Page 1860 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 86013601760181018501858185918601861186218701910196023602860 ... LastLast
Results 37,181 to 37,200 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    There was a New Yorker article a few years ago concerning the Leaf Blower Wars in upscale California neighborhoods...everyone has gardeners who come frequently, so everyone has virtually non stop leaf blower noise at their multi million homes.
    Vicious battles fought over town statutes...me, I really dislike unnecessary noise pollution...
    It's hard for me to Fathom getting that upset about something that isn't meat related. On at least a moderately related note, I Used to mow with no shirt on when I was still doing the work. One of our new neighbors when we moved in asked if I was the gardener because the yard needed lots of attention. It was basically dirt at the time. I replied that I was and then she hesitated and asked where I got all the tattoos and I replied "Prison" and cranked up the lawn mower. My family still gets a kick out of that one.

Started to hear the peepers and wood frogs lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It's hard for me to Fathom getting that upset about something that isn't meat related. On at least a moderately related note, I Used to mow with no shirt on when I was still doing the work. One of our new neighbors when we moved in asked if I was the gardener because the yard needed lots of attention. It was basically dirt at the time. I replied that I was and then she hesitated and asked where I got all the tattoos and I replied "Prison" and cranked up the lawn mower. My family still gets a kick out of that one.
    Still can't spork you. Always good when you instill fear in your neighbors.

Because he likes pickup trucks?
    Ones of a very putrid shade of blue.

That’s pretty funny. I think you might be exaggerating just how big the fish you caught was but I still approve!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Started to hear the peepers and wood frogs lately.
    i think i heard some migrating geese this morning, but no visual confirmation...it's 20+ degrees above normal here (sunny, 65)

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s pretty funny. I think you might be exaggerating just how big the fish you caught was but I still approve!
    It's reasonable for you to feel this way. Talking to doctors over the years I have learned to know when to turn my crazy on and off. Most of the time it's on simmer. I'm almost never moved to anger, the things that come out of my mouth are calculated. In that situation I felt that lady was taking advantage of her advanced age and assumed no one in our neighborhood, especially someone she perceived to be a worker, would speak to her that way. She went by the wrong neighbor's house. I'm not the kind of crazy that gets locked up for the night in jail, but I am the kind of crazy that gets you locked up for a night in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I do also. I like a quiet house. Even the refrigerator is too loud at times.
    Don't even get me started about the ice maker.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    We recently got a countertop ice maker that's really nice both at home and while we're traveling in the RV. But holy moly, that thing is loud.

I use the leaf blower to clean off my electric lawn mower. Which they advise to not clean with water. I also use it to clean the sidewalks after I've swept and put all the loose debris in my trash can.
    In addition to using my leaf blower for its intended purpose, I also use it about twice a year to blow french fries out from underneath my car seats. I put a sheet out on the opposite side from which I'm blowing in order to catch the fries. McDonalds and Burger King fries are still edible. Bojangles fries are not.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    we killed our icemaker (disconnected it) upon arrival. Little known fact: many appliance dealers refuse to hook up icemakers in your home...too many leakage issues over time...I know three people who had leaking ice makers ruin their kitchen floors, also basement repercussions. (many ice maker parts are cheapo plastic in nature)...

we killed our icemaker (disconnected it) upon arrival.
    X2, I hadn't used the pre-installed one in my fridge in 4-5 years. With the onset of the pandemic, I pulled out the parts to reclaim the space.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    McDonalds and Burger King fries are still edible. Bojangles fries are not.
    Are those Bojangle fries curly or their normal ones? Did they ever have curly fries? It has been 12 years since I've seen a Bo-han-glaze.

i think i heard some migrating geese this morning, but no visual confirmation...it's 20+ degrees above normal here (sunny, 65)
    Peak at the local wildlife management area was about a week or so ago so that would make sense!

Acupuncture appointment! Been too long!

Acupuncture appointment! Been too long!
    Sounds like living hell.
    I don't do needles unless it's absolutely essential.

Are those Bojangle fries curly or their normal ones? Did they ever have curly fries? It has been 12 years since I've seen a Bo-han-glaze.
    Normal ones. I’ve never seen their curly fries, and I go there a lot, and have since they started opening.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Normal ones. I’ve never seen their curly fries, and I go there a lot, and have since they started opening.
    Bojangle's fries are pretty good if they're fresh, but they get limp and sad after about 3 minutes under the heat lamp. This means that they're pretty lame about 90% of the time. This is why I rarely if ever order fries when I get my jingle on some 'Jangles. Just put me down for a(nother) Cajun Fillet Biscuit.

It is a niiiiicccceee day. Doing work on the porch. Not too shabby.

what's a Bojangles? A jewelry store that also peddles french fries?

Silly nice weather, about to slow cook outdoors the first spatchcock bird of the season, a lovely six and a half pounder, and there will be house special gin and tonics.