Page 1703 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 70312031603165316931701170217031704170517131753180322032703 ... LastLast
Results 34,041 to 34,060 of 67384
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Someone please spork this poster, for a Ludacris reference cannot be ignored and I regret that I cannot spork.

We are besties again.
    Everything in my life can be connected to old rap and hip-hop lyrics, Classic Country lyrics and American literature. We have a work hotline and I'm either famous or infamous for quoting Young Jeezy when doctors call me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

We are besties again.
    Yeah I'm back in. I wish I knew how to quit you.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Billy Dean did a fantastic cover in the 90s. Great song. As far as jellies go, grape is easily the best. But jellies are not as delicious as preserves. Prove me wrong.
    Common ground, I agree grape is easily the best of the jellies.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Common ground, I agree grape is easily the best of the jellies.
    Do you also agree Jelly is the most plebian of spreadable fruit options?

Everything in my life can be connected to old rap and hip-hop lyrics, Classic Country lyrics and American literature. We have a work hotline and I'm either famous or infamous for quoting Young Jeezy when doctors call me.
    Define old and classic in these scenarios? While I like Ludacris I'm not sure I would put him in the old rap and hip-hop category. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, certainly. But then I don't have kids so not up to date on the current stuff.

I lived up the street from Johnny Cash in Hendersonville,TN at the end of the 90s and Glen Campbell used to pull into full service at a friend's father's Exxon in Phoenix, AZ in the mid to late 80s.* For me they represent classic country...

*I bagged Alice Cooper's groceries on multiple occasions when I worked at Smitty's at Tatum and Shea during that era. Ahhh, the joys of after school jobs at minimum wage.

This whole thing is revealing my age. No one has heard of these folks these days.

Do you also agree Jelly is the most plebian of spreadable fruit options?
    I reserve marmalade for when I have Eggs Benedict. Jelly goes on the toast when I'm having scrambled eggs.

I assume everyone concurs on maple syrup.

Define old and classic in these scenarios? While I like Ludacris I'm not sure I would put him in the old rap and hip-hop category. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, certainly. But then I don't have kids so not up to date on the current stuff.

I lived up the street from Johnny Cash in Hendersonville,TN at the end of the 90s and Glen Campbell used to pull into full service at a friend's father's Exxon in Phoenix, AZ in the mid to late 80s.* For me they represent classic country...

*I bagged Alice Cooper's groceries on multiple occasions when I worked at Smitty's at Tatum and Shea during that era. Ahhh, the joys of after school jobs at minimum wage.

This whole thing is revealing my age. No one has heard of these folks these days.
    The best of country music includes Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Patsy Cline.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I assume everyone concurs on maple syrup.
    That the best comes from Vermont and not Quebec?

I would say Ludacris is "informed" by old school rap. Therefore I find him old school adjacent. I define old school rap/hip hop as pre-2000(ish). For classic country I would say 1970s (50s and 60s were great, but country grew out of those eras rather than achieving it's zenith during those years) through about 1995. I was a HUGE Garth fan when he first came onto the scene, but I blame him for the crapulent "pop country" era we are in today. It's an abomination. Jelly is fine on toast (the most base of all bread options), but biscuits are the Lord's bread and deserve more.

Peach Jam!

That the best comes from Vermont and not Quebec?
    Just that there are no acceptable alternatives...our Quebec brethren do a pretty good job I'll say (maintaining the world's maple syrup cartel)...except for https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016...le-syrup-heist

the "Lufthansa heist of the syrup world." That was a doozy. Tabernac!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Just that there are no acceptable alternatives...our Quebec brethren do a pretty good job I'll say (maintaining the world's maple syrup cartel)...except for https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016...le-syrup-heist

the "Lufthansa heist of the syrup world." That was a doozy. Tabernac!
    Hot take. Maple syrup is overrated.
    🔥🍁

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Classic Country is Hank Thompson, Hank Williams, Patsy Cine, and Loretta Lynn. You could maybe, just maybe, talk me into including George Jones. Maybe.

Crunchy peanut butter is better, but, when I'm eating peanut butter on celery stalks, I prefer to use creamy. Also, potato candy requires creamy peanut butter.

I have issued a personal 30 day ban on myself from twitter. I got into a twitter battle over affordable housing, of all things, and realized that the pandemic has gotten to me. I am not inviting comments so as not to get PPB, but I don't view turning a single family row house into 8 "affordable" studio apartments as creating new housing, I view it as turning one type of housing into another type of housing even if a few more people can live in the 8 studio apartment than lived in the row house. (I also object to the term "affordable", I think "affordable" really mean "cheap enough to attract young professionals who haven't gotten their first pay raise just yet", but that's really getting PPB so I'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Classic Country is Hank Thompson, Hank Williams, Patsy Cine, and Loretta Lynn. You could maybe, just maybe, talk me into including George Jones. Maybe.
    I would go Old Possum, Waylon, Willie (and the boys), Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, The Judds (my country hot take) and my personal favorite: Don Williams. Listening to Das Efx as we speak. If I were a book report, I would be a study in contrasts.

Hot take. Maple syrup is overrated.
    🔥🍁
    Pistols at dawn!

Meanwhile, I'm glad I saw that big goat before I hit him, he was a lunker.

I have issued a personal 30 day ban on myself from twitter. I got into a twitter battle over affordable housing, of all things, and realized that the pandemic has gotten to me. I am not inviting comments so as not to get PPB, but I don't view turning a single family row house into 8 "affordable" studio apartments as creating new housing, I view it as turning one type of housing into another type of housing even if a few more people can live in the 8 studio apartment than lived in the row house. (I also object to the term "affordable", I think "affordable" really mean "cheap enough to attract young professionals who haven't gotten their first pay raise just yet", but that's really getting PPB so I'll stop.
    Are you allowed to appeal the ban?

Not to get into details, but two years ago a neighbor of ours decided he wanted to build a four unit apartment building on our road which is zoned for only one family units...took two years and tons of acrimony to have the state Supreme Court decide the matter, it got ugly. So I understand the passions that can be aroused, I truly do.