Page 1762 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 76212621662171217521760176117621763176417721812186222622762 ... LastLast
Results 35,221 to 35,240 of 67409
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Isn't the beer thread using Basketball game virtual pub sessions to run up the participation numbers? Either we figure a counter strategy or accept our reality until late March.

Of course, my info could be wrong/dated - as whatever loyalty I might have tilts LTE. I.e., I don't really know what's going on over there. Unlike the rest of you, I still have a day job.
    The virtual beer pubs are a monthly event. They welcome non-beer drinkers. They even let one of them host a VPN - but that one did drink beer. They have ruined me.

Isn't the beer thread using Basketball game virtual pub sessions to run up the participation numbers? Either we figure a counter strategy or accept our reality until late March.

Of course, my info could be wrong/dated - as whatever loyalty I might have tilts LTE. I.e., I don't really know what's going on over there. Unlike the rest of you, I still have a day job.
    I don't know but I have to admit I'm very impressed by their sheer posting volume. They're sampling a lot of beers, it's truly a dedication.

Revised Wipeout, yay or nay?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

I know they are doing virtual pubs, I didn't realize they coincided with basketball games, I thought they were just a pandemic thing. Alas, I don't think we've got a good counter strategy.

Hey! I still have a day job! It's per diem and I have to wait around between projects and I don't get paid very much, but still a job!

I am also under the impression the the Beer thread is really carried by one poster. True?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am also under the impression the the Beer thread is really carried by one poster. True?
    There seems to be one almost robotic poster and then a few prodigious human posters.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    There seems to be one almost robotic poster and then a few prodigious human posters.
    The data and answers are within easy reach.

There is some crossover, LTE posters who also drink Beer. And we know the Beer posters come here looking for inspiration sometimes when they want to wander off into non-beer topics.

Backing up quite a few posts - Shamrog still posts a lot - on FB, where he posts about 2 things, his adorable children and politics. I communicate with TillyGalore over on FB all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The data and answers are within easy reach.
    Remind me. I hovered over a bunch of things in the thread and only saw how many times I posted in it.

I didn't know there was a rivalry!!!!!! I love it!

Remind me. I hovered over a bunch of things in the thread and only saw how many times I posted in it.
    A not obvious feature of vBulletin: On the forum view, click on the replies count for any particular thread and it'll show the breakdown of posts by member name.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    A not obvious feature of vBulletin: On the forum view, click on the replies count for any particular thread and it'll show the breakdown of posts by member name.

-jk
    Thanks!

Okay, so here are the Top 10 beer thread posters. It is safe to say they have an alpha:

devildeac Posts 18,054

Posts 5,585
    fuse

Posts 2,866
    Tripping William

Posts 1,935
    mattman91

Posts 1,162
    richardjackson199

Posts 781
    accfanfrom1970

Posts 746
    Nrrrrvous

Posts 702
    duketaylor

Posts 614
    OldPhiKap

Posts 389
    ricks68

Thanks!

Okay, so here are the Top 10 beer thread posters. It is safe to say they have an alpha:

devildeac Posts 18,054

Posts 5,585
    fuse

Posts 2,866
    Tripping William

Posts 1,935
    mattman91

Posts 1,162
    richardjackson199

Posts 781
    accfanfrom1970

Posts 746
    Nrrrrvous

Posts 702
    duketaylor

Posts 614
    OldPhiKap

Posts 389
    ricks68
    Is it ricks68? It is isn't it?

I do consider it a friendly rivalry. And admittedly, now know more about their virtual pubs from LTE folk ...than I did when I made my "watch party" assertion.

I do consider it a friendly rivalry. And admittedly, now know more about their virtual pubs from LTE folk ...than I did when I made my "watch party" assertion.
    Dang. I was hoping it would be contentious like the turkey thread.

Contentious!?! I've seen but a single dissenter.

Seems more a chorus of universal acclamation.

Oh, don't worry, it's contentious. Ever since they made fun of us talking about lawn mowers, I've been plotting revenge.

Oh, don't worry, it's contentious. Ever since they made fun of us talking about lawn mowers, I've been plotting revenge.
    You could get together online or via zoom, all have a beer, review the beer on the Ymmm Beer thread, then start your revenge? I'd love to hear about a good revenge beer. I'm thinking some type of high abv ale

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    You could get together online or via zoom, all have a beer, review the beer on the Ymmm Beer thread, then start your revenge? I'd love to hear about a good revenge beer. I'm thinking some type of high abv ale
    Why would we want to do that? We are much too busy talking about single malt scotch and the best way to cook turkey. Although, to be fair, our turkey cooking discussions did ultimately require a separate thread.

It is not possible that there is a better revenge drink than Laphroaig. Oh wait - that's it! That is exactly what Laphroaig tastes like! Revenge!