Page 1752 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 75212521652170217421750175117521753175417621802185222522752 ... LastLast
Results 35,021 to 35,040 of 67382
    I could use some hot chocolate.

Does soup really make a meal?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Does soup really make a meal?
    If you eat it out of the bowl I use it does.

So, I asked Alexa to play Jesus Christ Superstar. What emanated was a 2005 remaster of the 1996 Broadway cast. I grew up on the CD and movie that had Ted Neeley in the title role, Carl Anderson as Judas, with Yvonne Elimon as Mary. Was I right to tell Alexa to stop?
    I’m an original cast album guy on this. Wore the grooves out.

Pretty sure it was the London cast, not Broadway. It rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m an original cast album guy on this. Wore the grooves out.

Pretty sure it was the London cast, not Broadway. It rocks.
    I checked my CD(bought it in late 80s). It is the original concept album released in 1970 with Murray Head as Judas and Ian Gillian as Jesus. I had the wrong people for a few decades.

I checked my CD(bought it in late 80s). It is the original concept album released in 1970 with Murray Head as Judas and Ian Gillian as Jesus. I had the wrong people for a few decades.
    Ian was the lead singer of Deep Purple FWIW. Big in my era.

I much prefer that version to the movie soundtrack, but whatever you grew up on is what you like i suspect.

Sometimes I giggle when I post and my wife looks at me with suspicion in her eyes.

Boil water notice ended, woohoo!

Boil water notice ended, woohoo!
    Bottoms up!

-jk

Weird, no Ymm, water thread.

Weird, no Ymm, water thread.
    We watched one episode of a travel show with the guy from Neighbors and Bay Watch. He was skipping around with some “guru” and they went to a water tasting. It was the most interesting thing in a otherwise bad episode. The actor and the “guru” were very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We watched one episode of a travel show with the guy from Neighbors and Bay Watch. He was skipping around with some “guru” and they went to a water tasting. It was the most interesting thing in a otherwise bad episode. The actor and the “guru” were very annoying.
    My wife likes watching Baywacth/Neighbors guy in stuff where he isn't wearing a shirt. Honestly so do I.

Reading the Vaccine thread and Aimo discussed a nurse who administered the flu shot to her and it was this nurse's first time sticking someone. Shaky the Nurse coming at you is scary. I worked NICU for years and would get called to the ER or ICU on the adult side for particularly difficult arterial blood gases. I once caught the needle on the patient's bed rail in the ER as I was approaching to stick. The syringe flipped out of my hand and hit the wall. In case anyone is wondering, this is not something that inspires confidence in the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Reading the Vaccine thread and Aimo discussed a nurse who administered the flu shot to her and it was this nurse's first time sticking someone. Shaky the Nurse coming at you is scary. I worked NICU for years and would get called to the ER or ICU on the adult side for particularly difficult arterial blood gases. I once caught the needle on the patient's bed rail in the ER as I was approaching to stick. The syringe flipped out of my hand and hit the wall. In case anyone is wondering, this is not something that inspires confidence in the patient.
    Somehow, the Tim Conway dentist skit flashed into my head. Loved that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Somehow, the Tim Conway dentist skit flashed into my head. Loved that guy!
    Apt comparison. The problem is I still had to stick this guy. He was shaking. I was trying to explain that normally I am super calm and have a steady hand (it's important to lie in these situations) while trying to soothe my own wounded ego.

Would like to clarify, this was no nurse. This was a child in training. She did not look old enough to be a nurse or even an LPN, yet.

Your story reminds me of a study I was coordinating and we were trying to find phlebotomists to cover all the appointments. One of the Primary Investigators, an MD, offered his services. I cringed at the idea of his drawing blood, but we were desperate. I really felt bad for those patients.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Would like to clarify, this was no nurse. This was a child in training. She did not look old enough to be a nurse or even an LPN, yet.

Your story reminds me of a study I was coordinating and we were trying to find phlebotomists to cover all the appointments. One of the Primary Investigators, an MD, offered his services. I cringed at the idea of his drawing blood, but we were desperate. I really felt bad for those patients.
    Yes. I was once in a code where the doctor was doing compressions and I had to find a very polite way to say that it was probably better for everyone, especially the baby, if we did the actual work and the physician organized things. Luckily we were good friends. People think that ER and Grey's Anatomy are representative of medicine and it's much closer to Scrubs.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ok, so, Arrow's orthopedic surgeon came in on Friday and thought he'd just go ahead and get the IV started to save the resident the trouble. Arrow's main medical anxiety is getting IVs put in. It did not go well, but it wasn't a complete disaster. Arrow was a trooper and doc gave up after one attempt. When he claimed that he used to put those things in all the time as a resident, I replied, "Of course you did, that's what residents are for!" The anesthesiology resident came in a few minutes later and got the needle in without Arrow even noticing (we did have several Emla patches on him at the time). It took her about 5 seconds.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My wife likes watching Baywacth/Neighbors guy in stuff where he isn't wearing a shirt. Honestly so do I.
    Ok, you made me go to imdb to figure out who you were talking about. I prefer the Outlander actor with his shirt off, but the Baywatch/Neighbors guy ain't bad (he's just too young). I am not old enough to be the Outlander actor's mother . . .

My problem with Outlander though, << Spoiler Alert>> what really, is the reason to keep the show going once the two main characters reunite? And there are 3 1/2 more seasons after that, so far. It becomes too repetitive. A needs to rescue B or B needs to rescue A and I'm not interested so I've stopped watching. There are also cringe moments earlier than that where I'm like, modern character that has traveled through time, I get it, but if you're going to get along in the 18th century - learn something and maybe once in awhile mold yourself a tiny bit to the customs of the time. You cause a heckuva lot of unnecessary trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Ok, you made me go to imdb to figure out who you were talking about. I prefer the Outlander actor with his shirt off, but the Baywatch/Neighbors guy ain't bad (he's just too young). I am not old enough to be the Outlander actor's mother . . .

My problem with Outlander though, << Spoiler Alert>> what really, is the reason to keep the show going once the two main characters reunite? And there are 3 1/2 more seasons after that, so far. It becomes too repetitive. A needs to rescue B or B needs to rescue A and I'm not interested so I've stopped watching. There are also cringe moments earlier than that where I'm like, modern character that has traveled through time, I get it, but if you're going to get along in the 18th century - learn something and maybe once in awhile mold yourself a tiny bit to the customs of the time. You cause a heckuva lot of unnecessary trouble.
    My wife liked that show the absolute most and I'm fairly certain she watched it on mute.