Page 1761 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 76112611661171117511759176017611762176317711811186122612761 ... LastLast
Results 35,201 to 35,220 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Even though I have decided to call my ratings "Yucks", getting more "Yucks" is a good thing. I do not feel the need to be logical.

McDonald's hot chocolate? 0 Yucks.
    Friendly's Cotton Candy Soda? 4 Yucks.

I believe I've told the LTE before about a tradition I started at one of the theater companies I work with. They have an annual short play festival and I have directed for it every year for more than a decade (no festival this year, of course ). Every year, after auditions, when all the directors get together to cast their shows, we have the "I Dare You to Try That" contest. I bring in something that is supposed to be gross and most everyone tries it. It can be either something to drink or something to eat. (There are always hold outs who claim that peer pressure will not work on them.) Most years whatever I bring is pronounced to be "not that bad". It all started with Pumpkin Pie Soda several years ago. The "winner" so far, in that it was so gross nobody was willing to eat more than one, was the year I brought in peanut butter candy corn. I guarantee that however nasty you can imagine peanut butter candy corn to be - it was worse.
    You need more intrepid friends!

I'll taste just about anything once. Doesn't mean I would order it at a bar.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You need more intrepid friends!

I'll taste just about anything once. Doesn't mean I would order it at a bar.
    Those willing to try whatever it is outnumber the hold outs, by far. It's become such "a thing" that people start sending me suggestions in September and October - the auditions are always in November.

In other news, yes, I can still do a cartwheel.

That is super impressive. I could never do one. I could still grab the rim up until age 43. Alas, I can no longer grab the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That is super impressive. I could never do one. I could still grab the rim up until age 43. Alas, I can no longer grab the rim.
    Still, I find myself a bit jealous.

In '82-84, I hit out of the middle for Duke's club volleyball team. Today when I jump, I don't get the crease out of my sneakers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Still, I find myself a bit jealous.

In '82-84, I hit out of the middle for Duke's club volleyball team. Today when I jump, I don't get the crease out of my sneakers.
    Well. I'm just as limber as I never was.

people start sending me suggestions in September and October - the auditions are always in November.
    Overripe camembert. If they can stand to get close enough to taste it.

Warning - Super Brag! I cartwheeled over the finish line of the Boston Marathon in 2014.

I feel like the LTE pace has been torrid lately. Have we made up any ground on Beer or are we still eating suds?

I recall dunking being an issue for a 40 year old Shamrog. Is that the name he used here?

Add him to the list of the departed but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I feel like the LTE pace has been torrid lately. Have we made up any ground on Beer or are we still eating suds?
    Yes, we have made up some ground over the past month. If we get 5 more posts before they get any, we will cut the lead to under 2000 for the first time in awhile.

Shouldn't that be sipping their suds?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Depending on the brew, the suds may be the best part.

I ain't sippin' no suds!

Yes. That was definitely a foam pas on my end!

Yes. That was definitely a foam pas on my end!
    I love it when the puns bubble to the top.

I love it when the puns bubble to the top.
    Puns are definitely good for what ales ya!

I wonder if YMo also drinks water with his puns?

Speaking of puns, I very much appreciate my old Texas friends posting about how they survived Snovid-21.

Isn't the beer thread using Basketball game virtual pub sessions to run up the participation numbers? Either we figure a counter strategy or accept our reality until late March.

Of course, my info could be wrong/dated - as whatever loyalty I might have tilts LTE. I.e., I don't really know what's going on over there. Unlike the rest of you, I still have a day job.