Page 1608 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 60811081508155815981606160716081609161016181658170821082608 ... LastLast
Results 32,141 to 32,160 of 67383
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ouch, my back would be in pain, lol.
    Especially difficult for tall people because the clubs were 24 inches long - but you did have a putter and a wedge. Wedge was helpful with the hill in the middle of two holes.

We didn't want to make it too easy since the holes weren't very big. The group of high school boys determined that 15 strokes would be the max on a hole - then you pick up the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Thank you.

I will remain curious about your impressions of new vs. old in this arena.
    I've already learned it has more bread burning power...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    one attribute, longevity, will not be known (probably) for a long time, but I'm putting my muffin money on the old guy.
    My mom is still using the toaster my parents got as a wedding present, almost 59 years ago. Tiny, narrow slots. It does not work very consistently, but she hasn't quite given up on it. I, however, have gone through my adult life on a series of cheap, crappy toasters. And, well, they were cheap and crappy. A few years ago, I was buying some furniture from a couple who were moving back to Asia and getting rid of everything, including their Oster toaster. Convinced them to throw it in with everything else I was buying. Have been quite pleased with it, especially the FROZEN button for my waffles. Hope I haven't jinxed it.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My mom is still using the toaster my parents got as a wedding present, almost 59 years ago. Tiny, narrow slots. It does not work very consistently, but she hasn't quite given up on it. I, however, have gone through my adult life on a series of cheap, crappy toasters. And, well, they were cheap and crappy. A few years ago, I was buying some furniture from a couple who were moving back to Asia and getting rid of everything, including their Oster toaster. Convinced them to throw it in with everything else I was buying. Have been quite pleased with it, especially the FROZEN button for my waffles. Hope I haven't jinxed it.
    that's what I'd expect...I've had the same Oster toaster for about 20 years now, it's not really an old classic, but I suspect it's more rugged than new ones. Still using my Braun juicer which is 38 years old I believe...

NFL football, Presidential debate, or clean drains(the p trap). Those were my choices for this evening. My drains are quite clean and I'm pleased with my choice.

Ugh. I 95 at Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Ugh. I 95 at Dawn.
    Just say no?

Ugh. I 95 at Dawn.
    Driving back from Florida last Saturday, I-95 through southern So. Carolina SUCKS! Is there no $ to fix that road? I don't think I've ever driven an interstate in worse shape. My poor tires. It got better mid-state, then a little worse to the north.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Driving back from Florida last Saturday, I-95 through southern So. Carolina SUCKS! Is there no $ to fix that road? I don't think I've ever driven an interstate in worse shape. My poor tires. It got better mid-state, then a little worse to the north.
    It’s the most heavily trafficked interstate in the US so I assume it will suck now and forever.

It’s the most heavily trafficked interstate in the US
    In more ways than one...

It’s the most heavily trafficked interstate in the US so I assume it will suck now and forever.
    for a respite some time, try driving I-91 in Vermont from north of White River Junction up to Canada...the question you will ask is, why did they build this? (it doesn't go to any major city)...apparently it was one of several routes for Ike and the boys to leave town back when the Interstate system was being planned...you can drive for miles and often see only one or two other cars...

Zeta appears to be brewing in the Caribbean.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    for a respite some time, try driving I-91 in Vermont from north of White River Junction up to Canada...the question you will ask is, why did they build this? (it doesn't go to any major city)...apparently it was one of several routes for Ike and the boys to leave town back when the Interstate system was being planned...you can drive for miles and often see only one or two other cars...
    I've only done 91 from Brattleboro to 89. Although I've never questioned why they built it, I'd call driving on it a respite. I'd include 89 as well. I've driven the entirety of 89 from Concord, NH to the Canadian border.

As to "why did they build this" though, I might add I-189 in Burlington to the list, all 1 1/2 miles of it.

In more ways than one...
    Narc.

Oooo, I'll get a Drewsk report later in the day.

Zeta Brewing is gonna be my prog rock band's debut album.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Zeta Brewing is gonna be my prog rock band's debut album.
    Can't wait to hear it!!

Can't wait to hear it!!
    It's probably gonna be a while, since I'm currently focused on my metal project, Molöch's Vengeance.

I've only done 91 from Brattleboro to 89. Although I've never questioned why they built it, I'd call driving on it a respite. I'd include 89 as well. I've driven the entirety of 89 from Concord, NH to the Canadian border.

As to "why did they build this" though, I might add I-189 in Burlington to the list, all 1 1/2 miles of it.
    For doing our local business, I-189 actually has a purpose.
    Yes, I-91 from Brattleboro to White River Junction is placid and lovely, very few cars...but if you continue north on I-91 to Canada you really may see no one at all, it's rather remarkable...most common use may be for motorheads to head out there at night to see how fast they can go..you really can drive there at night for an hour and not see another car...

Phew. Done with that drive. One massive diaper blow out but mostly okay. Fredericksburg to Baltimore never disappoints for congestion.