Page 181 of 2800 FirstFirst ... 811311711791801811821831912312816811181 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 55990
  1. #3601
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Hey, Opera is a fine browser. Never used an Apple TV. It looks nice enough, but I can't justify it.
    Yeah, the browser is fine, but the display proportions are a little off, and there aren't enough options on the settings menu to remedy that. Worth the $5 though.

  2. #3602
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    lte

    Hadn't posted here in a while. Good to see Fish80 return. Am I still leading him?

  3. #3603
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO

    New gadget

    I purchased an Amazon Kindle last week before traveling. I am a huge fan! If you're another of those people who packs a suitcase full of books then this is the gadget for you.

  4. #3604
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Am I still leading him?
    Not any more . . .

  5. #3605
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Oh, and then I wake up this morning only to be greeted with a tornado warning.
    I'm now terrified to speak to my girlfriend for fear that she'll dump me or take Walter anywhere for fear that he'll die.
    Why don't you ask Walter to speak to your girlfriend for you? Hopefully whatever wicked karma you have on you will not rub off on him, and your girlfriend would look a little silly trying to break up with Walter anyway.

  6. #3606
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Why don't you ask Walter to speak to your girlfriend for you? Hopefully whatever wicked karma you have on you will not rub off on him, and your girlfriend would look a little silly trying to break up with Walter anyway.
    My girlfriend did not dump me; in fact, she sympathized rather strongly. Also, someone evidently told Walter that I needed a snuggle yesterday, because he was particularly affectionate. I also got a couple of small kernels of good news, so things seem to be looking up (knock on wood).

  7. #3607
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I purchased an Amazon Kindle last week before traveling. I am a huge fan! If you're another of those people who packs a suitcase full of books then this is the gadget for you.
    Can you break its spine? I'm the worst enemy of books, I bend them around until the spine breaks...at least the good ones that get read many a time.

  8. #3608
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Speaking of browsers, I downloaded the new version of Firefox today and so far I like it a lot. Other than some nifty cosmetic changes, the biggest change I've noticed is that it allows you to save your tabs so you can restart Firefox with all of the same tabs open.

    Anybody else using it?

  9. #3609
    I will probably download it tonight. I am using it too much right now to go through the update process...my IE is sucking. Java won't work at all with it and no solution has been forthcoming.

  10. #3610
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    What, no threads on the long-awaited release of IE8 Beta 2?

  11. #3611
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    What, no threads on the long-awaited release of IE8 Beta 2?
    I'm excited about all the new browser releases, but I don't think any beta deserves a thread.

  12. #3612
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    What, no threads on the long-awaited release of IE8 Beta 2?
    Does it work with Java?

  13. #3613
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Dang - looks like I missed something big happening on the PPB today... Earljam is (temporarily) banned!? Mild-mannered, goofy EJ?

    Anyone care to give me the skinny on what happened? Feel free to send via PM if necessary.

  14. #3614
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Hey, it's 4:34AM on the East Coast -- who's next to get up? Is Lexington, KY on East Coast or Central time?

  15. #3615
    Lavabe normally would be the next up, but since his move to KY I 've noticed he has been here as early as often. Maybe having to wind his way through boxes, etc. has made it a little more difficult. Lexington is Eastern.

  16. #3616
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Good lord, man, what are you doing up so early? What am I doing up so late?!

  17. #3617
    5 AM is my normal hour these days. I do go to bed around 10 PM or so...

    This is my JJ Redick post, which means I will be offline(or not posting) for a while.

  18. #3618
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Thumbs up No Atlanta traffic

    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Lavabe normally would be the next up, but since his move to KY I 've noticed he has been here as early as often. Maybe having to wind his way through boxes, etc. has made it a little more difficult. Lexington is Eastern.
    Eight hours of sleep last night ... WOW!! These 25 minute commutes are taking their toll on me.

  19. #3619
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I also got a couple of small kernels of good news, so things seem to be looking up (knock on wood).
    Glad to hear it. Must be nice.

  20. #3620
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Dang - looks like I missed something big happening on the PPB today... Earljam is (temporarily) banned!? Mild-mannered, goofy EJ?

    Anyone care to give me the skinny on what happened? Feel free to send via PM if necessary.
    Evidently, EarlJam ruffled some feathers on the PPB. I'm just assuming the "ban" isn't permanent. If it is, I intend to spearhead the official "Petition to reinstate EarlJam" thread.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •