Page 1859 of 2394 FirstFirst ... 8591359175918091849185718581859186018611869190919592359 ... LastLast
Results 37,161 to 37,180 of 47880
  1. #37161
    How was there not someone in the room at the NCAA offices who would recognize the disparity between the way the men's teams were treated and the women's teams were treated in their respective bubbles and flip out over that? How is there not 1 single person who could point that out?

  2. #37162
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Liking the Tom turkey avatar. Nice plumage.
    Thanks! We havenít been out much this last year so my avatar is one of the few ways for me to show off, ya know?

  3. #37163
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What happened to Tony Tonsil?
    Thereís a childrenís book called Tonyís Tonsillectomy. It was written by Paul Rudd.

    One of those statements is true.

  4. #37164
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    How was there not someone in the room at the NCAA offices who would recognize the disparity between the way the men's teams were treated and the women's teams were treated in their respective bubbles and flip out over that? How is there not 1 single person who could point that out?
    Oh, man, don't EVEN get me started. I am so proud of that player who called them out on this. Absolutely disgusting. And NO excuse. I will admit, I pay way more attention to men's ball than women's, but seeing that women's "workout" area made me physically ill.

  5. #37165
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    What happened to Toni Basil?

  6. #37166
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What happened to Toni Basil?
    After dropping acid in a cemetery with Peter Fonda, she decided to become a cheerleader.

  7. #37167
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah. Iím accepting where my inclinations are, machinery ainít one of them. The men who oil their mowers with pride probably donít know boo about puns.
    In 1980 I made a pact with a friend (we call it our Fatwa) that if either of us ever sees the other on a riding lawnmower, we are take the most extreme of measures. I've remained true to this, even though it takes me 75-90 minutes to mow the lawn, and my friend has lived in condos for most of his life...how long can I continue to do this? Dunno, I kind of like the huffing and puffing, aerobic lawnmowing...

  8. #37168
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    In 1980 I made a pact with a friend (we call it our Fatwa) that if either of us ever sees the other on a riding lawnmower, we are take the most extreme of measures. I've remained true to this, even though it takes me 75-90 minutes to mow the lawn, and my friend has lived in condos for most of his life...how long can I continue to do this? Dunno, I kind of like the huffing and puffing, aerobic lawnmowing...
    I am hoping this was codified as the Deere - Husqvarna pact.

  9. #37169
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am hoping this was codified as the Deere - Husqvarna pact.
    could have been! Our home (purchased in 1990) came with an old Deere riding mower the owners wanted us to take, they were flabbergasted when I refused it. Major turning point in my life!

  10. #37170
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    could have been! Our home (purchased in 1990) came with an old Deere riding mower the owners wanted us to take, they were flabbergasted when I refused it. Major turning point in my life!
    I worked construction to put myself through college and I love to chop wood and build things. I am firmly in the manual labor as a means to develop work ethic camp. But I would have taken the riding lawn mower. Luddite.

  11. #37171
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I worked construction to put myself through college and I love to chop wood and build things. I am firmly in the manual labor as a means to develop work ethic camp. But I would have taken the riding lawn mower. Luddite.
    Guilty as charged, now going outside to commence Raking 2021. By the way, the worst people in the entire world are those who use leaf blowers. Slobotnicks.

  12. #37172
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Guilty as charged, now going outside to commence Raking 2021. By the way, the worst people in the entire world are those who use leaf blowers. Slobotnicks.
    Fantastic response!

  13. #37173
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Guilty as charged, now going outside to commence Raking 2021. By the way, the worst people in the entire world are those who use leaf blowers. Slobotnicks.
    My brother gave me his old electric leaf blower a long time ago. I have never used it. Whenever I am out raking leaves (and I have a LOT of leaves) my neighbor tells me, Hey, I have a leaf blower you can borrow. I tell him, I have one, thanks, but this way burns more calories. He says, Yeah, I should do that, too.

    We have had this conversation more than once.

  14. #37174
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My brother gave me his old electric leaf blower a long time ago. I have never used it. Whenever I am out raking leaves (and I have a LOT of leaves) my neighbor tells me, Hey, I have a leaf blower you can borrow. I tell him, I have one, thanks, but this way burns more calories. He says, Yeah, I should do that, too.

    We have had this conversation more than once.
    Next time he says that he should do it too look him up and down for about 3 seconds and reply "Yes. You definitely should."

  15. #37175
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Next time he says that he should do it too look him up and down for about 3 seconds and reply "Yes. You definitely should."
    Yeah, I really don't need to do that. We all know it's true.

  16. #37176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Next time he says that he should do it too look him up and down for about 3 seconds and reply "Yes. You definitely should."
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yeah, I really don't need to do that. We all know it's true.
    Did I mention he has a big ram's head tattooed on his arm?

  17. #37177
    I use the leaf blower to clean off my electric lawn mower. Which they advise to not clean with water. I also use it to clean the sidewalks after I've swept and put all the loose debris in my trash can.

  18. #37178
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Did I mention he has a big ram's head tattooed on his arm?
    Because he likes pickup trucks?

  19. #37179
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My brother gave me his old electric leaf blower a long time ago. I have never used it. Whenever I am out raking leaves (and I have a LOT of leaves) my neighbor tells me, Hey, I have a leaf blower you can borrow. I tell him, I have one, thanks, but this way burns more calories. He says, Yeah, I should do that, too.

    We have had this conversation more than once.
    There was a New Yorker article a few years ago concerning the Leaf Blower Wars in upscale California neighborhoods...everyone has gardeners who come frequently, so everyone has virtually non stop leaf blower noise at their multi million homes.
    Vicious battles fought over town statutes...me, I really dislike unnecessary noise pollution...

  20. #37180
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Be careful, some say rock and roll is noise pollution.
    Posted that on Saturday night.

    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I really dislike unnecessary noise pollution...
    I do also. I like a quiet house. Even the refrigerator is too loud at times.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •