Page 169 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 691191591671681691701711792192696691169 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 67749
    I've seen 3 of the Top 5 and likely won't ever see the other two...or any others from the Top 8. I may see Caspian of the Top 10.

Thumbs down Top Grossing Olympic Moments

I don't go to many Top Grossing Movies.

But last night, I saw a Chinese gymnast after performing on the parallel bars picking splinters/scab/skin from a bloody wound that the bars opened up.

That was gross. So was the decision by NBC to stay on the situation and try for a close-up.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Without giving away what's going on, the US men's gymnastics team on the high bar is absolutely SICK. The Chinese men on the rings are incredible. Maybe not worthy of its own thread, so I put it here in the LTE... why not?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I think the mods have said at some point that a different thread for each Olympic sport that people wish to discuss is OK but that they did not want them all on the EK forum. Great, now we'll see a thread on archery, rifle, rowing, curling (oh, wait, wrong Olympics).

lte

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    TMI = Too Much Information.
    Thanks! In the context, I woulda thought TMTOYH would have been better (too much time on your hands)

lte

I see in the Top Grossing Movies thread, that I am way behind the summer movie curve; I've only seen 1 (Iron Man) of the top 5! Is anyone else similarly situated?

It's not that I don't want to see them, it's just when summer weekend nights roll around, I can usually think of better places to be than a dark movie theater.
    We are likewise movie-deprived having seen just one of the top 10 and that was Sunday night at the local IMAX when we saw The Dark Knight.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    We are likewise movie-deprived having seen just one of the top 10 and that was Sunday night at the local IMAX when we saw The Dark Knight.
    I usually take my gang to the Sunday matinee to save money. We don't go to many movies, but we did see Iron Man and Dark Knight. To get them to go see anything other than an action / sci-fi flick is near impossible. (two teenage boys). I could probably take my wife to one of the other movies, but she equates doing anything without my step-sons as child abuse.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think the mods have said at some point that a different thread for each Olympic sport that people wish to discuss is OK but that they did not want them all on the EK forum. Great, now we'll see a thread on archery, rifle, rowing, curling (oh, wait, wrong Olympics).
    That would be like the plethora of Ymm threads.

In an attempt to reduce the excess threads that would develop, I hope that the mods would develop an Olympic Misc Sports (A-L) thread. That would do justice for Gymnastics, field hockey, and handball. An Olympic Misc Sports (M-Z) would hold water polo, weightlifting, and sailing.

I hope Track and Field/Athletics will have its own thread.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I see in the Top Grossing Movies thread, that I am way behind the summer movie curve; I've only seen 1 (Iron Man) of the top 5! Is anyone else similarly situated?

It's not that I don't want to see them, it's just when summer weekend nights roll around, I can usually think of better places to be than a dark movie theater.
    I haven't read the thread so I'm not sure what the top 5 are but I can safely say that my number is 0 since I haven't been to a movie this summer.

Do Rescue!

A brief diversion from the Olympics -

Last night driving home, two yorkies ran if front of my car. Luckily, I was able to stop. I got out to move them off the road, and they stayed out of my reach. Two other people stopped and we were finally able to corral them. We had traffic backed up in both directions, but the dogs were safe!

They had no collars, and we didn't know what else to do so we called 911. While waiting for the police, a friend of the dog owners happened by. Apparently the dogs escaped 2 and a half hours earlier and a search party was out looking.

The friend took the dogs and we all went on our way. Don't you love a happy ending?

Actually, I'm not sure they were yorkies. They were terrier like dogs, looked like a yorkie but were pure white.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    A brief diversion from the Olympics -

Last night driving home, two yorkies ran if front of my car. Luckily, I was able to stop. I got out to move them off the road, and they stayed out of my reach. Two other people stopped and we were finally able to corral them. We had traffic backed up in both directions, but the dogs were safe!

They had no collars, and we didn't know what else to do so we called 911. While waiting for the police, a friend of the dog owners happened by. Apparently the dogs escaped 2 and a half hours earlier and a search party was out looking.

The friend took the dogs and we all went on our way. Don't you love a happy ending?

Actually, I'm not sure they were yorkies. They were terrier like dogs, looked like a yorkie but were pure white.
    That's great! I bet you feel wonderful. It always breaks my heart when I see a missing pet sign posted somewhere. One of my cats got out for two weeks. I was sure she was lost until I woke up one morning, locked the door behind me on the way out and saw a sign that said "I have your cat!". I was so happy; one of the best days of my life. I'm glad you had a happy ending too!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Very cool. Earned your brownie points for the day!

Happy Endings

My boys ran off from my brother one cold November night. We were at a wedding and he was home with his sleeping children, so he could not leave to find them. We could not hear our cell phones. So several hours later, we arrive home and my mother says "Your dogs are gone." Absolute panick followed. My dad and I started walking the neighborhood while my brother drove around. My little chihuahuas ended up at least 1/2 mile away probably trying to find me - one with the dog catcher and one with a neighbor. My parents live on a very busy street, so it was lucky that they did not get run over. My brother drove around and luckily spotted both the dog catcher and the neighbor holding Cisco and brought them home. Of course I did not have their dog tags with me, but the dog catcher was nice enough to let me off the hook with a fax from the vet. Needless to say, no one lets them out without a leash anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Very cool. Earned your brownie points for the day!
    My karma moved a notch or two in the plus direction, but I might still be digging out of a karma deficit.

Now my fear is that by publicly disclosing the dog event I've incurred more negative karma.

Can one buy karma?

I did that a few years ago; a month later I had umbillical hernia surgery.

Ymo: TMI?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I don't think I need to worry too much about that. This was more like a big, juicy, mutant booger.
    Well, if boogers were mammals (if you catch my drift).
    I think it might have something to do with the 48 hours of hangover/Wii-induced post-birthday slovenliness.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I don't think I need to worry too much about that. This was more like a big, juicy, mutant booger.
    Well, if boogers were mammals (if you catch my drift).
    I think it might have something to do with the 48 hours of hangover/Wii-induced post-birthday slovenliness.
    Why did you smell it? Why not taste it?

^^ O.k.! So anyway, so is it raining anywhere else? It's raining here. We got about an inch I think. Maybe two.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    ^^ O.k.! So anyway, so is it raining anywhere else? It's raining here. We got about an inch I think. Maybe two.
    Today's high in Lexington is supposedly 82. Cloudy, no rain.

Please ship the rain to Georgia.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Today's high in Lexington is supposedly 82. Cloudy, no rain.

Please ship the rain to Georgia.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    No rain in CT today. Very nice, sunny, slight breeze, puffy cumulus clouds. Chilly tonight, hot tamale.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    That is funny!