Page 1858 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 85813581758180818481856185718581859186018681908195823582858 ... LastLast
Results 37,141 to 37,160 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think the other men on the street look down on me for using a lawn service (and a woman-owned one at that) but I really don’t want to buy a zero-turn giant mower and the old John Deere rider we were handed down kept busting on me. So...I’m happy.
    We moved into our current home in 2005 and we couldn't quite afford it. It was too much house for us and we were house poor to the point of worry. As we have moved up in our jobs we can more easily afford our home, plus a friend of mine said to me about five years back that with renovations our house was too nice for me to do such a crappy job in the yard and I needed to pay someone. It hurt my feelings a touch and he was correct. I cut that check and it is professionally done and looks fantastic.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I took care of all the birthday parties and medical appointments (which in my family turned out to be a huge job), my husband does all the yardwork. All of it.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I did not know until just now that Fiskars was Finnish.
    Absolutely...my geared Fiskars tool cuts up big pine branches like they were butter..possibly my MVP yard tool, and I have a second one with extendable handles, woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I took care of all the birthday parties and medical appointments (which in my family turned out to be a huge job), my husband does all the yardwork. All of it.
    I do 85%, maybe 90%, all the raking, mulching and mowing (fine by me) but she is the Executive VP in charge of flowers. I'm utterly incompetent there.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    We moved into our current home in 2005 and we couldn't quite afford it. It was too much house for us and we were house poor to the point of worry. As we have moved up in our jobs we can more easily afford our home, plus a friend of mine said to me about five years back that with renovations our house was too nice for me to do such a crappy job in the yard and I needed to pay someone. It hurt my feelings a touch and he was correct. I cut that check and it is professionally done and looks fantastic.
    We’re on about 3.5 acres and it’s either go all in on a 4x4, zero turn with a big deck, and a whole lot of other equipment or outsource. We outsource. We probably underestimated the land care when we purchased so if we move we’d probably bump it back by half and look for a more tended lot. Ours has some overgrown areas that don’t bother us but could use clearing.

I pushed a mower as a kid and don’t mind mowing but definitely didn’t grow up in a gear house and wouldn’t enjoy all the machine care at all in owning.

We’re on about 3.5 acres and it’s either go all in on a 4x4, zero turn with a big deck, and a whole lot of other equipment or outsource. We outsource. We probably underestimated the land care when we purchased so if we move we’d probably bump it back by half and look for a more tended lot. Ours has some overgrown areas that don’t bother us but could use clearing.

I pushed a mower as a kid and don’t mind mowing but definitely didn’t grow up in a gear house and wouldn’t enjoy all the machine care at all in owning.
    I grew up knowing how to attack odd vs. Even front zones and three schools of thought for how to defend a ball screen. We had a push mower and I love the physical labor. I chop wood with an axe at least every other week. Mine is less a labor issue and more a skillset issue. I can put needles and breathing tubes in babies but lack the dexterity to edge my walkway properly.

I think the other men on the street look down on me for using a lawn service (and a woman-owned one at that) but I really don’t want to buy a zero-turn giant mower and the old John Deere rider we were handed down kept busting on me. So...I’m happy.
    Lawn Service.
    I only look down on the lawns that are more weeds than grass. Which happen to be both my neighbors. One has his kids mow it, the other appears to pay lowest price available on some of the lawncare apps. That along with never running her sprinkler(all homes in this sub-division had sprinklers installed) or doing any kind of fertilization and weed eradication leaves a mess that likes to encroach on my lawn. I take care of the other neighbor's side yard, a deal we cut years ago when he agreed to take care of the bushes that are rooted in his portion but hang over my yard. I have minimal encroachment issues there as I weed, fertilize, mow, etc. There are only two things that don't happen there, aeration and I think watering. Because he, like my other neighbor, just doesn't appear to believe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    my husband does all the yardwork. All of it.
    I thought that was what kids are for? At least when I grew up.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I thought that was what kids are for? At least when I grew up.
    You are correct, sometimes the way he does the yardwork is to delegate it the kids. They only ever mow though and the amount of yard we have that needs mowing is . . . not much. We do not have a gas-powered mower and it usually takes whichever kid less than half an hour to mow. Hubby takes care of the other plants, be they bushes, trees, or flowers.

I grew up knowing how to attack odd vs. Even front zones and three schools of thought for how to defend a ball screen. We had a push mower and I love the physical labor. I chop wood with an axe at least every other week. Mine is less a labor issue and more a skillset issue. I can put needles and breathing tubes in babies but lack the dexterity to edge my walkway properly.
    Yeah. I’m accepting where my inclinations are, machinery ain’t one of them. The men who oil their mowers with pride probably don’t know boo about puns.

Yeah. I’m accepting where my inclinations are, machinery ain’t one of them. The men who oil their mowers with pride probably don’t know boo about puns.
    Or hard hedging, showing or icing a screen and roll.

Sunday evening. Sigh.

Or hard hedging

There is a thread for that: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...estment-Thread

Ha! Fantastic!

Ha! Fantastic!
    You can find just about anything you need here at the DBR. And many things you don't!

You can find just about anything you need here at the DBR. And many things you don't!
    This is very true. And there always seems to be someone with expertise on a given subject. The strangest thing, I usually trust someone on this board when they say they're an expert on something. Maybe I shouldn't, I don't know, but a lot of people seem like they know what they're talking about.

This is very true. And there always seems to be someone with expertise on a given subject. The strangest thing, I usually trust someone on this board when they say they're an expert on something. Maybe I shouldn't, I don't know, but a lot of people seem like they know what they're talking about.
    Ha! One thing I always say when I am talking about taking care of a baby when people call for help is they will know in a few minutes whether or not I'm right. And when I'm wrong about something I say something along the lines of "Well...looks like I screwed that up. Now let's see what else we can do."

Bobby Bicuspid getting a little grace from it's namesake, takes another.

Bobby Bicuspid getting a little grace from it's namesake, takes another.
    Liking the Tom turkey avatar. Nice plumage.

What happened to Tony Tonsil?