Page 1783 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 78312831683173317731781178217831784178517931833188322832783 ... LastLast
Results 35,641 to 35,660 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Pass them.
    People who walk slowly and impede me because I am unable to pass annoy me. Also most folks have poor proprioception.

And my flatus is redolent of violets and primroses. So that won't work.

I don't enjoy escalators.

In either direction? I think they are misappropriately named. They are not unidirectional.

Follow the rules of the road. If you stand on an escalator, stay to the right and allow others to pass. People who stand on an escalator and block others from passing are selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    And my flatus is redolent of violets and primroses. So that won't work.
    Umm . . . nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Umm . . . nevermind.
    Your restraint is noted.

Follow the rules of the road. If you stand on an escalator, stay to the right and allow others to pass. People who stand on an escalator and block others from passing are selfish.
    I learned this lesson in DC. People will explain it to you if you screw it up, but you aren't going to be crazy about their means of communication.

I'm ok with escalators. I don't like revolving doors. Have a strange fear of getting a shoe, particularly a sandal, caught under the door. Plus memories of a description of my brother narrowly missing running into a woman dressed for a very formal occasion while carrying his very muddy football uniform.

I don't like mice - especially when I don't have someone to take care of those caught in a trap for me. I toss the whole thing. Now I need to set out another trap tonight - and probably a couple of others.

Stupid mouse ignored the trap for 10 days in the kitchen. Moved it to the garage yesterday morning and found one in it this morning. I could have walked right past it when I got home from work around 10pm last night - I'm pretending that I didn't.

I learned this lesson in DC. People will explain it to you if you screw it up, but you aren't going to be crazy about their means of communication.
    Yes. DC does NOT mess around with its escalator etiquette. You might be able to get away with it at the smithsonian stop but don’t pull that crap on a business stop!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes. DC does NOT mess around with its escalator etiquette. You might be able to get away with it at the smithsonian stop but don’t pull that crap on a business stop!
    Yes. Dupont Circle. I'm quite certain the things they said about my mother are untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I don't like revolving doors. .
    Me neither! I got stuck in one once, only briefly, but I am claustrophobic, and it was not fun.

Yes. Dupont Circle. I'm quite certain the things they said about my mother are untrue.
    That she was like an escalator?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That she was like an escalator?
    😆...

On an escalator, I fear the crop dusting.

On an escalator, I fear the crop dusting.
    Oh man. I commuted on the DC metro system for 7 years. There was nothing worse on the way into work on a sardine-packed metro than the moment someone cut one and the smell hit your face.

No one said anything but you could see the same look of quiet desperation in everyone’s eyes.

I don't like mice - especially when I don't have someone to take care of those caught in a trap for me. I toss the whole thing. Now I need to set out another trap tonight - and probably a couple of others.

Stupid mouse ignored the trap for 10 days in the kitchen. Moved it to the garage yesterday morning and found one in it this morning. I could have walked right past it when I got home from work around 10pm last night - I'm pretending that I didn't.

I haven't seen a mouse in years. Too many cats around.

Me neither! I got stuck in one once, only briefly, but I am claustrophobic, and it was not fun.
    I'm okay with revolving doors if they go my speed. We have a huge automatic one at work(when I used to go into the office) that moved way too slow. I used to be fine with the ones you push yourself, but now I'm just like, gross.

The first mouse I ever caught, I threw out the whole thing, too. I have dealt with them more and more living where I do (woods) and at my mom's house as well. I am much less squeamish in dealing with them. I won't go into details about this last less conventional way I dealt with Mighty Mouse who survived a trap across his neck for at least seven hours, but I will say it did not involve boxing gloves.