Page 1674 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 67411741574162416641672167316741675167616841724177421742674 ... LastLast
Results 33,461 to 33,480 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If weezie approves of this, it become law! Who would go against weezie & OPK?
    Well, plenty of folks have had and will have problems with me but I imagine OPK is a paragon of hail-fellow-well-met-itude.

And, on the turkey as meat issue, I stand with the him. OPK, that is. AKA, "King Turkey," shall we say...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Well, plenty of folks have had and will have problems with me but I imagine OPK is a paragon of hail-fellow-well-met-itude.

And, on the turkey as meat issue, I stand with the him. OPK, that is. AKA, "King Turkey," shall we say...
    Take thy beak from out my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

I’ll be sending you an extra heaping of mashed potatoes when I ship them out near Thanksgiving. On the house.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’ll be sending you an extra heaping of mashed potatoes when I ship them out near Thanksgiving. On the house.
    I don't eat them because they are carbs, but the Pioneer Woman mashed potatoes are my go to recipe and my family loves them. So what if I fantasize about Ree and Ladd! I'm not a freak! You're a freak!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I don't eat them because they are carbs, but the Pioneer Woman mashed potatoes are my go to recipe and my family loves them. So what if I fantasize about Ree and Ladd! I'm not a freak! You're a freak!
    Well, I am the one with the allegedly unhealthy obsession with Lovey Howell. . . .

Well, I am the one with the allegedly unhealthy obsession with Lovey Howell. . . .
    Yeah. Yes. Yep.

Everybody was Kung-fu fighting.

Last night, I had the noodle dream.

Last night, I had the noodle dream.
    Is that anything like the Noodle Incident?

https://calvinandhobbes.fandom.com/wiki/Noodle_Incident

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Is that anything like the Noodle Incident?

https://calvinandhobbes.fandom.com/wiki/Noodle_Incident
    I still miss Calvin and Hobbes!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I still miss Calvin and Hobbes!

-jk
    WaPo had an article up a few weeks ago on the 25th anniversary of Watterson’s last strip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2020/12/31/calvin-hobbes-bill-watterson/

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    WaPo had an article up a few weeks ago on the 25th anniversary of Watterson’s last strip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...ill-watterson/
    Wow. I am old.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Wow. I am old.
    When I was at Duke in the mid-80's, I recall The Chronicle having four cartoons. IIRC three of them were Peanuts, Calvin & Hobbes, and The Far Side. All are long since gone except in repeat syndication.

(Don't recall the fourth -- anyone? Am I misremembering? Maybe Doonsebury which went away and now is back -- Gary Trudeau was the commencement speaker in '88).

When I was at Duke in the mid-80's, I recall The Chronicle having four cartoons. IIRC three of them were Peanuts, Calvin & Hobbes, and The Far Side. All are long since gone except in repeat syndication.

(Don't recall the fourth -- anyone? Am I misremembering? Maybe Doonsebury which went away and now is back -- Gary Trudeau was the commencement speaker in '88).
    Is there anything even remotely as brilliant and keenly observed as The Far Side and C&H today?

Is there anything even remotely as brilliant and keenly observed as The Far Side and C&H today?

Bloom County?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Bloom County?
    Haven’t read, will check it out.

I think Dilbert is very keenly observed but just doesn’t have the fantastical brilliance of the others.

Haven’t read, will check it out.

I think Dilbert is very keenly observed but just doesn’t have the fantastical brilliance of the others.
    I thought Sunday was fitting and hilarious.

dt210117.jpg

The Presidential thread never moved again. Next day, as the inauguration platform was being taken apart and the decorations were being loaded into vans and the entertainers were packing up their belongings and driving away in their trailers, the Presidential thread died. The Capitol Grounds were soon forlorn. The infield was littered with bottles and trash. Nobody, of the hundreds of people what had visited the National Mall, knew that a Presidential thread had played the most important part of all. No one was with the thread when it died.

cocktail hour today: french champagne and crunchy cheetos...i'm the guy with the orange mouth and nose

Enjoying some fresh tabbouleh salad with spicy shawarma chicken for lunch from a restaurant on the corner. Some nice warm pita on the side.

What a glorious sunny day here. Wish I was not at the office.