Page 1614 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 61411141514156416041612161316141615161616241664171421142614 ... LastLast
Results 32,261 to 32,280 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is there a reason to wash your car other than it’s dirty? Does it prolong useful life or anything?

I can’t remember the last time I washed a car.
    I live under a canopy of tulip poplars. They drip whenever they have leaves out. I wash my cars when the windows get too gross. I have a lightweight pressure washer; it does a bang up job.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I live under a canopy of tulip poplars. They drip whenever they have leaves out. I wash my cars when the windows get too gross. I have a lightweight pressure washer; it does a bang up job.

-jk
    I have washed my current car more times in the just over 2 years I've owned it more than my prior vehicle in the entire 9 years I owned it. A new car wash went in that I pass at least twice a week. I can run it through the car wash and use the vacuum as many times as I want for a monthly fee.

It seems that every time I do a thorough cleaning of my car, some idiot decides to drive their car into my car, even if it’s parked. I decided to stop jinxing my cars.

I also only purchase silver or tan cars. As my son says, you can’t tell if it’s dirty if it’s the color of dirt.

I've owned blue, green, red, white, silver, gray and black cars. Never a brown or yellow car.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've owned blue, green, red, white, silver, gray and black cars. Never a brown or yellow car.
    Blue, blue again, white, gray, black, beige, black again.

I'm a nutcase about having a clean car. Comes from growing up in Detroit. I recently had to break in a new detailer and it was nerve wracking until he realized he was dealing with a kook.
    Yes, I live an extremely neurotic life.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am of the same ilk...I do not believe I've washed either of our cars (both silver, the non washer's color choice) in about two years...sometimes I pour a bucket of water over the rear window so I can see out of it, maybe once a year nip into a car wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    p.s. my Volvo is almost 15 years old, going unwashed hasn't bothered it one bit. Savvy tip: sometimes I leave it out during big steady rains...
    You guys are making me feel so much better about my car-washing habits.

blue and silver, black (NEVER again), and charcoal gray

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It's snowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It's snowing.
    Fake news

It's windy

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You guys are making me feel so much better about my car-washing habits.
    I concentrate my car care habits on what I deem important, e.g. appropriate oil changes, keeping all the mechanical stuff up to snuff, having good tires, etc. Seems to work fine.

OCD neighbor #1 visited some neighbors a couple years ago, a dog jumped onto the side of his car, left a minor scratch, and he nearly killed several people barreling down the road to buff out the scratch. Impressive.

Too many errands this morning.

Perhaps I'm one of the few who lives where they salt the roads?

Around here, there's a reason car washes offer a monthly payment price for unlimited washes.

TOH Season 6 - yes, I went backwards. And found myself uttering the phrase, "There is no way that meets code." as they toured the next house to be worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post

Around here, there's a reason car washes offer a monthly payment price for unlimited washes.
    I prefer to brine.

Oh, roads, yeah, I was thinking other things. Yeah, I don't think they have a salt pile here to use on the roads. Nor the equipment to spread the stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post

I would run prior cars through after the snow melted but I'm washing the new car much more often.

Breaking in the new tablet.

Digging the name Whistlebinkies.

dump run accomplished! and bought Cheetos for election day

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Breaking in the new tablet.
    It is much bigger than the old one and the screen resolution is nicer. Maybe it will help me keep down my typos.