Page 1694 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 69411941594164416841692169316941695169617041744179421942694 ... LastLast
Results 33,861 to 33,880 of 67402
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am not a big marinate guy, usually either a dry bbq rub or rub in olive oil and then fresh Italian herbs with pepper and salt. Open to any good marinate recipes though.
    Same here. Salt, pepper, garlic, some chili powder or cumin maybe. I am a huge fan of rosemary. I would say rubbed sage too, but I don't want to get an infraction for being overly suggestive with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Uh oh. The 1718 Brewery on Ocracoke happens to be closed for February. Whoopsies.
    But there’s still beer on the island, right? Right?!?!

Uh oh. The 1718 Brewery on Ocracoke happens to be closed for February. Whoopsies.
    Jumping in the car and headed home?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Same here. Salt, pepper, garlic, some chili powder or cumin maybe. I am a huge fan of rosemary. I would say rubbed sage too, but I don't want to get an infraction for being overly suggestive with him.
    Rosemary and garlic are great matches to pork or (especially) lamb.

Sage, rubbed correctly, does not grouse. Or at least that's what the internet says.

(Okay, not really sure what that last part means but it's what my fingers typed.)

Jumping in the car and headed home?
    Gonna be a looooong 26 more days!

Honestly, they also have some of the best food on the island. I guess I'll save money!

Sage, rubbed correctly, does not grouse. Or at least that's what the internet says.

(Okay, not really sure what that last part means but it's what my fingers typed.)
    I support it whatever it meant and I also reported you. Perv.

I am not a big marinate guy, usually either a dry bbq rub or rub in olive oil and then fresh Italian herbs with pepper and salt. Open to any good marinate recipes though.
    Yes, we often do that and I suspect that's what we'll opt for...I have done the teriyaki thing a few times, but you have to watch out for the burned sugar effect...

Ew.

(‘Ew’ was too short for the DBR filters so I’m typing this).

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Ew.

(‘Ew’ was too short for the DBR filters so I’m typing this).
    But we know YmoBeThere will turn against me...he's my nemesis.

Ginger Lime Marinade for Chicken

1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (I will just slice thinly as the blender/processor takes care of it. Have also used the grated ginger available in a tube at Aldi depending on my laziness and its availability)
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 lime zest

Mix all ingredients together with hand held blender or food processor. Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours then grill or bake.

Used this recipe for my night of dinner on a family trip to Michigan and have repeated it many times. Also have done this as the first meal on mission trips - taking the marinating chicken in the cooler. Got great reactions - especially from adults that were on a trip where we prepared all the meals for the first time. They said it upped the quality of food. It is now a go to recipe for me. I've done the chicken on the grill and baked - prefer grilled but both are good.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Ginger Lime Marinade for Chicken

1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (I will just slice thinly as the blender/processor takes care of it. Have also used the grated ginger available in a tube at Aldi depending on my laziness and its availability)
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 lime zest

Mix all ingredients together with hand held blender or food processor. Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours then grill or bake.

Used this recipe for my night of dinner on a family trip to Michigan and have repeated it many times. Also have done this as the first meal on mission trips - taking the marinating chicken in the cooler. Got great reactions - especially from adults that were on a trip where we prepared all the meals for the first time. They said it upped the quality of food. It is now a go to recipe for me. I've done the chicken on the grill and baked - prefer grilled but both are good.
    Excellent, thanks! I have some chicken breasts at home and was not sure what to do with them besides the usual handful of tricks. Will pick up some limes and a ginger root tonight, and then let it marinate until tomorrow's dinner. (Can it marinate for a day? Should not be enough citrus to "cook" the meat like a ceviche but perhaps I'm wrong).

I bet that would work well on shrimp too.

Excellent, thanks! I have some chicken breasts at home and was not sure what to do with them besides the usual handful of tricks. Will pick up some limes and a ginger root tonight, and then let it marinate until tomorrow's dinner. (Can it marinate for a day? Should not be enough citrus to "cook" the meat like a ceviche but perhaps I'm wrong).

I bet that would work great on shrimp as well.
    It should be fine. I have often started marinating it the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It should be fine. I have often started marinating it the night before.
    Thanks!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I made the crew chocolate chip pancakes this morning as a Snow Day Surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I snatched up the jumbo two pack of Costco pork tenderloins yesterday on my heroic trip around the county...want to marinate some soon, have you any suggestions? (the grill is standing by)...
    Years ago I bought a bunch of char siu flavoring packets for use with pork tenderloins from a local Asian food store. It even had red food dye incorporated.

Shots fired.
    The stomach wants what the stomach wants.

I guess I'll save money!
    This has been my pandemic mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I made the crew chocolate chip pancakes this morning as a Snow Day Surprise!
    I endorse this message.

We didn't get all that much snow. Boston pretty much completely dodged the big storm. I'm just west of Boston and we got 6-8 inches but it was interspersed with some freezing rain, so, icy but not too much accumulation on the roads.

Boston Globe says Newton got 7.5 inches. I have learned to eyeball snow amounts fairly well after a few dozen New England winters.