Page 1628 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 62811281528157816181626162716281629163016381678172821282628 ... LastLast
Results 32,541 to 32,560 of 67392
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My sister fell and broke her nose trying to donate goods. Nasty injury.
    Oh no!!!! Very sorry to hear. {{{{{vibes}}}}}

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    OMG! So sorry. Sending her healing vibes. Poor Sis!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    OMG! So sorry. Sending her healing vibes. Poor Sis!
    For true

ClemmonsDevil requested that I tell the "Swahili" story in the Prez thread but it's not a Prez thread story, so, here it is. It's theater related.

First a bit of background in case I haven't posted this about me before, I have a hobby, I am learning how to say "I love you" in as many languages as possible. The total right now is around 50.

And now the story. I was directing for a short play festival and we were holding auditions. Since several directors were casting multiple shows, we asked the actors to bring in a monologue in lieu of giving them sides. When directing for these things, I almost never look at the actual acting experience because they've all done shows. No, I concentrate on the special skills. One actor listed "proficient with languages" on her resume. After her audition, I noted that she said she was proficient with languages and asked what languages she spoke besides English. She said, "Swahili" and I responded, excitedly, with, "Nakupenda!" Her face fell. She then had to admit that she did not speak Swahili. She ended up being cast in the show, although not in the piece I directed. We had a party after the last performance and she came up to apologize about the incident. I told her not to worry, she had given me a wonderful gift, I had a story I was going to tell for the rest of my life and she said, "Me too!" (The proficient with languages comment had to do with her opera training, she can sing in Italian/German/French etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    ClemmonsDevil requested that I tell the "Swahili" story in the Prez thread but it's not a Prez thread story, so, here it is. It's theater related.

First a bit of background in case I haven't posted this about me before, I have a hobby, I am learning how to say "I love you" in as many languages as possible. The total right now is around 50.

And now the story. I was directing for a short play festival and we were holding auditions. Since several directors were casting multiple shows, we asked the actors to bring in a monologue in lieu of giving them sides. When directing for these things, I almost never look at the actual acting experience because they've all done shows. No, I concentrate on the special skills. One actor listed "proficient with languages" on her resume. After her audition, I noted that she said she was proficient with languages and asked what languages she spoke besides English. She said, "Swahili" and I responded, excitedly, with, "Nakupenda!" Her face fell. She then had to admit that she did not speak Swahili. She ended up being cast in the show, although not in the piece I directed. We had a party after the last performance and she came up to apologize about the incident. I told her not to worry, she had given me a wonderful gift, I had a story I was going to tell for the rest of my life and she said, "Me too!" (The proficient with languages comment had to do with her opera training, she can sing in Italian/German/French etc.)
    Fantastic! Always better to under-promise and over-deliver than vice versa. Thanks for sharing! And you can make a segue in the Presidential thread with purported business acumen...

During these times, there is plenty to bring you down. Here is an upper - it made my heart smile.

Yesterday's online service included a guest appearance by Ian playing drums on This Little Light of Mine. Ian is an amazing 5 year old member of our church. He started getting an allowance when he turned 5 and he can spend a portion, save a portion, and donate a portion. He chose to send his donation to church for the budget and then he just sent some more to help IHN (Interfaith Hospitality Network), which is an agency that works with individuals to transition them from homeless to homed. He is an incredible young man - his parents are too!

Enjoy the music - or not.

He's adorable! Oh, who wouldn't want to just squish that little man in a big old hug?

Great post DinK!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    During these times, there is plenty to bring you down. Here is an upper - it made my heart smile.

Yesterday's online service included a guest appearance by Ian playing drums on This Little Light of Mine. Ian is an amazing 5 year old member of our church. He started getting an allowance when he turned 5 and he can spend a portion, save a portion, and donate a portion. He chose to send his donation to church for the budget and then he just sent some more to help IHN (Interfaith Hospitality Network), which is an agency that works with individuals to transition them from homeless to homed. He is an incredible young man - his parents are too!

Enjoy the music - or not.

I remember that song from my youth. Ian sounds like a fine young man.

Healing vibes to her. Hope she is doing better today.

To sous vide or not to sous vide, that is the question.

I hope she is feeling better today and that she heals quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    To sous vide or not to sous vide, that is the question.
    For a small dinner, absolutely. As long as you can rapid sear.

That said, I have a friend who cut a hole in the top of a 54qt Coleman cooler and he can sous vide on a scale unavailable to my countertop method.

Healing vibes to her. Hope she is doing better today.
    She's pretty dang sore today!

Thanks for the well wishes

She's pretty dang sore today!

Thanks for the well wishes
    Well, perhaps she doesn't need to worry about having it immortalized in the big holiday pictures this year!

-jk

Murder by the Book, the first regular season episode of Columbo, was directed by Steven Spielberg.

Murder by the Book, the first regular season episode of Columbo, was directed by Steven Spielberg.
    Columbo was a child of divorce?

T-Bone is in the house. We can have "The Thanksgiving Adventures of T-Bone and The Drewsk". Tonight The Drewsk is grading final exams.

T-Bone quarantined at school before he came home. He was in a single and only left the room to get food and go to the bathroom for the past week. He had less human contact than I did, so, I hugged him when he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    For a small dinner, absolutely. As long as you can rapid sear.

That said, I have a friend who cut a hole in the top of a 54qt Coleman cooler and he can sous vide on a scale unavailable to my countertop method.
    This would be a small turkey breast, so searing not really needed I think.

Cold morning.