Page 1619 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 61911191519156916091617161816191620162116291669171921192619 ... LastLast
Results 32,361 to 32,380 of 67416
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    normal high temp for us these days is around 50...yet it has been, and is going to be, sunny and 70 for the next several days...which prompted me to look up the traditional term "Indian Summer" to see if it is seen as offensive these days.
    Most sources are equivocal on this...has been used for a long time in a non pejorative fashion, but I'm wondering what the new, safer term might be...in any event, it's glorious, we just don't tend to see this in November.
    A nice fall?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    A nice fall?
    yeah, that's what we're going with...it's like a nice Fall in NC at this point, which is really bizarre..(Fall is my favorite season in NC by far, love the OBs in late Sept, then thru early Nov...

yeah, that's what we're going with...it's like a nice Fall in NC at this point, which is really bizarre..(Fall is my favorite season in NC by far, love the OBs in late Sept, then thru early Nov...

We've appeared to have lost Mtn Devil to the OBs this time of year.

Fall in DC has been my favorite for a long time. The last few years its only been a couple weeks, though. This fall has been a delight!

-jk

I always found the OBs to be way way too hot in the summer, and crowded of course. Fall treks, however, are just wonderful, and the house rental prices fall precipitously...

How much losing is a fan expected to take? Is it like gambling, you have to ride it out until the hot streak?

If you're talking about Duke football, we're old hands at losing. A few bright spots over the years but all in all pretty stinky.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    If you're talking about Duke football, we're old hands at losing. A few bright spots over the years but all in all pretty stinky.
    I have to suffer through the SEC doormat, Vanderbilt. Makes for some long and tough Saturdays.

Self-censoring mode on now.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I posted this in the Prez thread but it probably belongs here.

In "What the 2020!?!" news, I felt the earthquake that hit Massachusetts this morning. BINGO!

I told everybody we had a white Halloween - yes? It snowed the day before but remained cold enough that it didn't all melt by the time the trick-or-treaters came out. Still so happy that kids around here were able to take in candy. Social distancing was practiced by all!

No candy passing out here. We rarely got more than a dozen kids in good years.

No candy passing out here. We rarely got more than a dozen kids in good years.
    I gave out 40 goodies bags! (Did I post that already?) Left them in a tin at the end of my front walkway. Kept looking out so I did get to see a few kids in their awesome costumes.

I really enjoy the combination of Peanut Butter and Honey. Not so much Peanut Butter and Chocolate. But Chocolate and Mint may be one of the few combinations of foods I actively dislike.

Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream.

Random video:

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I really enjoy the combination of Peanut Butter and Honey. Not so much Peanut Butter and Chocolate. But Chocolate and Mint may be one of the few combinations of foods I actively dislike.
    I remember making these as a kid:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11...-butter-balls/

Oh yeah, all day, my friend. I’d pop those suckers in my mouth ALL day.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    But Chocolate and Mint may be one of the few combinations of foods I actively dislike.
    Something is seriously wrong with you.

Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream.

Random video:

important question: the green ice cream variety, or white?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Something is seriously wrong with you.
    Hah. I get that a lot over this. It’s weird because I have virtually no other picky food issues, just this one.