Page 1713 of 2389 FirstFirst ... 7131213161316631703171117121713171417151723176318132213 ... LastLast
Results 34,241 to 34,260 of 47767
  1. #34241
    This is at least obliquely related to today's discussion: when I place a to-go order for myself and they give me three or four sets of plastic ware, assuming it's a group order, should I be flattered or offended? It's definitely one of those.

  2. #34242
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This is at least obliquely related to today's discussion: when I place a to-go order for myself and they give me three or four sets of plastic ware, assuming it's a group order, should I be flattered or offended? It's definitely one of those.
    Our sushi place must think I’m feeding a baseball team. I think they’re judging me when I tell them “2” but they take my money.

  3. #34243
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Our sushi place must think I’m feeding a baseball team. I think they’re judging me when I tell them “2” but they take my money.
    I have not had a candy bar, slice of pizza, biscuit, roll, bun of any sort, doughnut, slice of cake or pie in 6 years. But I eat sushi. I'm only flesh and blood and not a machine.

  4. #34244
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You take that back right now. It really is probably no exaggeration that I eat 4500 calories a day because I am Keto. My toppings of choice on said hot dog are chili, slaw, onion and mustard. What those of us raised in the South would term "all the way". The bun is not an integral part of a hot dog. It is merely a delivery device. The star of a hotdog is the toppings. This all reflects very badly on you that I have to explain it. I'm willing to overlook it but...it does push me close to the edge (It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under). I will say that Budwom appears to have some eating game. The rest of you I have hope for, but it is waning.
    A hot dog is merely a delivery device for catsup and mustard...

  5. #34245
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have not had a candy bar, slice of pizza, biscuit, roll, bun of any sort, doughnut, slice of cake or pie in 6 years. But I eat sushi. I'm only flesh and blood and not a machine.
    That’s intense.

  6. #34246
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s intense.
    I just ate a 4 egg steak, Swiss, mushroom and onion omelet with a side of sausage AND a side of bacon and sautéed spinach. I'm not suffering.

  7. #34247
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    But I eat sushi.
    Sashimi is the more natural dining pleasure. But then one could argue it is merely a delivery system for soy sauce and wasabi.

  8. #34248
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sashimi is the more natural dining pleasure. But then one could argue it is merely a delivery system for soy sauce and wasabi.
    So I agree with this. I never thought I would like sashimi. It is impossibly delicious.

  9. #34249
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I just ate a 4 egg steak, Swiss, mushroom and onion omelet with a side of sausage AND a side of bacon and sautéed spinach. I'm not suffering.
    No. That’s intense, too. Are you following a specific diet plan? I seem to recall you can squat thrust a baby elephant so you’re after a lot of protein.

  10. #34250
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    While we're lobbing hot take grenades all over the place...

    A hot dog should not have ketchup on it.
    A hot dog is also a sandwich.

    Fight me.

  11. #34251
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    No. That’s intense, too. Are you following a specific diet plan? I seem to recall you can squat thrust a baby elephant so you’re after a lot of protein.
    I'm 5 foot 8 + 170 lb so I would say I am fairly strong for a person of my size. The plan is force eat as much meat as I want and force feed myself green vegetables. I get in 20000 + steps per day and five hundred push-ups per day. Takes a lot of energy. I usually do 2 meals a day and eat only in an 8 hour time block.

  12. #34252
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    While we're lobbing hot take grenades all over the place...

    A hot dog should not have ketchup on it.
    A hot dog is also a sandwich.

    Fight me.
    I can meet you halfway. Ketchup ruins a good hot dog.

    My youngest can meet you for the other half.

  13. #34253
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    While we're lobbing hot take grenades all over the place...

    A hot dog should not have ketchup on it.
    A hot dog is also a sandwich.

    Fight me.
    You’re one of THEM?!?!

  14. #34254
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    There is some kind of female sparrow outside my window right now that is not a house sparrow.

  15. #34255
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm 5 foot 8 + 170 lb so I would say I am fairly strong for a person of my size. The plan is force eat as much meat as I want and force feed myself green vegetables. I get in 20000 + steps per day and five hundred push-ups per day. Takes a lot of energy. I usually do 2 meals a day and eat only in an 8 hour time block.
    Wow. That is a lot of push ups but not Charles Servizio level.

    From wiki:
    Charles Servizio (born September 5, 1950, in Lynn, Massachusetts) is a retired teacher who taught Dalen Hargett, best known for setting a world record in push-ups on April 25, 1993: 46,001 pushups in 24 hours.

  16. #34256
    So - Heinz or Hunts?

  17. #34257
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So - Heinz or Hunts?
    My mother says that Heinz "tastes funny," (too sweet, she says) so I grew up with Hunt's only. Now, I pretty much buy whatever. I don't eat a ton of ketchup, although I do find it indispensable on certain dishes at certain times.

  18. #34258
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    If you are reading my most recent post as a thinly veiled attempt at avoiding the food fight, you are correct.

  19. #34259
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You’re one of THEM?!?!
    Nor a Jack Sparrow.

  20. #34260
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    If you are reading my most recent post as a thinly veiled attempt at avoiding the food fight, you are correct.
    Does the sparrow look like it might taste better with ketchup or mustard?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •