Page 184 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 841341741821831841851861942342846841184 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 67681

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ECU 27,VA Tech 22. I'm pretty sure my brain is gonna hurt tomorrow. Hopefully the Blue Devils bring it home tonight, too.
    Picking up on what Sue said in another thread, by chance, after the ECU win, you didn't pick up a lottery ticket in Mableton, did you?

Why is a Kanye West song drifting around in my brain?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Why is a Kanye West song drifting around in my brain?
    cause you're a gold digger?

I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of that, what with asking around if anyone here had the winning ticket and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    cause you're a gold digger?
    I ain't sayin you're a gold digger . . .

Nice BTTT...did this one fall off the front page?

God bless Labor Day...this has been my post prolific posting day in ages.

I've been busy but not overly so. I don't think it fell off the front page as most of the posting activity here has been focused on a few threads. (Okay, okay 17 posts today, I have been busy.)

God bless Labor Day...this has been my post prolific posting day in ages.
    What would you have done w/o Palin-BabyGate on the PPB??

Actually, it's been a great Labor day here too. Finally got out to do some much needed shoe shopping, and actually found some shoes I liked! Seriously, this is the first time in 18 months that I've bought a pair of shoes. (Sandals excepted.) I even found a pair to replace my old trail-hikers that are 5 years old and on their last legs.

I normally hate shopping (no, really - hate retail, hate crowds, hate trying things on) so I'm extra enthused that I found stuff that I liked, and was out and back in under 2 hours. Sweet!

Now, time to make the babyback ribs!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    What would you have done w/o Palin-BabyGate on the PPB??

Actually, it's been a great Labor day here too. Finally got out to do some much needed shoe shopping, and actually found some shoes I liked! Seriously, this is the first time in 18 months that I've bought a pair of shoes. (Sandals excepted.) I even found a pair to replace my old trail-hikers that are 5 years old and on their last legs.

I normally hate shopping (no, really - hate retail, hate crowds, hate trying things on) so I'm extra enthused that I found stuff that I liked, and was out and back in under 2 hours. Sweet!

Now, time to make the babyback ribs!
    Good things all (except BabyGate...nothing incenses me so much as being told how I feel). I had fallen off in recent months, so I don't feel bad about a blitzkrieg kind of day. Plus, class starts tomorrow, so I won't have as many such opportunities for a while (although those marathon library days do require regular study breaks).

Thumbs up throaty needs to come to the rescue

Good things all (except BabyGate...nothing incenses me so much as being told how I feel). I had fallen off in recent months, so I don't feel bad about a blitzkrieg kind of day. Plus, class starts tomorrow, so I won't have as many such opportunities for a while (although those marathon library days do require regular study breaks).
    So, err, umm... would you mind giving me the Reader's Digest version of what happened on the PPB today?

I think throaty needs to do an election year guide to posts on the PPB.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    So, err, umm... would you mind giving me the Reader's Digest version of what happened on the PPB today?

I think throaty needs to do an election year guide to posts on the PPB.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Basically, there's a ginormous debate/[urinating] contest re: Sarah Palin's daughter's pregnancy, and I (along with others) have been accused of expressing "glee" because Palin the younger is with child. Myriad accusations of hypocrisy, sanctimony, etc. hurled all over the place, in all directions...in other words, typical PPB stuff. As for why I got involved today, well, I couldn't really tell you.

Wink Bring back Tina Fey!!

Basically, there's a ginormous debate/[urinating] contest re: Sarah Palin's daughter's pregnancy, and I (along with others) have been accused of expressing "glee" because Palin the younger is with child. Myriad accusations of hypocrisy, sanctimony, etc. hurled all over the place, in all directions...in other words, typical PPB stuff. As for why I got involved today, well, I couldn't really tell you.
    Thanks for the update. Yet another reason why folks should stay away from the Dark Side (the PPB). Stay here with all the "stupid" threads, and with all the shiny, happy people!

Is it just me, or does Sarah Palin look like Tina Fey?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    A little...that's been mentioned recently on the Dark Side too. I don't intend to venture over there a whole lot in the near future, because a) I don't have the time, b) I don't care to, as I said earlier in this thread, be told how I feel, c) the entire board consists of people either puffing their chests out in agreement with each other of attempting to convince the unconvinceable, and d) any and every thought of the election, politics, etc. just stresses me out these days anyway.

lte

Thanks for the update. Yet another reason why folks should stay away from the Dark Side (the PPB). Stay here with all the "stupid" threads, and with all the shiny, happy people!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I even ventured over there today and contributed a few times to that thread. What a war zone! I left the debate when group one made the point that group two policy was a failure and their policy was right. After being challenged by group two with a hypothetical situation where group one policy failed, it was met with the argument that the same rules did not apply or were not rational or some such nonsense. WTH?

Yes.

Red face

A little...that's been mentioned recently on the Dark Side too. I don't intend to venture over there a whole lot in the near future, because a) I don't have the time, b) I don't care to, as I said earlier in this thread, be told how I feel, c) the entire board consists of people either puffing their chests out in agreement with each other of attempting to convince the unconvinceable, and d) any and every thought of the election, politics, etc. just stresses me out these days anyway.
    I am now distressed to discover that I agreed with something on the PPB. Otherwise, sorry to read about PPB decorum.

Man, how I miss a good EarlJam poll!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We school starting up this week for the kids and it being the first of September and all, I started thinking about what I might have accomplished in the last year. (Resolutions aren't just for January 1.) Anyway, I think starting this thread is probably one of the most lasting things I've done. Now, how should I feel about that? Is it sad? Or is it kind of a cool thing?

I can't decide.

Cool VERY cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We school starting up this week for the kids and it being the first of September and all, I started thinking about what I might have accomplished in the last year. (Resolutions aren't just for January 1.) Anyway, I think starting this thread is probably one of the most lasting things I've done. Now, how should I feel about that? Is it sad? Or is it kind of a cool thing?

I can't decide.
    You should feel proud! Very cool!

Don't let the nattering nabobs of negativism get you down!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

3,478 posts and counting. I certainly wouldn't feel down about this thread. It has become a community within this community. And it just made me realize that my freshman year, there was a radio station that ran an ad that had the ultimate punchline, Don't be a Deke. I always thought that meant don't be a member of that fraternity. But I am sure what they really meant was don't be a Deac. That knowledge, gained 19 years later, is well, priceless.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    c) the entire board consists of people either puffing their chests out in agreement with each other of attempting to convince the unconvinceable,
    So in other words, it is business as usual over there...

Man, how I miss a good EarlJam poll!
    You and me both!