next couple of days. We’ve had heavy thunderstorms and hail the last couple of days.
    Summer is my favorite

Summer is my favorite
    I prefer the two weeks of spring we get sans hail storms.

There’s something nice about all the seasons. Least favorite weather is cold rain. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    There’s something nice about all the seasons. Least favorite weather is cold rain. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
    It's the worst. NW NC is the cold rain belt. We get a ton of 33-38 and rainy weather in the winter. Those are the worst.

Oh. I just left the dentist's office and the hygienist is a girl I had a May/December crush on in high school (she was a SMOKING HOT senior and I was a freshman). She was also my mom's favorite student...I was lucky enough to have both parents teach at my high school. So she came over to the house pretty frequently and was always around (which I fully supported). In front of the dentist today I came up with some brilliance: "So when you were 17 and I was 14 did you ever look at me and say 'I'm gonna stick my fingers in that boy's mouth someday.' "?

Oh. I just left the dentist's office and the hygienist is a girl I had a May/December crush on in high school (she was a SMOKING HOT senior and I was a freshman). She was also my mom's favorite student...I was lucky enough to have both parents teach at my high school. So she came over to the house pretty frequently and was always around (which I fully supported). In front of the dentist today I came up with some brilliance: "So when you were 17 and I was 14 did you ever look at me and say 'I'm gonna stick my fingers in that boy's mouth someday.' "?
    Man, I hope she laughed. I have a dental assistant story. Guy made a very inappropriate joke mid-cleaning. I did not appreciate it and I can’t share what was said here. Last time at that dentist.

Man, I hope she laughed. I have a dental assistant story. Guy made a very inappropriate joke mid-cleaning. I did not appreciate it and I can’t share what was said here. Last time at that dentist.
    Are you an anti-Dentite?

And you wonder why people want to punch you?

She laughed and called me crazy. I get that a lot. The dentist said: "You were 14. She had no idea who you were". Until we got to the end of your post I had assumed you were a dental assistant. I didn't see the end of your story coming. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    And you wonder why people want to punch you?
    I never wonder that. I'm always aware and think it's a reasonable response.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Are you an anti-Dentite?
    Hah. No! My step brother is a dentist. Not so funny story there. The orthodontist that he recommended his patients to walked into one of the “to catch a predator “ houses. He found out while he was watching the show.

Hah. No! My step brother is a dentist. Not so funny story there. The orthodontist that he recommended his patients to walked into one of the “to catch a predator “ houses. He found out while he was watching the show.
    Oh no!!!!!! If Chris Hanson is in the room when you walk in you have made a litany of poor choices culminating in that moment.

Yeesh!

Oh no!!!!!! If Chris Hanson is in the room when you walk in you have made a litany of poor choices culminating in that moment.
    Yeah. The orthodontist actually owned the practice with his wife. It was a whole thing as you can imagine. Step brother felt sick to his stomach also as you can imagine.

Yeah. The orthodontist actually owned the practice with his wife. It was a whole thing as you can imagine. Step brother felt sick to his stomach also as you can imagine.
    I could see how that could impact a marriage.