Page 1866 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 86613661766181618561864186518661867186818761916196623662866 ... LastLast
Results 37,301 to 37,320 of 67681
    Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Just don't chortle.
    I'm home but manning our emergency Hotline. So I have to pretend to act appropriately today.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Who will play you in the movie?

More importantly, who will play Aimo?
    Clemmons will be played by Robert Downy, Jr. (likeable but also punchable)

Aimo will be played by either Julia Roberts or Hilary Swank.

Chortle the tortle?

It's official! I'm a consultant. Got my first project approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

a reasonable choice, though I'd also like to nominate Billy Bob Thornton who I think may naturally carry the Clemmons vibe, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Whatcha consulting on?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Whatcha consulting on?
    New business opening up. Very similar to the one I owned and operated for about ten years. Directly in my wheelhouse.

I spent days obsessing over what to pitch them for a fee schedule. I didn't want to scare them off,but wanted it to be worth my time. Feeling pretty excellent at the moment.

New business opening up. Very similar to the one I owned and operated for about ten years. Directly in my wheelhouse.

I spent days obsessing over what to pitch them for a fee schedule. I didn't want to scare them off,but wanted it to be worth my time. Feeling pretty excellent at the moment.
    congrats, I'd start off with a three martini lunch on their dime, of course!

Congrats! I’ve done a few independent consulting gigs. I had no idea how to price the first one and think I could have gotten much more —- and I charged what I thought of as a lot for that age. It can be quite lucrative. Intermittent but lucrative. Just don’t forget back end taxes!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

It is pretty intimidating that Aimo is one of those 2. Is young Julie Andrews booked? And I think you just went with how Obama described Hillary Clinton. I'm likeable...enough.

Almost lunchtime. Heck yea!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It is pretty intimidating that Aimo is one of those 2. Is young Julie Andrews booked? And I think you just went with how Obama described Hillary Clinton. I'm likeable...enough.
    If I had to choose between those two, I would go with Julia Roberts. She is a little less scary. I think you pictured Hilary Swank b/c of my pink boxing gloves. I was afraid someone would say some MMA fighter, and that would be SO not accurate. I am tall like Julia, but sadly nowhere near her skinnyness.

I like the Robert Downey, Jr choice. He is punchable. If you really wanted me to get violent, pick someone like Geno Auriemma.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    If I had to choose between those two, I would go with Julia Roberts. She is a little less scary. I think you pictured Hilary Swank b/c of my pink boxing gloves. I was afraid someone would say some MMA fighter, and that would be SO not accurate. I am tall like Julia, but sadly nowhere near her skinnyness.

I like the Robert Downey, Jr choice. He is punchable. If you really wanted me to get violent, pick someone like Geno Auriemma.
    I don't find him to be very likeable either. And I can't grow fantastic facial hair like Robert Downey Jr. I can't grow a beard and the goatee is white when I grow it out.

Attempts to resuscitate my lawn mower this year were successful. Inaugural mowing was also smooth.
    After having had to rebuild a lawn mower carburetor or two, I finally switched to premium unleaded for the lawn mower. And emptying out the fuel before the start of winter. Ultimately, I ended up going electric/battery operated when the local utility offered an incentive to do so.

I don't find him to be very likeable either. And I can't grow fantastic facial hair like Robert Downey Jr. I can't grow a beard and the goatee is white when I grow it out.
    There are solutions for this:

m10_box_hero_shadow_1.jpg

Congrats on the consulting gig! A mowed lawn and a new gig, times are not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    There are solutions for this:

m10_box_hero_shadow_1.jpg
    It would not help with the lack of good hair growth for the beard. I don't care enough to dye the goatee.

It would not help with the lack of good hair growth for the beard. I don't care enough to dye the goatee.
    Bah. Embrace the grey. My beard started greying at about 28. I decided it looked distinguished and haven't looked back.