Page 1664 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 66411641564161416541662166316641665166616741714176421642664 ... LastLast
Results 33,261 to 33,280 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yup. Just don't do the unique juniper berry and alcohol flavor. Gets up in my nose in an unpleasant way.

Dry: Oats, almonds, chia, flax, cinnamon, nutmeg.

Wet: Pure maple, olive oil and vanilla.

Fruit: Raisons.
    Do you share the recipe?

Yup. Just don't do the unique juniper berry and alcohol flavor. Gets up in my nose in an unpleasant way.
    Ryan Reynolds explains how gin is made for those that may not like gin (NSFW):

roast duck and sweet potatoes, quack quack

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Do you share the recipe?
    Of course! Nothing special. One of the nice things about granola is once you get comfortable with your base ingredients and process, you can mix and match and tinker. I'm very pro-tinkering.

To mix my dry ingredients, I typically go - 4 cups oats, 1-1.5 cups nut (almond or slivered almond are my favorite), 1/2 cup chia and 1/2 cup flax (the smaller ingredients tend to diminish the granola "clumping" but I don't mind that), cinnamon to taste (1-2 TSB), TSP salt (+/- a bit based on salt type). You can of course try different types of seeds, nuts and spices. I sometimes toss nutmeg in, for example.

To mix my wet ingredients, I typically go - 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup maple + TSB vanilla. If I'm going for a really rich, slightly less healthy granola, I'll use coconut oil but my go to is just olive oil. Use real maple syrup. You also use honey or agave.

After mixing my wet thoroughly, I spoon into my dry and mix to coat. It all goes on a baking sheet. I typically go 275 for 20 minutes, toss and flip, and another 20-25 minutes. A lot of recipes call for 350 but I over-toasted mine a few times and just go low and slow now.

After it's out, I mix in the fruit. Dried blueberries, cranberries, or raisons are the standard. Sometimes I'll do dates and things like that.

Perfect, crisp, chilly beach day! Out we go!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    roast duck and sweet potatoes, quack quack
    Yum. What kind of duck?

A hard rain's a gonna fall.

Yum. What kind of duck?
    I shall duly confess. After years of roasting ducks in various way, with varying success, we have become enamored of the roasted duck portion (1/2 duck?) from Costco...you just heat it up for about 20 minutes, and bingo, nice crispy skin, not at all fatty, but very tasty. Easy and delicious. BUT we hate the sauce packs that come with it, some third rate very cinammony stuff, we use various sauces my wife whips up, blueberry and maple syrup sauce, maple/cranberry sauc, etc.

The half duck provides a generous portion for two people...and it avoids The Fat Issue which is a problem one runs into with a fresh duck (which can be dealt with, but it's time consuming).

It's vacuum sealed and can be kept in the fridge for several weeks, or you can freeze it.

We may get snow...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I shall duly confess. After years of roasting ducks in various way, with varying success, we have become enamored of the roasted duck portion (1/2 duck?) from Costco...you just heat it up for about 20 minutes, and bingo, nice crispy skin, not at all fatty, but very tasty. Easy and delicious. BUT we hate the sauce packs that come with it, some third rate very cinammony stuff, we use various sauces my wife whips up, blueberry and maple syrup sauce, maple/cranberry sauc, etc.

The half duck provides a generous portion for two people...and it avoids The Fat Issue which is a problem one runs into with a fresh duck (which can be dealt with, but it's time consuming).

It's vacuum sealed and can be kept in the fridge for several weeks, or you can freeze it.
    Sounds good, will have to give 'er a try.

Turkey tacos in the bundaberg house tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We may get snow...
    Anything more than flurries?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Anything more than flurries?

-jk

Not this time. We had some snow 3 years ago that lasted late into the next day. Those further into the Hill Country appear to gotten a bit; Austin got a couple inches it appears.

Of course! Nothing special. One of the nice things about granola is once you get comfortable with your base ingredients and process, you can mix and match and tinker. I'm very pro-tinkering.

To mix my dry ingredients, I typically go - 4 cups oats, 1-1.5 cups nut (almond or slivered almond are my favorite), 1/2 cup chia and 1/2 cup flax (the smaller ingredients tend to diminish the granola "clumping" but I don't mind that), cinnamon to taste (1-2 TSB), TSP salt (+/- a bit based on salt type). You can of course try different types of seeds, nuts and spices. I sometimes toss nutmeg in, for example.

To mix my wet ingredients, I typically go - 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup maple + TSB vanilla. If I'm going for a really rich, slightly less healthy granola, I'll use coconut oil but my go to is just olive oil. Use real maple syrup. You also use honey or agave.

After mixing my wet thoroughly, I spoon into my dry and mix to coat. It all goes on a baking sheet. I typically go 275 for 20 minutes, toss and flip, and another 20-25 minutes. A lot of recipes call for 350 but I over-toasted mine a few times and just go low and slow now.

After it's out, I mix in the fruit. Dried blueberries, cranberries, or raisons are the standard. Sometimes I'll do dates and things like that.
    Thank you.

Thanks for the recipe. I love granola in my morning yogurt.

Another pretty quiet day here...

Got a couple 'atta boys' for my granola recipe. That felt pretty good.

Given the relative insanity in the universe these days, I'll take "pretty quiet" for a few weeks.

Spent last evening with family. Nephew Alex heads back to Clemson today.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Spent last evening with family. Nephew Alex heads back to Clemson today.
    Always great to get family together. (Even when sometimes it's not -- Uncle Leroy, we don't need to hear your views on politics again but you brought back memories).

Safe travels for Alex back to God's Country in the Upstate!

thick grilled lamb chops, peas, carrots, mint sauce