Page 1657 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 65711571557160716471655165616571658165916671707175721572657 ... LastLast
Results 33,121 to 33,140 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I reported this to JK and I hope you get a permanent ban and this thread gets locked. Congratulations.
    Good call. I still diligently push them around on the plate into their own condemned pile when presented with them in a dish. My excuse, when questioned, is that they give me the heebee geebees. Being sent to my room no longer carries the shame that it once did.
    PS, who has their black eyed peas soaking?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Beans, onions, and chives - that's like 6 servings of vegetables right there.
    as a co-worker of mine often observed, vegetables are what food eats!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    as a co-worker of mine often observed, vegetables are what food eats!
    Do they have an "I love animals! They're delicious!" bumper sticker on their car?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Do they have an "I love animals! They're delicious!" bumper sticker on their car?
    maybe a "I eat road kill" sticker, not sure...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I love lima beans. I will be eating some (in place of collard greens cause the store didn't have any) on New Year's Day with my black-eyed peas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I love lima beans. I will be eating some (in place of collard greens cause the store didn't have any) on New Year's Day with my black-eyed peas.
    Look. Lima, butter and black eyed peas are 3rd rate beans. The hierarchy is pinto, black, green, white and great northern. Any other bean is just ok to substandard. If we can all agree to this I think we can do a lot to heal this nation.

Weezie is an absolute genius. I would like to subscribe to her newsletter.

And the OPK bean acronym was TOP TIER. He wins the thread for the day. Let's knock off and pick back up tomorrow.

Let's knock off and pick back up tomorrow.
    Ummm, but they are the musical fruit...

Since lima beans are named for Lima, Peru from whence they originated, shouldn't they be "Lee-muh" beans and not "Lie-ma" beans? Or am I just saying it wrong?

I have a meeting with a consortium of top GNALBGA producers this afternoon and damn, it would hurt my chances of getting the contract if I screw that part up.

Oh, and would it be the same in Spanish? Asking, y'know, for me.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Look. Lima, butter and black eyed peas are 3rd rate beans. The hierarchy is pinto, black, green, white and great northern. Any other bean is just ok to substandard. If we can all agree to this I think we can do a lot to heal this nation.

And the OPK bean acronym was TOP TIER. He wins the thread for the day. Let's knock off and pick back up tomorrow.
    Is it not a tradition where you are to eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day? I forgot to do it on Jan 1, 2020 and look what happened.

Is it not a tradition where you are to eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day? I forgot to do it on Jan 1, 2020 and look what happened.
    It is. I eschew tradition. But only because black eyed peas suck.

I was going to subscribe to your newsletter before I saw "black eyed peas." Swap them out for a kidney bean and I will support your cause.

I put kidney, lima, butter, and garbanzo beans in the same category of "too grainy."

And let's not even discuss the topic of pears.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I was going to subscribe to your newsletter before I saw "black eyed peas." Swap them out for a kidney bean and I will support your cause.

I put kidney, lima, butter, and garbanzo beans in the same category of "too grainy."

You mean the 19th best fruit?

I've not had black eyed peas on New Year's ever, but I was born in Hawaii.

A perfectly ripe pear is exquisite.

Unfortunately, that's really about a 15 minute window.

But damn, when you hit it you hit it.

You mean the 19th best fruit?
    Too grainy.

Ick.

We received a nice package of pears for Xmas. Juicy, good flavor. Couldn't finish even one.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Since lima beans are named for Lima, Peru from whence they originated, shouldn't they be "Lee-muh" beans and not "Lie-ma" beans? Or am I just saying it wrong?

I have a meeting with a consortium of top GNALBGA producers this afternoon and damn, it would hurt my chances of getting the contract if I screw that part up.

Oh, and would it be the same in Spanish? Asking, y'know, for me.
    I lived in Ohio for 3 years where it is definitely Lie-ma.

Too grainy.

Ick.

We received a nice package of pears for Xmas. Juicy, good flavor. Couldn't finish even one.
    We have pear trees. I chuck the pears at my neighbors. We live on a lake and these people have nice normal lives. I am the danger they need in their empty, miserable existence. They need to know. They need to know.

We have pear trees. I chuck the pears at my neighbors. We live on a lake and these people have nice normal lives. I am the danger they need in their empty, miserable existence. They need to know. They need to know.
    "ClemmonsDevil's the one who knocks."

I find apples as well as pears too grainy.

Upon reflection, I believe I used kidney beans in my chili. Lima beans kinda suck.

Anyway, sorry.