Page 1682 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 68211821582163216721680168116821683168416921732178221822682 ... LastLast
Results 33,621 to 33,640 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ^ one needs a competent tour guide for such pursuits. https://aeon.co/essays/how-psychedel...nd-off-despair

Numerous studies are being conducted at prestigious schools and hospitals including NYU, Johns Hopkins and UCLA with terminal cancer patients (among others).

Not worth getting too deeply into this, but much has been written about how Timothy Leary (inadvertently) drove serious research about psychedelics from respectability in the 1960s. Michael Pollan's How To Change Your Mind is a solid book which gets into a lot of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    My first psychedelic was my junior year at college. For my birthday friends gave me a tab of acid and third row tickets to a Return to Forever concert (Stanley Clarke on bass and Chick Corea on keyboards, simply amazing musicians). The music is fantastic of course (in all senses of the word), and doubly so in my state. But halfway through the mike stands start bending like one of those inflatable tube guys, I become convinced the drummer is getting furious at his bandmates and realize that Chick is controlling the world from his keyboard! Then I made my worst mistake -looking behind me and seeing the hundreds (thousands! in my mind) of people who came in after I had sat down, all staring at me and all obviously knowing I was tripping. I had to get out so I convinced my friends to leave with me halfway through the concert.

So then me and my close friend, who is also tripping decide to go on a midnight walk through the grounds of the beautiful Prospect Gardens, accompanied by a stoner classmate (high af, like always, but not on acid). At one point my friend and stoner are getting into a heated argument about a newly released album, my friend attacking and the stoner defending. Finally stoner says “Ok, I’ll admit it has its ups and downs.” My friend immediately replies, “It’s not a matter of topography John — it’s just a I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. album.”

Still one of the funniest lines Ive heard in my lifetime. And one of the great nights of my life.
    Time to start a "Ymmm, psychadelics" thread? Or, maybe it should be, "Whoaaaaa, psychadelics"?

Hey, look over here! Here, here...Poptarts!!!

Enough with the kookie drugs.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Hey, look over here! Here, here...Poptarts!!!

Enough with the kookie drugs.
    I passed by the PopTarts in the aisle at Aldi. Looked but not close enough to see the flavor.

My first psychedelic experience was on Monmouth Ave., just off East Campus. And that's all I have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My first psychedelic experience was on Monmouth Ave., just off East Campus. And that's all I have to say about that.
    many such escapades wound down just down the street at the Toddle House...the crowd in that place at 1 a.m. was wonderful, mixture of cops, hookers, blotto students, like a Star Wars bar without the liquor.

I've come to the conclusion that I had a very different college education from many on this board. I'm such a nerd.

I spent too much time in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Got too swoll?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I had a very different college education from many on this board. I'm such a nerd.
    Ditto! Thank goodness!

Same.

The politicians can't take your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The politicians can't take your guns.
    Sporks for good word play

Got gifted some venison bologna. Nice with a bit of Coleman's Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Got gifted some venison bologna. Nice with a bit of Coleman's Mustard.

Cooked on a Coleman stove?

Cooked on a Coleman stove?
    Probably not. They just take it to a processor.

I like the English mustard though.

I passed by the PopTarts in the aisle at Aldi. Looked but not close enough to see the flavor.
    There's a weird Kraft macaroni with pink candy dye for Valentine's Day that I saw at Harris Teeter. Yikes
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    There's a weird Kraft macaroni with pink candy dye for Valentine's Day that I saw at Harris Teeter. Yikes
    That sounds awful.

Every once in a while, I get a weird craving for Kraft mac and cheese. Usually like good mac and cheese but sometimes it just needs to be the orange stuff - even though I don't remember ever having it as a child.

That sounds awful.

Every once in a while, I get a weird craving for Kraft mac and cheese. Usually like good mac and cheese but sometimes it just needs to be the orange stuff - even though I don't remember ever having it as a child.
    As a kid, I always liked the bigger noodles in white cheese sauce brand. Not sure which brand it was -- I assume it came that way in a can instead of the boil/powder Kraft m&c. But have not had it in 40+ years.

Now, though, I'm sorta craving it.

I have Kraft Mac and Cheese once or twice a year. It was what I grew up with, as others noted every once in a while I get nostalgic.

To me, Kraft mac is like crappy pizza. It's obviously nowhere near as good as the real thing, but sometimes I don't want the artisan pie with the scratch-made crust; I want puckered mystery meat pepperonis on a chewy, bland substrate.
    By the same token, I make a mean homemade mac & cheese, if I do say so, with fancy cheese and bechamel and the whole nine yards, but I also always keep a handful of blue boxes on hand for when I'm just in the mood.