Page 1873 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 87313731773182318631871187218731874187518831923197323732873 ... LastLast
Results 37,441 to 37,460 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where's weezie?
    Stepped out for a wissie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where's weezie?
    You know what's funny? She was the person on the basketball threads whose comments I liked the most. So I like when she posts over here because I have followed her post for a decade.

Watching the admissions scandal documentary. I had a side gig for one of the “elite” prep companies for a bit doing GMAT, GRE, and SAT. We were just a cut below the main dude in the documentary in a lot of ways. The best of the best tutors used to fly all over the world to work with the scions of wealthy families for booku dollars.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Watching the admissions scandal documentary. I had a side gig for one of the “elite” prep companies for a bit doing GMAT, GRE, and SAT. We were just a cut below the main dude in the documentary in a lot of ways. The best of the best tutors used to fly all over the world to work with the scions of wealthy families for booku dollars.
    I can't bring myself to watch that. The Drewsk got into Duke (and deserved his admission), but mostly, I refused to play the college admissions game (my kids refused too) and I feel like they suffered for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I can't bring myself to watch that. The Drewsk got into Duke (and deserved his admission), but mostly, I refused to play the college admissions game (my kids refused too) and I feel like they suffered for it.
    My daughter got into UNC, Alabama, American and Auburn. She didn't get into Emory which was her numver 1 choice. She chose Alabama which is way less than in-state NC schools because she had a great ACT score.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It's about what you'd expect. My parents really didn't have any clue how to play they game even if they'd wanted to on my behalf. You'll like this --- one of my Duke essays was about playing Tartuffe in high school and included the phrase, "...with hips thrust forward...".

It's about what you'd expect. My parents really didn't have any clue how to play they game even if they'd wanted to on my behalf. You'll like this --- one of my Duke essays was about playing Tartuffe in high school and included the phrase, "...with hips thrust forward...".
    As long as it didn't end with "...and you shake it all about." I assume you were good.

What got me about the whole thing was the number of extremely wealthy lawyers involved that at one point said something like, "...now, I'm a lawyer, and this doesn't sound legit.." and then paid half a million to photoshop their kid's head on a water polo player's body anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    As long as it didn't end with "...and you shake it all about." I assume you were good.
    Nah, it ended with "...I approached the turkey."

Nah, it ended with "...I approached the turkey."
    Ymo urged me to turn the other jowl.

Ymo urged me to turn the other jowl.
    Really? I thought he would have something like, "have you tried mowing it?"

Really? I thought he would have something like, "have you tried mowing it?"
    Reel or rotary?

My daughter got into UNC, Alabama, American and Auburn. She didn't get into Emory which was her numver 1 choice. She chose Alabama which is way less than in-state NC schools because she had a great ACT score.
    Roll Tide Roll. Love that campus, and very pleased that DaughterPK is very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Reel or rotary?
    Lastec WZ1000

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Roll Tide Roll. Love that campus, and very pleased that DaughterPK is very pleased.
    I feel the same. My daughter loves it.

I feel the same. My daughter loves it.
    Freshman, right?

Freshman, right?
    Yep. Daughter PK?

Yep. Daughter PK?
    Junior. Loves it. Lived in Riverside North (IIRC) Freshman year. Had a blast, thankfully did well. Joined a sorority, but inactive now because well they can’t do anything except pay dues.

COVID is tough on all students, especially freshmen and seniors it seems to me. But we’re getting there. It all gets better.

Junior. Loves it. Lived in Riverside North (IIRC) Freshman year. Had a blast, thankfully did well.

COVID is tough on all students, especially freshmen and seniors it seems to me. But we’re getting there. It all gets better.
    Yes. This is hard on kids. My high school junior has not adjusted well. This has been so hard on him.

Yes. This is hard on kids. My high school junior has not adjusted well. This has been so hard on him.
    SonPK is a HS junior too. Condolences. He would rather be dating and hanging out with friends than staying home. But he gets his first shot Saturday so better days are coming. Hope the same is true with your son.