Page 1687 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 68711871587163716771685168616871688168916971737178721872687 ... LastLast
Results 33,721 to 33,740 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Exactly.
    For the last 10 years of my career Working at the bedside I worked every Friday, Saturday and Sunday So we would have Coverage for the children Since my wife work during the week. The last 5 Years of this I Got a second job So that I worked every weekend In Our neonatal Intensive Care Unit and travelled every third week to NICUS around the country where I either spoke at conferences or Acted as a Consultant for the Physicians, respiratory therapists, nurse practitioners and nurses. It is no exaggeration To say Those weeks were 100-plus hour weeks. I am thrilled to have one job now And to never Have to work weekends unless there is An emergency With A baby in my Area .

In other news, I may have put too many chocolate chips in my chocolate chip pancakes.

In other news, I may have put too many chocolate chips in my chocolate chip pancakes.
    Perhaps not enough batter?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    For the last 10 years of my career Working at the bedside I worked every Friday, Saturday and Sunday So we would have Coverage for the children Since my wife work during the week. The last 5 Years of this I Got a second job So that I worked every weekend In Our neonatal Intensive Care Unit and travelled every third week to NICUS around the country where I either spoke at conferences or Acted as a Consultant for the Physicians, respiratory therapists, nurse practitioners and nurses. It is no exaggeration To say Those weeks were 100-plus hour weeks. I am thrilled to have one job now And to never Have to work weekends unless there is An emergency With A baby in my Area .
    The Yin and Yang of the LTE.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I just killed it in my audition for Tartuffe. I know from experience that doesn't always translate into getting cast, but, I've never been cast when I didn't kill it in auditions, so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I was in Tartuffe in high school! Fun play. In retrospect, I'm surprised they picked it. We did Spring Awakenings, too. Similarly surprised. I guess the parents who complained about the books and the humanities classes didn't come watch the plays.
    I also did Tartuffe in high school, and I echo y'all's comments about theater content. It always felt fun to get away with that stuff in certain spaces in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The Yin and Yang of the LTE.

-jk
    I tend to think of it as all the news that's fit to print and some that isn't.

I have a $10 dollar bill from 1934 and a $5 from 1963. Neither are in good enough shape to be worth more than face value. Yet, I've held on to them for a couple decades.

I tend to think of it as all the news that's fit to print and some that isn't.
    Others might call it a pre-game warm up.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I am as pedantic as a mug. My phone has installed an update which fails to recognize Proper nouns for some reason. But I am hiking and I am not going to kill myself To fix the Abhorrent Lack of Understanding Of what constitutes a proper noun. I am so angry. I apologize that this is distracting.

I'm not sure How to classify it on a likelihood scale, but your argument sounds reasonable and compelling. I agree that Many who Believe He was Completely uninvolved are operating Under the assumption That Those who believed he was the sole author are the ones who have to prove Their Theory, And that Simply isn't the way This works. Since these works are already attributed to Shakespeare, the onus for Proving The Works Were authored by Someone else Is on those Who believe that to be true. You have to operate under the assumption That He wrote them until absolutely proven otherwise. The most compelling arguments for Him at least Having assistance are The Ways that female characters are depicted (Which is so Different from his contemporaries) And his Italianate Influences . Perhaps There was a Better Working knowledge of Italy, and especially Classical Italian History Because the Renaissance Moved From Italy Towards The rest of Europe And Italian Cultural hegemony Was so pervasive That even Someone who had not Traveled to Italy Had a Significant working knowledge Of Italian History. But The subject of the article's Italian heritage, Intricate working knowledge of The Royal Court And proximity To the orbit of Shakespeare Is at least suggestive that if he Had a collaborator, It Could have been her.
    She had even traveled to Denmark and stayed in Elsinore Castle!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Effects of the pandemic: As I mentioned before, I chaperoned middle schoolers on a trip to England and Scotland in the summer of 2013. I absolutely fell in love with Edinburgh and knew as soon as I left that I wanted to come back. I have a pinky swear deal with a fellow theater artist to go to the Edinburgh Festival with her when that is a thing again. But that's not the end of it, I have decided that I am finally going to have a semester abroad. I looked into studying abroad when I was at Duke. There were no programs for math majors and had I chosen to spend a semester abroad, I would not have been able to graduate in 4 years. The next step was to look at summer programs and my parents' reaction was - wherever you can afford to go. In other words, they wouldn't be paying for it. I went to Montreal for a month. Duke had a program with the Universite de Montreal, so, the coursework was in French and I will argue that Montreal is the most European feeling city in North America, but still, it was study abroad light.

So, my plan, when it becomes possible to do such a thing again, is to find a way to live in Scotland for 6-9 months. I'm not really planning to study anything. I'm thinking of it more as a sabbatical.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Effects of the pandemic: As I mentioned before, I chaperoned middle schoolers on a trip to England and Scotland in the summer of 2013. I absolutely fell in love with Edinburgh and knew as soon as I left that I wanted to come back. I have a pinky swear deal with a fellow theater artist to go to the Edinburgh Festival with her when that is a thing again. But that's not the end of it, I have decided that I am finally going to have a semester abroad. I looked into studying abroad when I was at Duke. There were no programs for math majors and had I chosen to spend a semester abroad, I would not have been able to graduate in 4 years. The next step was to look at summer programs and my parents' reaction was - wherever you can afford to go. In other words, they wouldn't be paying for it. I went to Montreal for a month. Duke had a program with the Universite de Montreal, so, the coursework was in French and I will argue that Montreal is the most European feeling city in North America, but still, it was study abroad light.

So, my plan, when it becomes possible to do such a thing again, is to find a way to live in Scotland for 6-9 months. I'm not really planning to study anything. I'm thinking of it more as a sabbatical.
    I married a Scot (well, she’s one of ours now) so we get there every few years. She comes from a small people and I’m of a big people and I’ve found their perception of what I should eat and drink greatly exceeds my capacity. I try not to disappoint them though.

Manual or automatic?
    Automatic - bottom of the line Chevy Biscayne, at the time probably the least interesting automobile ever made. (It's a classic now, but was definitely a piece of crap back then.) I remember when my grandfather came home with it - his "first new car" - and my excitement immediately melting into a pool of massive disappointment -- I wasn't going to impress any dates going out in that ugly boat.

I married a Scot (well, she’s one of ours now) so we get there every few years. She comes from a small people and I’m of a big people and I’ve found their perception of what I should eat and drink greatly exceeds my capacity. I try not to disappoint them though.
    There's nothing wrong with anybody that a nice pound of haggis can't fix...I got some of them Scot genes in me as well...have you ever tried the Outer Hebrides? Scottish version of the Outer Banks in a number of ways (that don't involve heat).

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Automatic - bottom of the line Chevy Biscayne, at the time probably the least interesting automobile ever made. (It's a classic now, but was definitely a piece of crap back then.) I remember when my grandfather came home with it - his "first new car" - and my excitement immediately melting into a pool of massive disappointment -- I wasn't going to impress any dates going out in that ugly boat.
    I drove an orange dodge omni hatchback in high school. First gear was stripped, so I had to learn to start in 2nd. If you rolled the windows down some sort of fibers from the ceiling blew into your eyes. Said ceiling was also falling down and drooped close to the passengers' heads. I was forced to develop a personality at a young age. As to whether or not it is a pleasant personality is open to interpretation.

Tomorrow I head to the beach for a month!

I drove an orange dodge omni hatchback in high school. First gear was stripped, so I had to learn to start in 2nd. If you rolled the windows down some sort of fibers from the ceiling blew into your eyes. Said ceiling was also falling down and drooped close to the passengers' heads. I was forced to develop a personality at a young age. As to whether or not it is a pleasant personality is open to interpretation.
    you're reminding me of my 1976 Plymouth Valiant...this was the era when American cars hit rock bottom. The car had a 12,000 mile / one year warranty, the transmission crapped out at 13 months, the engine NEVER ran right (bad design), and
    as in your Omni, one day I was driving down the road and the fabric ceiling fell on my head, nearly blinding me...the arm rest also fell off...otherwise it was a great car.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    There's nothing wrong with anybody that a nice pound of haggis can't fix...I got some of them Scot genes in me as well...have you ever tried the Outer Hebrides? Scottish version of the Outer Banks in a number of ways (that don't involve heat).
    We have not but we have stayed on Skye and Raasay. I assume you can ferry from Skye.

Her family is not far from Glasgow but we’ve gotten pretty comfortable renting a car and cruising around so we explore something new every time we’re over.

I actually like a good Haggis but it can be real bad, too.

We have not but we have stayed on Skye and Raasay. I assume you can ferry from Skye.

Her family is not far from Glasgow but we’ve gotten pretty comfortable renting a car and cruising around so we explore something new every time we’re over.

I actually like a good Haggis but it can be real bad, too.
    yes, big big range on haggis offerings...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    you're reminding me of my 1976 Plymouth Valiant...this was the era when American cars hit rock bottom. The car had a 12,000 mile / one year warranty, the transmission crapped out at 13 months, the engine NEVER ran right (bad design), and
    as in your Omni, one day I was driving down the road and the fabric ceiling fell on my head, nearly blinding me...the arm rest also fell off...otherwise it was a great car.
    Muttering under my breath some crap about building character...