Page 1685 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 68511851585163516751683168416851686168716951735178521852685 ... LastLast
Results 33,681 to 33,700 of 67393
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    In general, I find Zoom theater depressing. I have "attended" a couple of pandemic productions but they don't do it for me and I'm usually left feeling even worse than before I gave it a try, so, I'm steering clear except for events involving very close friends. That said, I find myself auditioning for an online production of Tartuffe tonight, directed by a close friend who has posted some wonderful thoughts on how theater needs to embrace the current medium's strengths better rather than try to make it seem like everything is normal. So, giving it a go as it might be a worthwhile experience and if I'm in it, I won't have to watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Whenever I am in the mood for a psychedelic experience, I pull out a kaleidoscope.
    I picked up the old Viewmaster from my parent's place early last year. Some of the picture reels were from the 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    When has bringing up a topic again ever been wrong on this thread?

Did you have PopTarts this morning?
    No, but I did yesterday. Strawberry, not frosted.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I picked up the old Viewmaster from my parent's place early last year. Some of the picture reels were from the 50s.
    Jealous!! I wish I still had mine!

The hubby is a single malt scotch guy. He is in Maryland this week, back Sunday, back to Maryland next Friday. We will be apart for this birthday and Valentine's Day. Most years, I buy him a single malt for his birthday. This year, I'm thinking I'll be the one to have a scotch in celebration. He's only got Laphroaig on the shelf at the moment, I should probably get him another bottle of something. Usually there are a couple of choices. Talisker is his favorite.
    Two excellent and peaty choices!

And yes, you were missed.

In general, I find Zoom theater depressing. I have "attended" a couple of pandemic productions but they don't do it for me and I'm usually left feeling even worse than before I gave it a try, so, I'm steering clear except for events involving very close friends. That said, I find myself auditioning for an online production of Tartuffe tonight, directed by a close friend who has posted some wonderful thoughts on how theater needs to embrace the current medium's strengths better rather than try to make it seem like everything is normal. So, giving it a go as it might be a worthwhile experience and if I'm in it, I won't have to watch it!
    The pandemic has certainly caused things to be done differently. Our church did a virtual Christmas Pageant - we have some very talented people that put it together. It was a purchased program but the filming and editing was done by church members and staff. Link in case you want to sneak a peak - they even put together outtakes. My favorite line was one of the shepherds saying "Well - that just happened". Here is the link - originally put in the video but it is long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIhCq2s3mzg

The hubby is a single malt scotch guy. He is in Maryland this week, back Sunday, back to Maryland next Friday. We will be apart for this birthday and Valentine's Day. Most years, I buy him a single malt for his birthday. This year, I'm thinking I'll be the one to have a scotch in celebration. He's only got Laphroaig on the shelf at the moment, I should probably get him another bottle of something. Usually there are a couple of choices. Talisker is his favorite.
    Welcome back! I'm fond of Aberlour. Not as peaty, but really nice.

-jk

Jealous!! I wish I still had mine!
    We still have my mom's from waaayy back. And we have reels from the 40s and 50s of the Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy, Lone Ranger, etc. I have mine too. Laverne and Shirley, Happy Days, Welcome Back Cotter, Snoopy.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Welcome back! I'm fond of Aberlour. Not as peaty, but really nice.

-jk
    I like to smell like a camp fire so Lagavulin when I do.

The only time I've ever eaten at an Outback Steakhouse was in Burlington, Vermont.
    Happy to say they're now closed; too many great independently owned dining spots in the Burlington area ...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Happy to say they're now closed; too many great independently owned dining spots in the Burlington area ...
    True, but they weren't open late and the Outback was.

Also, correction, South Burlington.

yes, especially if you weren't staying downtown...not a lot of independent places down Williston Rd. in So. Burlington...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yes, especially if you weren't staying downtown...not a lot of independent places down Williston Rd. in So. Burlington...
    Yes, that's where we were, and it was a compromise choice. Given all considerations, it was a perfectly fine place to have dinner - once.

Yes, that's where we were, and it was a compromise choice. Given all considerations, it was a perfectly fine place to have dinner - once.
    You don’t like deep fried onions?

You and me both, DinK. Although I was often present when others were having their different experiences. I am one of life's designated drivers and have been so since long before we coined the term. BD's here! I can get high/drunk/messed up AF, she'll make sure I get home!
    Same here (most the time). I ended up being the designated driver at my own bachelors party. Probably kept a few people from getting a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    We still have my mom's from waaayy back. And we have reels from the 40s and 50s of the Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy, Lone Ranger, etc. I have mine too. Laverne and Shirley, Happy Days, Welcome Back Cotter, Snoopy.
    We had the Cisco Kid and Hopalong also.

Thank God. She's back.

I wondered if my absence from this thread was noticed. Clemmons noticed and asked me to come back. I had a lot to catch up on. I have been in a weirdly positive funk since the inauguration. Positive because all I really want is a national pandemic plan. Funk because we have just now started on the hard work required to come back from whatever you want to call our current situation. So, it will get better but it isn't better yet and won't be for awhile.
    You were definitely missed. All of the guys on here are basically J. Alfred Prufrock. We are full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse.

Tom Selleck turns 76 today. This makes me sad.

magnum.jpg