Page 1836 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 83613361736178618261834183518361837183818461886193623362836 ... LastLast
Results 36,701 to 36,720 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    So is it one album, or one artst?
    My artist would be Wilco.
    Well you don't get the entire compendium. An artist and an album. But a greatest hit album is acceptable.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Didn't define parameters. My bad. You only get 1 artist.
    One artist? I'll take the Riverside Shakespeare, no CD player or batteries needed.

1 CD? I'm sure there is one out there with a compilation of '80s hits, mixing some Prince in with a couple of my favorite New Wave tunes, so, that one.

In the Improvisational Acting class I took a couple of years ago, one assignment everybody had to do was bring in a song and lead the entire class in an improvised dance to that song. I brought in "When Doves Cry".

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    One artist? I'll take the Riverside Shakespeare, no CD player or batteries needed.

1 CD? I'm sure there is one out there with a compilation of '80s hits, mixing some Prince in with a couple of my favorite New Wave tunes, so, that one.

In the Improvisational Acting class I took a couple of years ago, one assignment everybody had to do was bring in a song and lead the entire class in an improvised dance to that song. I brought in "When Doves Cry".
    https://youtu.be/iKKONgfNONU

What I would have brought in.

Well you don't get the entire compendium. An artist and an album. But a greatest hit album is acceptable.
    Yeah, see there's my conundrum. My single album is Yoshimi, but my easily favorite band is Wilco. I suppose the cynic in me would choose Kicking Television, a live double album that reads basically like Wilco's greatest hits up to 2005.

If it is one artist on one album, I can't pick one, but definitely under consideration would be "Imperial Bedroom" (Elvis Costello) and "Purple Rain".

Also under consideration: "What's the Story, Morning Glory?" (Oasis), "Everybody Else is Doing It, Why Can't We" (The Cranberries), Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits, "Marshall Crenshaw" (Marshall Crenshaw), The Eagles Greatest Hits, an album that I own called something like "The Best of the Motown Sound", and "Home" (The Corrs)

By the time I figured out which one to bring, I would have missed the plane (or the boat) and I wouldn't wind up on the desert island in the first place.

https://youtu.be/iKKONgfNONU

What I would have brought in.
    Link not working.

Link not working.
    All I'll say is she is no Clarence Clemons...

It was "Rump Shaker".

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Sort of weirdly, The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is my single desert island album, but they're nowhere near my desert island artist, if that makes any sense.
    An incredible album

and "Purple Rain".
    I think Jeff stole my Purple Rain LP.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    An incredible album
    ...and tattoo.
    935B2765-BBB1-4A91-BE00-A15EADE0E504.jpg

This is tough b/c I am a music mix person. I might have to go with the Traveling Wilburys first album.

Why not a box set?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Why not a box set?
    I guess if it is your island it's ok.

I guess if it is your island it's ok.
    Hmmm, maybe I should just bring a juke box? That would limit it to items that have been pressed into vinyl however. Though I hear there are some efforts to expand offerings.

Somewhat more apropos of this thread than most of my posts, I offered pop tarts to my 2 y/o son this morning for breakfast as a treat. He was less than interested.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Somewhat more apropos of this thread than most of my posts, I offered pop tarts to my 2 y/o son this morning for breakfast as a treat. He was less than interested.
    He just increased his life expectancy!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    He just increased his life expectancy!
    Well, sure - but what fun is that???

I was tempted to try one; I can't think of the last time I had one.

When my wife was in college, she had chocolate fudge pop tarts and a diet coke every morning. I'm surprised she's still with us!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm, maybe I should just bring a juke box? That would limit it to items that have been pressed into vinyl however. Though I hear there are some efforts to expand offerings.
    Realizing that this completely misses the point of the question, I have 30 days of Red Book (CD) quality music on my phone. I mean, if we're allowed to bring an album, presumably this desert island comes equipped with a current bush, so recharging shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Well, sure - but what fun is that???

I was tempted to try one; I can't think of the last time I had one.

When my wife was in college, she had chocolate fudge pop tarts and a diet coke every morning. I'm surprised she's still with us!
    The diet coke was probably worse for her than the Poptarts.