Page 1613 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 6131113151315631603161116121613161416151623166317132113 ... LastLast
Results 32,241 to 32,260 of 42447
  1. #32241
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Two song titles come to mind this morning:
    “Rainy Night in Georgia”
    “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia” (no one got hung)

    And based on recommendations from this thread, I bought strawberry pop tarts yesterday for the first time ever. No electricity for the toaster this morning. 2020. 😡

  2. #32242
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Two song titles come to mind this morning:
    “Rainy Night in Georgia”
    “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia” (no one got hung)

    And based on recommendations from this thread, I bought strawberry pop tarts yesterday for the first time ever. No electricity for the toaster this morning. 2020. 😡
    It rainy here, too. Nothing but gray skies all day in PA.

  3. #32243
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Two song titles come to mind this morning:
    “Rainy Night in Georgia”
    “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia” (no one got hung)

    And based on recommendations from this thread, I bought strawberry pop tarts yesterday for the first time ever. No electricity for the toaster this morning. 2020. 😡
    Not weather-related, but try Fast Train to Georgia by Billy Joe Shaver, who died yesterday.

  4. #32244
    That caused me to actually look at the lyrics for Midnight Train to Georgia. L.A. = Lower Alabama?

  5. #32245
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Today, I am going to try and calm down. Even if only for today.
    Grocery store again?

  6. #32246
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    And based on recommendations from this thread, I bought strawberry pop tarts yesterday for the first time ever. No electricity for the toaster this morning. 2020. ��
    And they'll keep for months!
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 10-29-2020 at 08:22 AM.

  7. #32247
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    First snow of the season?
    We have had several dustings, including one yesterday, when my idiot neighbor actually mowed his lawn...impressive OCD chap, him.

    Zeta though will bring the first measurable snow south of us, that's just how it is.

  8. #32248
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ...yesterday, when my idiot neighbor actually mowed his lawn...impressive OCD chap, him.
    Wow, even I've given up on lawn mowing at this time of year. And normally we are still in the high 70s at this point.

  9. #32249
    I come to Ocracoke, and Asheville gets a tropical storm.

    Very on brand, 2020.

  10. #32250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    We have had several dustings, including one yesterday, when my idiot neighbor actually mowed his lawn...impressive OCD chap, him.

    Zeta though will bring the first measurable snow south of us, that's just how it is.
    Is this the socialism-hating, horse-in-the-pool,drinks-all-day neighbor?

  11. #32251
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is this the socialism-hating, horse-in-the-pool,drinks-all-day neighbor?
    No, but they're both profoundly OCD. Lawnmowing over the snow guy (who also rakes all his pine needles among about 250 pine trees) is different from OCD paved driveway guy (paved driveways are rare around here) who periodically removes a few leaves from his driveway NOT with a broom, but rather by riding his riding lawnmower up and down the driveway until the leaves scatter. That guy does happen to be socialism hating guy...when the Covid began back in March and I mentioned to him that I guess some things are going to get shut down (quite amiably) he hollered that "the only things we need to shut down are the media and the stock market." I guess his 401k had taken a beating.

    Third neighbor is horse in the pool guy, typically has a travel mug of Crown Royal on his way home from work, he's too toasted to do much of anything, though he does love his multi purpose tractor.

  12. #32252
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    No, but they're both profoundly OCD. Lawnmowing over the snow guy (who also rakes all his pine needles among about 250 pine trees) is different from OCD paved driveway guy (paved driveways are rare around here) who periodically removes a few leaves from his driveway NOT with a broom, but rather by riding his riding lawnmower up and down the driveway until the leaves scatter. That guy does happen to be socialism hating guy...when the Covid began back in March and I mentioned to him that I guess some things are going to get shut down (quite amiably) he hollered that "the only things we need to shut down are the media and the stock market." I guess his 401k had taken a beating.

    Third neighbor is horse in the pool guy, typically has a travel mug of Crown Royal on his way home from work, he's too toasted to do much of anything, though he does love his multi purpose tractor.
    I don’t want to tell you your business but you should be pitching reality TV scripts...

  13. #32253
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t want to tell you your business but you should be pitching reality TV scripts...
    What? Reality TV is scripted???

  14. #32254
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    I just voted. I did not take a sticker.

  15. #32255
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    You are so not helping me get over my pledge not to donate to the general scholarship fund at Duke anymore.

  16. #32256
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t want to tell you your business but you should be pitching reality TV scripts...
    My wife and I are perpetually entertained...we've lived in our house for over 30 years, as have the two OCD neighbors...we have small running bets on stuff...one of them mows the lawn three days a week, washes his cars three days/week...

  17. #32257
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ...one of them mows the lawn three days a week, washes his cars three days/week...
    Substitute “year” for “week”, and you could be talking about me. I have to do my part to even out the average due to guys like your neighbor. It has nothing to do with me being lazy.

  18. #32258
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Substitute “year” for “week”, and you could be talking about me. I have to do my part to even out the average due to guys like your neighbor. It has nothing to do with me being lazy.
    I am of the same ilk...I do not believe I've washed either of our cars (both silver, the non washer's color choice) in about two years...sometimes I pour a bucket of water over the rear window so I can see out of it, maybe once a year nip into a car wash.

  19. #32259
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am of the same ilk...I do not believe I've washed either of our cars (both silver, the non washer's color choice) in about two years...sometimes I pour a bucket of water over the rear window so I can see out of it, maybe once a year nip into a car wash.
    Is there a reason to wash your car other than it’s dirty? Does it prolong useful life or anything?


    I can’t remember the last time I washed a car.

  20. #32260
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is there a reason to wash your car other than it’s dirty? Does it prolong useful life or anything?


    I can’t remember the last time I washed a car.
    No good reason I can think of. OCD neighbor(s) need all things spotless and precise...here's another symptom, this one from neighbor #2, he who rakes pine needles. Yesterday morning he was laying out his reflective markers on his driveway for Plow Man to use this winter (not a bad idea), and while most folks just plunk in a marker every so often down the driveway, he was literally measuring out precisely equal distances between markers (with a tape measure) all the way down the 100+ yard driveway. Took him about 20 minutes to do what could have been done in two minutes.

    p.s. my Volvo is almost 15 years old, going unwashed hasn't bothered it one bit. Savvy tip: sometimes I leave it out during big steady rains...

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •