Page 1835 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 83513351735178518251833183418351836183718451885193523352835 ... LastLast
Results 36,681 to 36,700 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did you just make a “Tay in the wind” reference?
    Well I had to watch it with folks who didn't grow up where I did to recognize that other people couldn't understand her. I could.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am basically the classic rock version of Nell.
    Funny* story - my dad ate lunch with Nell.

My dad worked with an association of churches in Robbinsville, NC. He routinely had lunch with pastors in the area, and on this particular day, the pastor said to come by the church, they were having an event with food and my dad could partake with them.

The "event" was the cast's craft service table, hosted in the church's fellowship hall. My dad got a plate and sat across from a homely looking woman, who he realized was Jodie Foster, after speaking with her for a bit.

Even funnier* story, my dad left that job to teach drama and choir full-time in the local high school, and routinely had Nick Searcy, whom I believe he met that day, as a guest speaker to his drama classes.

*As we all know, what I consider funny and what the world considers funny often differs. YMMV.

"I have a cheese-shredder at home, which is its positive name. They don't call it by its negative name, which is
    sponge-ruiner. Because I wanted to clean it, and now I have little bits
    of sponge that would melt easily over tortilla chips." --Mitch Hedberg

"My manager's cool. He gets concerned. He says, 'Mitch, don't use liquor as a crutch.' I can't use liquor as a crutch, because a crutch helps me walk. Liquor really screws up the way I walk. It ain't like a crutch. It's like a step I didn't see." --Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Best Floyd song?
    San Tropez, of course, to show how multidimensional they were!

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Best Floyd song?
    Eddie Floyd? This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kceiks__PsE

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    "My manager's cool. He gets concerned. He says, 'Mitch, don't use liquor as a crutch.' I can't use liquor as a crutch, because a crutch helps me walk. Liquor really screws up the way I walk. It ain't like a crutch. It's like a step I didn't see." --Mitch Hedberg
    LOVE this one. Oh Mitch. And the deliver is 90% of his jokes; those don't know should find his Comedy Central special online and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm in the Prince is god camp.

THIS.
    I knew I liked you.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Funny* story - my dad ate lunch with Nell.

My dad worked with an association of churches in Robbinsville, NC. He routinely had lunch with pastors in the area, and on this particular day, the pastor said to come by the church, they were having an event with food and my dad could partake with them.

The "event" was the cast's craft service table, hosted in the church's fellowship hall. My dad got a plate and sat across from a homely looking woman, who he realized was Jodie Foster, after speaking with her for a bit.

Even funnier* story, my dad left that job to teach drama and choir full-time in the local high school, and routinely had Nick Searcy, whom I believe he met that day, as a guest speaker to his drama classes.

*As we all know, what I consider funny and what the world considers funny often differs. YMMV.
    Great story!

Is Prince your desert island artist? You somehow get stranded on an island and you have a cd player and an infinite supply of batteries. You have 1 CD. Who would you want it to be? George Strait for me.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...d-songs-ever/5

I looked this up and listened to at least a bit of most of them. I knew one song. To further demonstrate my dearth of classic rock knowledge, I actually looked up Led Zeppelin by mistake because I'm not really sure I know the difference between the two. I knew 4 of their songs. I think this is incredibly weird for a person in his late 40s. But I am almost completely unaware of either of them.
    Sorry to take the thread back a bit but this is TRULY disturbing. You probably should be banned from this thread. Surely you had heard of "Stair Lift to Heaven"? It was a big hit on the nursing home circuit and probably quite popular with many here.

To get back on topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHbQI2305qw

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Sorry to take the thread back a bit but this is TRULY disturbing. You probably should be banned from this thread. Surely you had heard of "Stair Lift to Heaven"? It was a big hit on the nursing home circuit and probably quite popular with many here.
    The pink boxing gloves are coming out.

Is Prince your desert island artist? You somehow get stranded on an island and you have a cd player and an infinite supply of batteries. You have 1 CD. Who would you want it to be? George Strait for me.
    Sort of weirdly, The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is my single desert island album, but they're nowhere near my desert island artist, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post

To get back on topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHbQI2305qw
    I recognize it is one of the greatest songs of all time. I listened to their other stuff and not particularly crazy about it. You guys should ban me though. I do support this.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Sort of weirdly, The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is my single desert island album, but they're nowhere near my desert island artist, if that makes any sense.
    Again. No idea who this is. I mean: Yea I ain't got no idear.

No idea. Old school me would have a desert island mix tape. 21st century me would have a desert island spotify playlist (I think that's an actual thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    THIS.
    I knew I liked you.
    <3, back atcha!

No idea. Old school me would have a desert island mix tape. 21st century me would have a desert island spotify playlist (I think that's an actual thing.)
    Didn't define parameters. My bad. You only get 1 artist.

Didn't define parameters. My bad. You only get 1 artist.
    So is it one album, or one artst?
    My artist would be Wilco.